England v Russia

Chat about anything football related here!
irishhammer

Re: England v Russia

Post by irishhammer »

when will guys like peter taylor wake up and tell the game as it is.giving stering and rooney 8 marks both were shit,russia were so poor ireland would have beaten them,that is why england will never win anything tell it as it is,like roy keane. england players are walking around today believing they played well last night.i can not pick out one player last night who over the 90mins who did better than a 6.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

irishhammer wrote:when will guys like peter taylor wake up and tell the game as it is.giving stering and rooney 8 marks both were shit,russia were so poor ireland would have beaten them,that is why england will never win anything tell it as it is,like roy keane. england players are walking around today believing they played well last night.i can not pick out one player last night who over the 90mins who did better than a 6.

Hard to say cause all that happened , imo, was a game of retain ball move and pass. and try your damnedest not to score.

Couldnt rate one of our players higher myself cause they all mainly played the same role. Can Rate two players at least lower than a 4 . Theyve already been named.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

LOL, I fell asleep at 1-0 only to discover it ended 1-1 when I woke up. Needless to say, I was not surprised.

Why on earth was Kane taking corners by the way? And what is wrong with shooting at any other area of the goal than the one in which the goalkeeper was standing.
Flairon

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Flairon wrote:LOL, I fell asleep at 1-0 only to discover it ended 1-1 when I woke up. Needless to say, I was not surprised.

Why on earth was Kane taking corners by the way? And what is wrong with shooting at any other area of the goal than the one in which the goalkeeper was standing.
I went one better than you Flair , the Cunt indoors had me gopher ing last night .

I knew with the footy due on it was deliberate so I recorded to outfox the cunt and watch it today when she was at work .

I just popped up the corner shop to get some cigarettes before settling down to watch the game .
As I've walked into the shop some cunt is standing there reading a newspaper , the front page of which said 'thugs run riot as Englabd draw'.

So I won't fucking bother now as this thread tells me all I need to know :evil:
Bring back Jonathon !

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Looks like Russia could be groups weakest team,so stating the obvious England prob need to win
both game now to make sure.
I'm Gutted and disappointed with myself,but just CAN NOT get behind a team that's half Tots.
And I'm one of the most patriotic people you will ever meet.
I need to get over it FFS !!!!

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

There is something very "Spinal Tap" watching and following the England bandwagon at a major tournament.

Both are circled around a group of people who are desperate to be serious and to be taken seriously............ but actually serve up a comedic treat in their efforts.

I'm sure if you went through in detail you could find many a cross-matching metaphor :)
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

jameskel

Post by jameskel »

Little surprised by the reactions.

Thought we were excellent. Moved the ball quickly, attacked with pace. Cannot find fault, other than in front of goal. Kane had to come off, he does not suit a fast paced team, fucking hate him, but sturridge all day for me. Rooney controlled the game, why take him off and try to hold 1-0, only the old piss stained cunt will know. Walker was superb, at times, unstoppable, and Laliana was also good.

Watched the Wales game, and yes they worked hard, but thats it, would not fear them at all, as long as we play the same way
Covid in the Boardroom

hammerman69

Post by hammerman69 »

Same old story

Leave behind players on form....Defoe, Dann, Antonio, Noble, Drinkwater - check
Take at least one player with massive promise but then not play him .... Vardy - check
Come up with some barmy tactics ...... Kane playing lone striker and taking the corners - check
Play defensively to start with as we have another 38....oh wait 2 games left in the group - check
play well initially and miss loads of chances - check
take the lead against a poor side - check
instead of going for broke and putting on another striker, put Milner and a half fit Wilshere on - check
defend like cunts and conceded last minute equaliser - check

Fucking Milner.

I cant understand why the media are wetting themslves over England.....we were OK against a pisspoor side, couldn't take our chances, defended like cunts because our back 4 is crap (The only thing I dont blame Roy for) and then we are looking for the good points

Sterling is overrated....said that for a long time..couldnt finish a sentence and there is a reason Man City dropped him
Kane was isolated.....we should have played with two up front against opposition like Russia.
Why take Vardy and Sturridge if you are going to bring Milner on when only 1-0 up....get some bollocks Roy.
No doubt we will get through the group....its not fucking difficult is it but all the warning signs are there again

Difference between France and England - France pick Payet and Kante from unfashionable clubs and, what a surprise, they show up Pogba and Griezmann and save their skins...France didnt play well but they won...That is all that matters at International tournament level !.....England go for players that have good reputations and ignore the season just gone.

Hodgson : 'Kane was taking corners as he is the best striker of a ball'....Oh so none of the other INTERNATIONAL quality players can hit a dead ball from out wide into the penalty area ??? Whats the point of our wide midfielders or wingbacks then ?

I'm fucked off already as there are a few big teams with iffy defenses (Germany, France) and it reminds me of the PL this season, we could win this with the players we have in this country...I can see a surprise winner myself though and the best team I have seen so far is Croatia.

France have Payet
Croatia have Modric
Sweden have Zlatan

We have fucking Milner .... and I bet he tries to play Wilshere from the start and Henderson soon as well.

Edit to say....at least Delph got injured pre tourney otherwise I bet he would get a game ahead of Vardy

hammerman69

Post by hammerman69 »

and Spain made England look clinical....