Jonathon Calleri

Chat about anything football related here!
Gonzo

Re: Re : Jonathon Calleri

Post by Gonzo »

blackcountryhammer wrote:zarate was top scorer in the argie league when we signed him I believe,so is it he was played out of position or the prem is a whole lot harder for these south american players,one to ponder on

To be fair mate he was our joint top scorer (5) alongside Payet when we sold him.

As for replacing Valencia . . . . . somebody has to take him first. Sakho is the one I'd bet money on not being here at the end of the window.

rajahirons

Re: Jonathon Calleri

Post by rajahirons »

BillyDWhizz wrote:He'll be the proper article of that I'm sure, already picked for the Argentinian Olympic squad and I can't see full honours being far away.
I think he is in the preliminary squad of 35 players and he will probably get cut if you consider Paulo Dybala, Mauro Icardi, Luciano Vietto and even Ángel Correa all rated above him and still under 23.

I've never watched and I doubt that any of us have ever seen him play live. Football manager rates him and the Argentine's also seems to think he can turn into something. His youtube clip is half decent but I think Enner Valencia looks better on youtube. His goal scoring record is not great but Argentinian players don't score a lot of goals when they play together. You can just have a look at Aguero when he plays for Argentina. They do have a natural feel for the game and I like a proper Argentine striker. I think he will do good with our more tactical players around him.

My main concern is that Argentine players can be very temperamental. He won't be playing more than 25 games and I'm not sure how he will cope with being on the bench for most of the time. I would prefer a similar loan deal to Lanzini's one for him, but I understand we need to buy him since he is owned by some third party owners.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

rajahirons wrote:
BillyDWhizz wrote:He'll be the proper article of that I'm sure, already picked for the Argentinian Olympic squad and I can't see full honours being far away.
I think he is in the preliminary squad of 35 players and he will probably get cut if you consider Paulo Dybala, Mauro Icardi, Luciano Vietto and even Ángel Correa all rated above him and still under 23.

I've never watched and I doubt that any of us have ever seen him play live. Football manager rates him and the Argentine's also seems to think he can turn into something. His youtube clip is half decent but I think Enner Valencia looks better on youtube. His goal scoring record is not great but Argentinian players don't score a lot of goals when they play together. You can just have a look at Aguero when he plays for Argentina. They do have a natural feel for the game and I like a proper Argentine striker. I think he will do good with our more tactical players around him.

My main concern is that Argentine players can be very temperamental. He won't be playing more than 25 games and I'm not sure how he will cope with being on the bench for most of the time. I would prefer a similar loan deal to Lanzini's one for him, but I understand we need to buy him since he is owned by some third party owners.
Depends on which lazy journo's version you read . I have read reports , may even have been Hughie boy ? That the 3rd party ownership thing is a load of crap .

He's actually on loan to Sao Paolo from some obscure Uraguayan club at the moment.

Or the other way round depending where you read it .
I think Kia Joorbachian IS his agent though .

I've seen a couple of games live in some South American knockout tournament .
When I say live , I have a mate living in Rio monitoring him for me , he records games for me and I watch em with him on the laptop occasionally .
Nearest thing I can compare him at the moment with is Rashford only more impressive.mind you the Brazilian league has some awful defences.
I'm sure our man the Goat will confirm.
Bring back Jonathon !

rajahirons

Post by rajahirons »

Newmarket wrote:I've seen a couple of games live in some South American knockout tournament .
When I say live , I have a mate living in Rio monitoring him for me , he records games for me and I watch em with him on the laptop occasionally .
Nearest thing I can compare him at the moment with is Rashford only more impressive.mind you the Brazilian league has some awful defences.
That is next level. :D Better than Rashford? Then he would be more than good enough.

I know they don't have good defenses but the players don't pass either. Each player want to take on half the team and get some sort of wonder goal. You might see one player score 20 goals but 15 goals is good in those leagues.

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

rajahirons wrote:
His goal scoring record is not great
8 goals in his last 10 games. You're a bit hard to please ain't ya!? :lol:
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

rajahirons

Post by rajahirons »

BillyDWhizz wrote:
rajahirons wrote:
His goal scoring record is not great
Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
2013–2014 All Boys 28 (6)
2014– Boca Juniors 41 (16)
2016 São Paulo (loan) 24 (12)

I'm not talking about his current run but rather his record. I remember Sakho scoring 8 in 9

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

rajahirons wrote:
BillyDWhizz wrote:
Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
2013–2014 All Boys 28 (6)
2014– Boca Juniors 41 (16)
2016 São Paulo (loan) 24 (12)

I'm not talking about his current run but rather his record. I remember Sakho scoring 8 in 9
His record? He hardly has a record, he's only 22! Aguero at the same age of 22 scored 18 in 36 games, and before that his goal scoring record was non existent, so if you extrapolate Calleri's 8 in 10 he's about on a par with Sergio Aguero!!

Of course, I'm being objective but we have to face facts that we ain't going to sing Lacazette, Batshuayi or anyone with a genuine, (not artificially inflated) £30 million price tag. As I said before, I think Calleri would monster it in the PL and he should be high on our list of priorities.
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

rajahirons

Post by rajahirons »

BillyDWhizz wrote:His record? He hardly has a record, he's only 22! Aguero at the same age of 22 scored 18 in 36 games, and before that his goal scoring record was non existent, so if you extrapolate Calleri's 8 in 10 he's about on a par with Sergio Aguero!!
Aguero moved to City 5 years ago when he was at the same age as Calleri is now(Calleri turns 23 in September). Aguero scored 75 league goals for Athletico Madrid when he joined City.

I get what you're saying and I want to see him sign for us but I'm definitely not as optimistic as you are regarding his goal scoring exploits.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

rajahirons wrote:
Newmarket wrote:I've seen a couple of games live in some South American knockout tournament .
That is next level. :D Better than Rashford? Then he would be more than good enough.

I know they don't have good defenses but the players don't pass either. Each player want to take on half the team and get some sort of wonder goal. You might see one player score 20 goals but 15 goals is good in those leagues.
LOOKS more impressive than Rashford , mind you Rashford has less experience but definitely a similar player and they all have to start somewhere and they all need somebody to give em a chance. Beside in this day & age £7m is fuck all .
Really excited about this .
Bring back Jonathon !

palerider

Post by palerider »

Newmarket wrote:
rajahirons wrote:

Depends on which lazy journo's version you read . I have read reports , may even have been Hughie boy ? That the 3rd party ownership thing is a load of crap .

He's actually on loan to Sao Paolo from some obscure Uraguayan club at the moment.

Or the other way round depending where you read it .
I think Kia Joorbachian IS his agent though .

I've seen a couple of games live in some South American knockout tournament .
Joorabchian's his agent you say ?

Leave well alone then. As soon as he kicks a ball the 'gang of four' would get the band back together, Sean Bean and a bunch of fuckwit retards would descend on parliament and Lord Justice Griffiths would be rescued from the Alzheimers clinic to rule against us.