Everton v West Ham official match thread & preview

Chat about anything football related here!
IronsForever

Re: Match Review

Post by IronsForever »

Seems impossible to stop that " Tree Trunk Lukaku scoring" He did get one on one with Fernandes a couple of times in the first half but the delivery to him was poor . Tough place to go!! We should have marked Barkley much tighter. he is their string puller and we allowed him much to much space. Noble does run all over the pitch when we play away i would rather have seen him stick to Bark when they broke. Thought we could get a draw until i saw Zaza wobble onto the pitch!! Was never going to be easy playing Chelsea and Everton away in 4 days. Payet looked heavy after half time and should have been rested. Tough day for the lads but would i will never forget that magical performance against Chelsea a few days ago, which takes the sting out of this defeat! and even if we rested players for Chelsea and got beat would we have won the game today? And would anyone swap that win of Chelsea for this win??
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

ToneLoc

Re: Match Review

Post by ToneLoc »

IronsForever wrote:And would anyone swap that win of Chelsea for this win??
No way
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

Gonzo

Re: Everton v West Ham official match thread & preview

Post by Gonzo »

Payet was shit today but he wasn't on his own but he'll be back soon enough and I'd not be surprised if he scored and created goals against Stoke.

I would certainly like to see him closer to the opposition goal though because there was a huge void between Antonio and the midfield today.

Towie

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote:
palerider wrote:In a small gesture of defence, the effort on Wednesday must have taken a toll, trained athletes that they are. Everton had a free week. We looked decidedly leggy in the 2nd half. Payet for the whole match.
I take it you agree with my comment that it was a mistake sending the first choice team out in the Mickey Mouse on Wednesday?

I'm not sure that footballers shouldn't be able to play 3 hours in a week but the tiredness bandwagon does seem to keep rolling and if you give someone an excuse-----.
I wouldn't swap the win on weds for a win today. Nothing better than beating the Cheats apart from tottscum of course!
We are not going to win the league or qualify for Champs league, nor I suspect be relegated. So let's win a trophy instead, winning the Efl cup might be the start of something.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

IRON-MAN ⚒

Post by IRON-MAN ⚒ »

hang on a minute we are away from home against a team who had something to prove' you dont get many teams going there and get a result fuck me payet up front on his jacks and no strikers ok first half we coul;d of been home and dry but as i said no striker what else can we do ffs. ;) ;) ;) ;) 8-) :oops: :roll:
BA14 TO E13 SINCE 85. whufc_crest

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

Gonzo wrote:Payet was shit today but he wasn't on his own but he'll be back soon enough and I'd not be surprised if he scored and created goals against Stoke.

I would certainly like to see him closer to the opposition goal though because there was a huge void between Antonio and the midfield today.
Doesn't show up for Everton but will against stoke. is that an excuse Gonzo?

Best paid player we have and not very consistent even with the free kicks, which I can't get my head around.
Omicron is an anagram of moronic

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

Ironworksfc wrote:
Gonzo wrote:Payet was shit today but he wasn't on his own but he'll be back soon enough and I'd not be surprised if he scored and created goals against Stoke.

Doesn't show up for Everton but will against stoke. is that an excuse Gonzo?

Best paid player we have and not very consistent even with the free kicks, which I can't get my head around.

But we can't afford the genius player that performs home and away without any drop in performance, I'd put Sanchez & De Bruyne in that bracket but they'd be £60m.

It's always been the same, we couldn't afford Bergkamp or Zola so we get the flawed fascist Italian who attacks referees and doesn't attend away games.

If the choice was to get rid of Payet and bring in Griezmann then fair enough but that's not what would happen. We'd get someone who wasn't quite as skillful, didn't score as many goals and certainly didn't set up as many but would run up and down all day . . . . . . . . my guess is somebody like Andros Townsend or Gylfi Sigurdsson.

I'll keep Payet thanks

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

ryanguitarhammer wrote:Payet and Lanzini were dog shit today, Payet was not interested.
Bringing on Zaza puts us down to 10 men and admitting defeat.
Cresswell was non existent till the 75th minute.
Still have no strikers.
And Noble was abysmal as usual. Pitiful to look at his total lack of speed. Cant carry on playing with 10 men !!

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave »

Lets hope then we do not get in to a relegation battle with Payet, because he would be as useful as a one legged man in an arse kicking competition. His tracking back, tackling and anything defensive is shocking, World Class? not in my book, he was fucking shit today.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

See what a couple of scraper league wins and a cup victory can do ?

I wish I could be most genuinely amused but I can't .

Last years freak season apart , we always lose at Everton , Lukaku always always always scores against us and the manager makes unfathomable substitutions.

What's new ?

It wasn't THAT bad today . We learnt a few things.

Fernandes can't defend but I like him a lot .
I'm thinking (still) that he must play in an offensive midfield position instead of LanZini or Payet in rotation especially away from home.
Bilic seemed to switch Noble and Obiang out of the position today and it didn't work.

Bringing on Zaza when the game was already lost was just wasting games from Zaza's loan agreement , hopefully speeding up his departure .

Our players are not fit enough to play 180 minutes football in a week even though they fucking well should be able too and finally ...

pingpong is no judge of a centre back :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !