Top Five

Chat about anything football related here!
Taansend

Re: Top Five

Post by Taansend »

Whiskyman wrote:
palerider wrote:City or Arse. Don't mind which.

The chance of us breaking into the top 5 is unthinkable with the Shyster twins at the helm. I'm starting to think, for the first time, that if relegation and the necessity of cutting their losses, forced them into selling up, it wouldn't be the most disastrous thing that's ever happened to the club.
I beg to differ. Rumours abound in the city about a potential takeover which, should relegation occur, would basically not happen. Rumours in the city are nothing new, in fact the bloody place thrives on them, but this one has been doing the rounds for a while and if there is any truth in it the stumbling block at present is the payment which would have to be made to the LLDC in the event of a sale. The argument being that the stadium has increased the value of the club significantly so the LLDC are, under the terms, entitled to a large cut of that increased value.

Relegation would mean all bets are off. With that particular buyer anyway.
Whiskey,

The rumours are that WE"RE going to be bought out??? Blimey. Do you think it would be an outright buy or someone buying half the club?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Taansend wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:
I beg to differ. Rumours abound in the city about a potential takeover which, should relegation occur, would basically not happen. Rumours in the city are nothing new, in fact the bloody place thrives on them, but this one has been doing the rounds for a while and if there is any truth in it the stumbling block at present is the payment which would have to be made to the LLDC in the event of a sale. The argument being that the stadium has increased the value of the club significantly so the LLDC are, under the terms, entitled to a large cut of that increased value.

Relegation would mean all bets are off. With that particular buyer anyway.
Whiskey,

The rumours are that WE"RE going to be bought out??? Blimey. Do you think it would be an outright buy or someone buying half the club?

Only rumours so no substance like leaked documents. But I would assume outright. People with the sort of money involved to broker such a deal wouldn't, I suspect, want to share ownership with anyone. And certainly not a pair of barrow boys like Pinky & Perky who aren't close to being in the same financial league.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Taansend

Post by Taansend »

Whiskyman wrote:
Taansend wrote:
Whiskey,

Only rumours so no substance like leaked documents. But I would assume outright. People with the sort of money involved to broker such a deal wouldn't, I suspect, want to share ownership with anyone. And certainly not a pair of barrow boys like Pinky & Perky who aren't close to being in the same financial league.
Cheers. Interesting.

So far these takeovers have been hit & miss for the clubs involved (Fulham, QPR & Blackburn spring to mind).

To be honest, I'd rather follow the Tottenham or Southampton route by developing talent but I know many would want us to do a Chelsea.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Whiskyman wrote:
Taansend wrote:
Whiskey,

Any takeover would naturally have to be the right takeover, but as I've stated ad nauseam, we'll never compete again near the top of the PL with Abbott and Costello running the show.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Taansend wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:

Cheers. Interesting.

So far these takeovers have been hit & miss for the clubs involved (Fulham, QPR & Blackburn spring to mind).

To be honest, I'd rather follow the Tottenham or Southampton route by developing talent but I know many would want us to do a Chelsea.

Absolutely no reason why clubs can't do both. Chelsea and City have both spent fortunes developing their academies. The problem those clubs have is that their kids have to be a higher standard than most because they are competing at the very highest level and want to stay there.

Iheanacho has come through the City set up and he looks a proper player. And I can see there being more if Guardiola stays there for a length of time.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?