SecurityChecks

Chat about anything football related here!
marksb

SecurityChecks

Post by marksb »

I was disappointed by the fans reaction to the security checks being carried out yesterday, which resulted in queues and a delays in getting into the stadium.

There were supporters shouting at security to speed up and started pushing from behind.

Headline from the Telegraphy yesterday:

Police uncover London Underground bomb plot: teenage suspect arrested after 'viable improvised explosive device' found on tube train

Checks are made by security to prevent people entering the stadium who wish to cause harm to others.

Let these guys do their jobs, it's these guys who if they find a suspicious package or stop a suicide bomber will probably lose their lives doing their jobs, for not a lot of money.

What if Security do what all the shouters/pushers want and let everyone in without the checks, then a device is detonated and kills and injures scores of fans, it will be these same people that will moan and complain.

If you don't want to be held up in queues, get to the match earlier, take a note of your surroundings, if you see armed police, then be under no illusion that they are there for a reason, not to prevent supporters going to the match, but prevent any hostile actions escalating.

I know we have had issues with security inside the stadium and on that note things have improved, please realise why they are completing these security checks, it's not because they want to give you or me a hard time!!

JustLikeMyDreams

Re: SecurityChecks

Post by JustLikeMyDreams »

marksb wrote:I was disappointed by the fans reaction to the security checks being carried out yesterday, which resulted in queues and a delays in getting into the stadium.

There were supporters shouting at security to speed up and started pushing from behind.

Headline from the Telegraphy yesterday:

Police uncover London Underground bomb plot: teenage suspect arrested after 'viable improvised explosive device' found on tube train

Checks are made by security to prevent people entering the stadium who wish to cause harm to others.

Let these guys do their jobs, it's these guys who if they find a suspicious package or stop a suicide bomber will probably lose their lives doing their jobs, for not a lot of money.

What if Security do what all the shouters/pushers want and let everyone in without the checks, then a device is detonated and kills and injures scores of fans, it will be these same people that will moan and complain.

If you don't want to be held up in queues, get to the match earlier, take a note of your surroundings, if you see armed police, then be under no illusion that they are there for a reason, not to prevent supporters going to the match, but prevent any hostile actions escalating.

I know we have had issues with security inside the stadium and on that note things have improved, please realise why they are completing these security checks, it's not because they want to give you or me a hard time!!
Spot on mark!Nothing else to add there.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

In the present climate anyone who grizzles and whines about security checks should be carted off to the OB shop imo. Did they give it the "infringing my civil liberties" bollocks as well? Probably the same tossers parading that silly "Refugees Welcome" banner spread all over the BBC website. They'd be the first in the queue complaining about lax security if some cave dwelling camel jockey managed to get a gun, or worse, into the stadium.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

I agree, I'd rather be delayed 10 mins than get blown up.

What was disappointing was that we had no idea as it was not being communicated so we only found out what caused the delay once we were actually being searched.

It would have helped if they'd have announced on the PA or screen that fans should expect delays

Romfordhammer

Post by Romfordhammer »

Agree with everyone sentiments about this, but there may have been less delays if they had opened the gates at 1.00pm as they have done for every other match so far this season instead of 1.30pm as they did yesterday! If they knew they had to do these enhanced security checks, why on earth delay opening the gates until 1.30?

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

Romfordhammer wrote:Agree with everyone sentiments about this, but there may have been less delays if they had opened the gates at 1.00pm as they have done for every other match so far this season instead of 1.30pm as they did yesterday! If they knew they had to do these enhanced security checks, why on earth delay opening the gates until 1.30?

Welcome to the forum Romford mate :D

Romfordhammer

Post by Romfordhammer »

Thanks Gonzo, been a member a while now, but think that's my first post!

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

Romfordhammer wrote:Thanks Gonzo, been a member a while now, but think that's my first post!

Well you are very welcome mate, most of the natives don't bite :D

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Romfordhammer wrote:Thanks Gonzo, been a member a while now, but think that's my first post!
Yeah mate Welcome . Get involved and keep us up to date with the foul depraved goings on in Time & Envy or whatever it's latest incarnation is :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

Jacko1966

Post by Jacko1966 »

I got to the turnstiles at just after 2.30, waited no more than 2 or 3 minutes and the guy that searched me was courteous and good humoured. Completely painless and absolutely necessary given recent events.