Junior Stanislas

Chat about anything football related here!
stupo63

Junior Stanislas

Post by stupo63 »

another couple of goals yesterday, he also looks like he has grown a few inches in height.
overtime I've seen him play this year, looks pretty good.
another youngster we maybe let go too soon ):

Whiskyman

Re: Junior Stanislas

Post by Whiskyman »

Must admit I always thought the kid did a decent job for us. Weighed in with his fair share of goals from midfield. Was never going to be an Allardyce player though. Not surprised he's back playing in the PL. Bournemouth is about his level imo. A good fit for each other.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

IRON-MAN ⚒

Post by IRON-MAN ⚒ »

Whiskyman wrote:Must admit I always thought the kid did a decent job for us. Weighed in with his fair share of goals from midfield. Was never going to be an Allardyce player though. Not surprised he's back playing in the PL. Bournemouth is about his level imo. A good fit for each other.

would you feel the same about Ravel Morrison' ;)
BA14 TO E13 SINCE 85. whufc_crest

Towie

Post by Towie »

Junior is the only one I know of in recent years that we let go that has made it in the premier league.
Remember people giving our recent managers a lot of criticism over not playing youngsters. But where are they now?

Hall in league one and hardly tearing it up.
Lee at Barnsley can't get in the team.
Sears at Ipswich, has done well there but still not good enough for Premier.
Hines was at Dagenham, that's conference standard.
Pelly ruddock can't get in Luton team.
Dan Potts at Luton also, seen him play a few times now and is definitely not all standard.
Turgott think he is now in conference.
Numerous others can't even remember half their names.
It shows that we are not really getting it wrong.
And academy improving with the lot that are coming through now.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Hildreth_1101

Post by Hildreth_1101 »

Thing about Stanislas is he needed all that time in the lower leagues to be the player he is today - Would he be as good as he is now if he spent the last few seasons on the bench trying to break into our team in PL? I doubt it.

He's a good player and hopefully he establishes himself as PL quality player for years to come. That and I also like Bournemouth, a young English manager, lots of good English players, small club in the big time, I don't see how they can stay in the PL over the next few years but it's refreshing to see a team like them come up playing football the right way and the likes of Wigan and Bolton down where they belong.

LeeWHU88

Post by LeeWHU88 »

Hildreth_1101 wrote:Thing about Stanislas is he needed all that time in the lower leagues to be the player he is today - Would he be as good as he is now if he spent the last few seasons on the bench trying to break into our team in PL? I doubt it.
This.

I was about to post the same thing. It's the same with Sears, if he'd stayed with us he wouldn't have become a striker at the level he's at now, would of been fucked off, ended up in the conference and floated around. Letting players go early is best for the player, let them go and grow as footballers.

Leon Britton got released, went to league 2 and has progressed with the club. Proper competitive game time is so important to development, reserve football is no where near the level required to grow.

Glad to see Stanislas playing well, always liked him.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Stanislas just about right for Bournemouth.
Morrison I'd take back tomorrow after giving him a slap.
Samuelson I'll personally go and bring him back myself and give Slav a slap!
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

stupo63

Post by stupo63 »

Brookbonds73 wrote:Stanislas just about right for Bournemouth.
Samuelson is still on our books isn't he ?

JayK

Post by JayK »

Junior has definitely improved at Bournemouth. I wasn't too upset about him going at the time because I saw him as a fringe player. I still believe that's what he'd be at West Ham if he was here. He's doing well though and I wish him luck in the future except when playing us
COYI!!!

Olas1

Post by Olas1 »

Brookbonds73 wrote:Stanislas just about right for Bournemouth.
Samuelson is not getting game time in Blackburns team which is a travesty! Definitely one for the future, then again we have a player called Reece Oxford who didn't even get a game versus Accrington Stanley yet Man Utd and Man City are reportedly interested in signing!?!
I assumed the reason for selling Tomkins was for either Burke or Oxford to start pressing for a first team place?