Zaza

Chat about anything football related here!
jameskel

Re: Zaza

Post by jameskel »

would be a scandal, should we pay £25 mill for him, regardless of effort
Covid in the Boardroom

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Gonzo wrote:
If he signs it would make him our most expensive ever purchase which in my opinion would mean he should be our best player . . . . . . . . he ain't even close.
I can see a lot of transfer records being broken in the next 2 windows. Signings from Europe will cost English clubs around 25% more because of the fall in the pound's value against the Euro. If the fee is agreed in dollars it will be more like 35%.

Which could be a big chunk of a transfer budget.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

hammer23

Post by hammer23 »

Right now I don't see how he is worth 24 million or whatever it exactly is. More like 12 million! If that! Yes he tried hard in the last game but he has to start creating assists or scoring goals. If he doesn't do that then it's too much of a gamble. Then what? we take a gamble and say oh sorry we can't buy any decent players next summer because we've spent 24 mill on Zaza? next summer we have to improve our starting 11 because our signings this summer have been for a UEFA Cup campaign. But since we've got him I hope he comes good and scores goals or creates assists. I hope he works out for us and then okay lets sign him! But if he doesn't start scoring then sorry but no thanks!

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Before this thread goes even more crazy - trying to evaluate the lads £££££££ worth - can we just remind ourselves that Charlie Austin has scored 7 goals this season for Southampton and cost them all of 4 Million £'s.

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever »

Exactly Mike, those instincts to be in the right place will grow ( hopefully) . The daily mail paid a nice compliment to him after the game. How's this for a stat?

At Selhurst Park he proved he’s learned from that by winning 16 of an astonishing 26 duels, the most fought by any Premier League player this weekend. Providing he keeps putting in shifts like that i would pay the remianing 20 million for him. Forget about Austin its done and dusted!
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote:Before this thread goes even more crazy - trying to evaluate the lads £££££££ worth - can we just remind ourselves that Charlie Austin has scored 7 goals this season for Southampton and cost them all of 4 Million £'s.
But would he have scored any goals had he been playing for us this season and getting the kind of service our strikers have had to put up with?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote:
BlackDiamond wrote:Before this thread goes even more crazy - trying to evaluate the lads £££££££ worth - can we just remind ourselves that Charlie Austin has scored 7 goals this season for Southampton and cost them all of 4 Million £'s.
But would he have scored any goals had he been playing for us this season and getting the kind of service our strikers have had to put up with?
I see what you did there. So by that rationale,levelling the playing field so to speak. Are we suggesting that one Simone Zaza is worth six Charlie Austin's, regardless of which team they play for ?

bigfacemike

Post by bigfacemike »

BlackDiamond wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:
I see what you did there. So by that rationale,levelling the playing field so to speak. Are we suggesting that one Simone Zaza is worth six Charlie Austin's, regardless of which team they play for ?
1. Charlie Austin is a limited poacher. He doesn't offer the team much more than finishing ability. What's wrong with that? I hear you say. Nothing, as long as the team can carry that, and that role works best when played along with another striker. Southampton have Nathan Redmond along side him, who has looked excellent and puts in a shift. Bilic's teams just don't play like that. He likes a fulcrum striker that will bring in other players, which is why last season the goal scoring was well spread throughout the team. And it worked, we scored a lot of goals last season.
However, I am still not sure Zaza is that player, despite his improvement against Palace.

2. Charlie Austin is held together by a paper clip and some blue tack, and could fall apart at any moment. Hence the cheap price. He's not to be confused with his brother Steve, who is bionic and worth 6m Dollars.

Oziron
Director of Avatars

Post by Oziron »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Loved that show...

bigfacemike

Post by bigfacemike »

Oziron wrote:

Loved that show...
Me to. :D