Zaza

Chat about anything football related here!
CheikouTime

Simone Zaza

Post by CheikouTime »

I know I was initially optimistic when we first brought him in - but with all the reports of us looking to cancel Zaza's loan got me thinking... Were we ever going to make it permanent in the first place?

With Ayew getting injured minutes into his debut, our scattergun transfer dealings came back to bite us when Carlos Bacca dragged his heels, leaving the board pressed for time to push through the elusive '£20m striker'

I think DS flexed his Juve connections, forged through the purchase of Ogbonna and the opening friendly at the OS to say 'look we'll square you a bit of cash for one of your strikers, we'll dress it up as the big name striker'

Come January Ayew will be back and hopefully match fit (unless he sneaks off to the ACON) and Carroll should be back, the board will have the next window to right their wrongs... But again it is another example of doing things on the cheap and expecting us to lap it up.

palerider

Re: Simone Zaza

Post by palerider »

Personally I think Sullivan was experimenting with magic mushrooms.

He had a hallucinatory experience in which Simone Zaza was among the team holding the PL trophy aloft.

Coming down's a bummer.

nz1971

Post by nz1971 »

Alright he's not scored, alright he's not worth 24 mil
but from what I've seen his one touch football and his link up play is very good and given the time he would become a very decent prem striker but with this follow on price tag on his head he won't get the chance with us, shame because I think he could score some goals in the uk but to much of a risk for us

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

nz1971 wrote:Alright he's not scored, alright he's not worth 24 mil
but from what I've seen his one touch football and his link up play is very good and given the time he would become a very decent prem striker but with this follow on price tag on his head he won't get the chance with us, shame because I think he could score some goals in the uk but to much of a risk for us
Not sure I share such optimism. He's made slow VERY slow progress but much too slow to suggest that he will be a success.
The three games that i've been to and have watched him intently he looks slow and 1 second behind the play mentally.
I don't think there's a club in the Premier League that would give him AS much time as he may need (if he ever gets there).
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

nz1971

Post by nz1971 »

He's been playing in a very poorly performing west ham team I'm sure that if he was playing in a side with better service
he would look far better, this guy was a very good impact sub for juve last season

belfasthammer

Post by belfasthammer »

He has had a poor start but in very few games has he had a ball in front of him or put into space Service to him has been appalling Not worth the money but too many performing poorly in team to single him out

whu

Post by whu »

you can't factor in medium to long term injuries to both carroll and ayew.

it's as frustrating as fuck the current situation but does sully just go and spunk another load on another striker?
these boys are on big wages.
Fuck Off Sully, Brady, Moyes. Killing this club by death from a thousand cunts.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

ToneLoc wrote:
nz1971 wrote:Alright he's not scored, alright he's not worth 24 mil
Not sure I share such optimism. He's made slow VERY slow progress but much too slow to suggest that he will be a success.
The three games that i've been to and have watched him intently he looks slow and 1 second behind the play mentally.
I don't think there's a club in the Premier League that would give him AS much time as he may need (if he ever gets there).
TBH we are judging him when he has had to play with 10 other shit players. Hard to judge fairly. Will say though that he was one of our better players against Middlesboro.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Banned5

Post by Banned5 »

eskimo joe wrote:
ToneLoc wrote: Not sure I share such optimism. He's made slow VERY slow progress but much too slow to suggest that he will be a success.
TBH we are judging him when he has had to play with 10 other shit players.

This comment seems to be saying that no West ham player should be judged this season as they are playing with 10 other bad players every game. Personally, I feel whatever the performance of teammates a player should be judged on their own merits every game.

Hard to judge fairly.

From your previous statement it seems you can only judge a player fairly when the rest of the team play well. I feel a £24 million CF should be able to show 'something' against teams like Watford and Middlesboro whatever the form of his team mates but I appreciate everyone has their own opinion.

Will say though that he was one of our better players against Middlesboro

That is a matter of opinion and, from memory, I do not actually remember him threatening the goal let alone making the keeper work.

CheikouTime

Post by CheikouTime »

Just to clarify guys it wasn't so much a pop at the guy for not justifying the price tag! Obviously he needs more games to settle, but with the situation I think he is being put in he will not get the chance.

Merely a theory I have into why we brought him in and to a lesser extent, questioning the motives of our board on wanting to do everything cheaply...

I just reckon irregardless of his performance (unless he was the real deal!) I think the board will wash their hands of him come January, with the future fee tacked on to look like they were willing to splash the cash on him to appease the fans.