Struggling to get players

Chat about anything football related here!
thomasdown480

Struggling to get players

Post by thomasdown480 »

I know the window has only just opened but do you feel us not getting group stage of Europa league is making it harder for our chairmen to sell West Ham to players?

I also feel the Sullivan kids need to pipe down on Twitter or they need a good thrashing from mummy and daddy about club transfers on Twitter. Just embarrassing I don't know another club in same situation with all our targets known by any fuc*er!!!

DanDruff

Re: Struggling to get players

Post by DanDruff »

You've also got David Gold on Twitter, regularly putting his foot in the proverbial.

Does Karren Brady still have her weekly gossip column in the currant bun?

West Ham are a public relations nightmare!

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

thomasdown480 wrote:I know the window has only just opened but do you feel us not getting group stage of Europa league is making it harder for our chairmen to sell West Ham to players?

I also feel the Sullivan kids need to pipe down on Twitter or they need a good thrashing from mummy and daddy about club transfers on Twitter. Just embarrassing I don't know another club in same situation with all our targets known by any fuc*er!!!

As far as your first para is concerned Tom I think you're probably right .
As for the second , I believe young Jack only tweets denials , you should know your on there enough :) :lol:

I'm old enough to remember when it we got fuck all information .
Trust me , it's better now ;)
Bring back Jonathon !

Mikeveep

Post by Mikeveep »

Tom...I think this need for the glory of Europe may be a bit of a myth.

I think a huge salary, a manager they can trust, and location are bigger attractions to the majority of the quality players.

No evidence to go on...guess I'm just imagining myself in that position.

rajahirons

Post by rajahirons »

There are a couple of contributing factors to this.

It's still the start of the transfer window and I think any player would want to wait and see all his options. It must be noted that we are chasing some of the brightest European players outside of the top teams. We are not a traditional top 4 side which make signing any top player difficult.

The fact that there are two major tournaments happening makes any negotiating difficult.

It is also the first transfer window where everyone can spend big. I don't think anyone know how to value players in the current economic climate.

I don't think us proclaiming our targets helps either. Everyone is aware of all the rejected bids and this would surely inflate the prices and stall the negotiations. It gives more leverage to the seller knowing our desperation.

We must remember that we are not trying to sign like in the past a discarded Andy Carroll or Downing from Liverpool. Even our more recent success stories was due to Lanzini playing in Abu Dhabi, Kouyaté playing in the Belgium League, Payet was a player people thought would not cut it in a top team and Antonio made the step up out of the Championship with many doubting his talents.

The times have changed and we need to be a bit more patient to avoid signing the likes of Alassane Plea for 31m just to get an expensive marquee player.

thomasdown480

Post by thomasdown480 »

rajahirons wrote:There are a couple of contributing factors to this.

It's still the start of the transfer window and I think any player would want to wait and see all his options. It must be noted that we are chasing some of the brightest European players outside of the top teams. We are not a traditional top 4 side which make signing any top player difficult.

The fact that there are two major tournaments happening makes any negotiating difficult.

It is also the first transfer window where everyone can spend big. I don't think anyone know how to value players in the current economic climate.

I don't think us proclaiming our targets helps either. Everyone is aware of all the rejected bids and this would surely inflate the prices and stall the negotiations. It gives more leverage to the seller knowing our desperation.

We must remember that we are not trying to sign like in the past a discarded Andy Carroll or Downing from Liverpool. Even our more recent success stories was due to Lanzini playing in Abu Dhabi, Kouyaté playing in the Belgium League, Payet was a player people thought would not cut it in a top team and Antonio made the step up out of the Championship with many doubting his talents.

The times have changed and we need to be a bit more patient to avoid signing the likes of Alassane Plea for 31m just to get an expensive marquee player.
Outstanding, hit the nail on the head there dude. Agree with all of that goodpost:)

JustLikeMyDreams

Post by JustLikeMyDreams »

thomasdown480 wrote:I know the window has only just opened but do you feel us not getting group stage of Europa league is making it harder for our chairmen to sell West Ham to players?

You would hope Tom that they only tell us what they want us to know!And behind the scenes they are lining up players we was not expecting them to bid for.The forwards were being linked with,half of Europe are interested in.So iam hoping they have other targets/negotiations that we don't even know about going on in the background.

Mikeveep

Post by Mikeveep »

^^^

Think you're right.

It will be eight months August that it has been recognised that the overwhelming need has been for a striker.

They'll have it all sewn up I'm sure.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Don't think it makes the blindest TBH not getting to the group stage of the Europa.Most see it as the poor mans CL.

Who knows who we will get, maybe some of the rumoured targets or maybe some that have been kept hush hush.Sometimes ignorance is bliss.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

thomasswe

Post by thomasswe »

Tbh I think the owners apperances on social media is them wanting to show that they want to be involved and not just passive owners, as well as social media being a platform to get them closer to the fans. And i think it's a mix of both genuine interest and projecting an image.

As long as they make the correct decisions about what to post I'm all for this kind of approach.