Samuelsen ready?

Chat about anything football related here!
Vemmalvik

Samuelsen ready?

Post by Vemmalvik »

I've been watching Samuelsen on our national team. Fantastic skills, but is he yet a full footballplayer for West Ham? Maybe a short based loan to a Championship Club will do him good. I think he can be great, but only with the right coaching.

LewisGaffWHUFC

Re : Samuelsen ready?

Post by LewisGaffWHUFC »

i think he should be a first team squad rotation player and have a chance to fight for his place

Down under mick

Re: Samuelsen ready?

Post by Down under mick »

I would like to see him get some game time next season along with Burke and Oxford

FatPigIron

Post by FatPigIron »

I'm in the Barry Fry camp: Give him a season in the brusing Championship. Toughen him up for a year, then bring him back for 17-18, and it will be boom-time-Arizona!

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

Vemmalvik wrote:I've been watching Samuelsen on our national team. Fantastic skills, but is he yet a full footballplayer for West Ham? Maybe a short based loan to a Championship Club will do him good. I think he can be great, but only with the right coaching.

Welcome to the forum mate.

I assume from your post that you are Norwegian . . . . . . . what can you tell us about Nordtveit.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Well I look at it this way. Reece has been played a few times and been on the bench and he is only 17.

Samuelson has had a loan spell and appeared head and shoulders above the rest. This coming season we are in Europe, so for that reason alone we will need him.

I personally feel he should now be utilized and not farmed out. Use this bedding in season at our new site to adapt him further. He seems hungry and big enough to cope, so why not use him.

I know 16/17 season isn't going to be as this last one was so what is the harm in playing him. I think he would learn more now playing with us. Also he might get itchy feet.

If he's ready to play for Norway he's ready to play for us.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

thomasswe

Post by thomasswe »

eskimo joe wrote:Well I look at it this way. Reece has been played a few times and been on the bench and he is only 17.

Samuelson has had a loan spell and appeared head and shoulders above the rest. This coming season we are in Europe, so for that reason alone we will need him.

I personally feel he should now be utilized and not farmed out. Use this bedding in season at our new site to adapt him further. He seems hungry and big enough to cope, so why not use him.

I know 16/17 season isn't going to be as this last one was so what is the harm in playing him. I think he would learn more now playing with us. Also he might get itchy feet.

It's Norway though :lol: :D :lol: 8-) :mrgreen:

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

thomasswe wrote:
eskimo joe wrote:Well I look at it this way. Reece has been played a few times and been on the bench and he is only 17.

It's Norway though :lol: :D :lol: 8-) :mrgreen:

lol, I just knew someone was going to pipe up and say that.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Thailandkev

Post by Thailandkev »

I think youngsters like Samuelson will be needed at the start of the season for early rounds of Europa and league cup etc .
If I was Slav I would see how they get on in these games then if needed go out on loan after a few months

Vemmalvik

Post by Vemmalvik »

I look forward to see Nordtveit in Claret and Blue. He is maybe a kind of Carrick-type. If he manage to fit the Premier League game, he can continue his success from Bundesliga. As a norwegian West Ham fan, I allways hope good norwegian player can make you forget Carew????