Like it or loathe it

Chat about anything football related here!
Porterman

Like it or loathe it

Post by Porterman »

Not got the same " aversions" as some of my fellow Hammers ( due to being a simple Scotsman who just loves West Ham) but " the old opposition along the road" are looking as if they will be very much in the hunt for the Prem this season!!!

And fuck only knows what that Son is on but our players could do with some of it!!!

palerider

Re: Like it or loathe it

Post by palerider »

Porterman wrote:Not got the same " aversions" as some of my fellow Hammers ( due to being a simple Scotsman who just loves West Ham) but " the old opposition along the road" are looking as if they will be very much in the hunt for the Prem this season!!!

And fuck only knows what that Son is on but our players could do with some of it!!!
Indeed.

Koreans are so energetic. They're like duracell bunnies. We should get one.

If not, we should get our lot on the dog diet.

ryanguitarhammer

Post by ryanguitarhammer »

We've got to play them away in five games time. Fuck.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

They have a real football manager,who has a real talent for...well,football management. Not someone who is simply assumed to be a top football manager because the media have decided he is flavour of the summer...

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Son has a real incentive to keep performing too . It's called competition for places .
Carroll will walk back into our team and the hoofball will commence.
Bring back Jonathon !

Porterman

Post by Porterman »

BlackDiamond wrote:They have a real football manager,who has a real talent for...well,football management. Not someone who is simply assumed to be a top football manager because the media have decided he is flavour of the summer...
Good spot by Jaime Redknapp of Son and Lamela wrestling with each other for the ball to take the Pen.

" A show of confidence" from both or " one being an arse?!

Personally think it's the latter ( due to a penalty taker surely being identified beforehand) but no matter what ) garbage penalty aside) there's some energy, high pressing and athleticism about that side!!!

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

When I look at our lot yesterday, they seem so unfit by comparison. And don't get me started on Tore!
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Porterman

Post by Porterman »

Brookbonds73 wrote:When I look at our lot yesterday, they seem so unfit by comparison. And don't get me started on Tore!
Covering the ground from all areas of the pitch is pivitol in today's game from full backs supporting to forwards closing and harrying defenders immediately they take possession of the ball to stop building from the back.

We don't so enough of any of that....and that's before you consider our pretty static midfield !!!

A poor combination unfortunately!!!

Taansend

Post by Taansend »

palerider wrote:
Porterman wrote:Not got the same " aversions" as some of my fellow Hammers ( due to being a simple Scotsman who just loves West Ham) but " the old opposition along the road" are looking as if they will be very much in the hunt for the Prem this season!!!

Indeed.

Koreans are so energetic. They're like duracell bunnies. We should get one.

If not, we should get our lot on the dog diet.
If you eat processed meats then there's a bloody good chance you're eating dog, horse & whatever other unfortunate mammal they can get away with

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Like the OP I don't hate Spurs. "Hating" a football club seems a bit daft to me tbh---unless the football club happens to be some obnoxious quasi political bigoted entity like Celtic & Rangers.

That said I am very envious of the manner in which Spurs have been run off the field in my years as a football supporter. The way they have been run off it has enabled them to have enjoyed a much higher level of success on it than us. Pre Sky, when club's inconmes were turnstile driven, their revenue streams couldn't have been much different to ours.We both had similar ground capacities. Yet they used their revenue to far better effect.

Even when they had their financial problems in the mid 80's it took them a lot less time to resolve them and get back into the black than it took us following the collapse of the Icelandic economy. From an economic perspective I can understand why we can't compete with the likes of Man United and Liverpool. But we should have been able to keep up with our nearest neighbours if our club had been run in a manner more befitting a football club than a fucking hot dog stand.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?