Saying goodbye to Moyesie

Chat about anything football related here!
deanox

Re: Saying goodbye to Moyesie

Post by deanox »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 9:30 pm
HamstasParadise wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 7:35 pm What a mean spirited bunch of cunts.

I have at times been fed up with the backs to the wall defensive tactics, but he has done a very good job, where at the start of every April we have still been fighting for something positive, either league position or Europe or both. What really made me fed up were all the prior seasons of going into Easter in or around the bottom three, and he stopped all that, and brought us some good European nights that will live long in the memory and enabled the recruitment of good players like Paq, Kudus and Alvarez. We scored a decent number of goals and conceded plenty so it was never as boring as all that.

Time for a change, most certainly, I for one will certainly rise to applaud him after Saturday’s game.

I’ve just realised I may have risen to the bait of a load of tongue-in-cheek hate, and you all love him really.

This new bloke, if he comes, or whoever it is, had better be a step up, as I rather like the European nights.
I think you make a fair point. Yes the football and results , with the exception of Prague, have been fairly dire. However only a complete fool would deny the club enjoys a higher profile now than when Moyes arrived. And of course there is now a point in having a trophy cabinet again. But there’s already a load of negativity emerging. I’d have preferred Guardiola or Arteta but come on FFS let’s get real.

The key to next season is whether we can keep the key players at the club.
100% agree, I can name a few mangers we gave shit to including Harry, who played some good football and had some excellent players in his team. The problem was ... as usual the board sold all our crown jewels, even back in Bobbys day we were never a standout league team and had a good cup team.
I completely understand and for the most part agree with "thanks Dave now fuck off". I'm in my 60's and have seen a lot of games but this season I have even turned the TV off or just ignored some games. I bleed claret and blue and was a season ticket for many years back at Upton Park, travelled to Europe (btw all this bollox 40 something years, I was at Metz when we won the Intertoto, and if you were there you know what an excellent night that was, for those who don't know it was a way into Europe proper and there were two winners us and Juventus, so yes, this isn't the first time in 43 fucking years) but if success is watching that shit style of football, we have been served this year then fuck off Moyes.
IMO he royally cocked up when letting Benny, Pablo and Thilo go and brought in that useless ex Leeds cunt, so Thanks once again and don't let the door hit you on the back on the way out.
lets give the new manager a chance and if he's another greenwood then great but if he slips into the fat sam/Moyes shit football I don't even know if I can be arsed to watch.
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

frogiron3

Post by frogiron3 »

deanox wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 1:51 am

I think you make a fair point. Yes the football and results , with the exception of Prague, have been fairly dire. However only a complete fool would deny the club enjoys a higher profile now than when Moyes arrived. And of course there is now a point in having a trophy cabinet again. But there’s already a load of negativity emerging. I’d have preferred Guardiola or Arteta but come on FFS let’s get real.

100% agree, I can name a few mangers we gave shit to including Harry, who played some good football and had some excellent players in his team. The problem was ... as usual the board sold all our crown jewels, even back in Bobbys day we were never a standout league team and had a good cup team.
I completely understand and for the most part agree with "thanks Dave now fuck off". I'm in my 60's and have seen a lot of games but this season I have even turned the TV off or just ignored some games. I bleed claret and blue and was a season ticket for many years back at Upton Park, travelled to Europe (btw all this bollox 40 something years, I was at Metz when we won the Intertoto, and if you were there you know what an excellent night that was, for those who don't know it was a way into Europe proper and there were two winners us and Juventus, so yes, this isn't the first time in 43 fucking years) but if success is watching that shit style of football, we have been served this year then fuck off Moyes.
IMO he royally cocked up when letting Benny, Pablo and Thilo go and brought in that useless ex Leeds cunt, so Thanks once again and don't let the door hit you on the back on the way out.
lets give the new manager a chance and if he's another greenwood then great but if he slips into the fat sam/Moyes shit football I don't even know if I can be arsed to watch.
Absolutely spot on Deanox. 👍👍👍 The perfect post 👍👍👍

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

I’m appreciative of what we’ve accomplished under DM. I’ve been in a primarily depressed state since the post-Redknapp era, save for a short-lived period of excitement in our FA Cup final appearance, and Icelandic free-for-all spending. So to have a season or two of mixing it with traditional European heavyweights has been welcome.

But we’ve been on a sharp decline for a while now, and it’s time DM moved on.

I won’t be pissing on DM and his shortcomings (and he had quite a few), but it was in no one’s interest for him to continue.

I hope that there is no booing on the weekend, and at least a lukewarm applause.

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

OZHAMMER wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 6:29 am I’m appreciative of what we’ve accomplished under DM. I’ve been in a primarily depressed state since the post-Redknapp era, save for a short-lived period of excitement in our FA Cup final appearance, and Icelandic free-for-all spending. So to have a season or two of mixing it with traditional European heavyweights has been welcome.

But we’ve been on a sharp decline for a while now, and it’s time DM moved on.

I won’t be pissing on DM and his shortcomings (and he had quite a few), but it was in no one’s interest for him to continue.

I hope that there is no booing on the weekend, and at least a lukewarm applause.
Shouldn't be any booing at all. But that's easy to say from the northern suburbs of Hobart and not in the Billy Bonds stand if Luton roll us. We'll find out if the players have any respect for him that's for sure.
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Don't think he'll be from the same mould as Allardyce & Moyes tbh. He's Spanish which probably means he'll prefer the posession based style. But there's already people saying that style is boring. Probably the same crowd that think watching Man City is boring.

But you're right. The important thing is wait and see before spitting the dummy out. But for me the most important job this summer is rebuilding the squad. And trying to keep the key players and we all know who they are. Over to you Herr Steidten. There are people amongst our fan base who think you walk on water. Now's your chance to prove you're as good as your reputation. Viel gluck. I think working for the dwarf you'll need it.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 7:37 am
Don't think he'll be from the same mould as Allardyce & Moyes tbh. He's Spanish which probably means he'll prefer the posession based style. But there's already people saying that style is boring. Probably the same crowd that think watching Man City is boring.

But you're right. The important thing is wait and see before spitting the dummy out. But for me the most important job this summer is rebuilding the squad. And trying to keep the key players and we all know who they are. Over to you Herr Steidten. There are people amongst our fan base who think you walk on water. Now's your chance to prove you're as good as your reputation. Viel gluck. I think working for the dwarf you'll need it.
I googled but I still can't find Viel Gluck, who does he play for?

frogiron3

Post by frogiron3 »

David Who?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

tassiehammer wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 9:59 am
Whiskyman wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 7:37 am

An undiscovered gem my friend. He is the much sought after central defensive lynchpin of VfL Nutzlose-Wichter who play in the second division of the Baden-Wurttenberg Regional League. He is an uncomporomising , old fashioned central defender who works on the basic principle of if it moves kick it into Row Z, sharpish. He has been described by many respected followers of the game as the next Hayden Foxe. What's not to like ?

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 10:30 am
tassiehammer wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 9:59 am

An undiscovered gem my friend. He is the much sought after central defensive lynchpin of VfL Nutzlose-Wichter who play in the second division of the Baden-Wurttenberg Regional League. He is an uncomporomising , old fashioned central defender who works on the basic principle of if it moves kick it into Row Z, sharpish. He has been described by many respected followers of the game as the next Hayden Foxe. What's not to like ?
Not sure about the Hayden Fox bit but the rest sounds like me. They only went past me once :lol:

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

tassiehammer wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 10:34 am
Whiskyman wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 10:30 am

Not sure about the Hayden Fox bit but the rest sounds like me. They only went past me once :lol:
I'm sure you could emulate Foxe's legendary pissing into the flowers episode at the club's christmas bash bvack in the day. A signing from the Redknapp era to rival that of Jordan Hugill in more recent times. ;)

Btw according to Gary on one of his Claret & Booze podcasts we actually ended up making a profit on Hugill by farming him out on loan on a regular basis. Maybe we should stop playing football and concentrate on signing bang average journeymen footballers and hiring them out.