Saying goodbye to Moyesie

Chat about anything football related here!
Clayton

Re: Saying goodbye to Moyesie

Post by Clayton »

palerider wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 6:12 pm It's official. The cunt's going.

Praise the Lord.
Took long enough .

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave »

palerider

Post by palerider »

I've had offers but I was happy to wait until the right job came along, so I'm really pleased to accept the role of manager.

I've got lots of experience. Of all the managers the likes of me, I'd say I probably have one of the best records.

It's what I do. I win.

So I promise all of our supporters that Moysie's here. I aim to get Wick Academy up to League 3 as soon as possible.

But seriously.

Prague was great, especially for those who went and those who either can't remember or weren't born for our last trophy in 1980 which was a much bigger achievment btw.

So I'm not getting all gushy about Moyes leaving. He's trousered a shit load of money during his time with us. The way some of the cunts in the media are going on about lack of respect you'd think he'd done the job for nothing. And besides, it comes with the territory anyway. In many other jobs he'd have had his P45 months ago.

It's been mostly shit football with the sprinkling of a massive amount of luck, particularly this season. I won't boo him but forgive me if I fuck off before any 'lap of honour'.

I'll have a date with a pint of Carlsberg which is more important.

HamstasParadise

Post by HamstasParadise »

What a mean spirited bunch of cunts.

I have at times been fed up with the backs to the wall defensive tactics, but he has done a very good job, where at the start of every April we have still been fighting for something positive, either league position or Europe or both. What really made me fed up were all the prior seasons of going into Easter in or around the bottom three, and he stopped all that, and brought us some good European nights that will live long in the memory and enabled the recruitment of good players like Paq, Kudus and Alvarez. We scored a decent number of goals and conceded plenty so it was never as boring as all that.

Time for a change, most certainly, I for one will certainly rise to applaud him after Saturday’s game.

I’ve just realised I may have risen to the bait of a load of tongue-in-cheek hate, and you all love him really.

This new bloke, if he comes, or whoever it is, had better be a step up, as I rather like the European nights.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” (Mark Twain.)

palerider

Post by palerider »

HamstasParadise wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 7:35 pm What a mean spirited bunch of cunts.

I have at times been fed up with the backs to the wall defensive tactics, but he has done a very good job, where at the start of every April we have still been fighting for something positive, either league position or Europe or both. What really made me fed up were all the prior seasons of going into Easter in or around the bottom three, and he stopped all that, and brought us some good European nights that will live long in the memory and enabled the recruitment of good players like Paq, Kudus and Alvarez. We scored a decent number of goals and conceded plenty so it was never as boring as all that.

Time for a change, most certainly, I for one will certainly rise to applaud him after Saturday’s game.

I’ve just realised I may have risen to the bait of a load of tongue-in-cheek hate, and you all love him really.

This new bloke, if he comes, or whoever it is, had better be a step up, as I rather like the European nights.
Mean spirited ?

That was the nicest thing I've ever said about him :lol:

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

HamstasParadise wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 7:35 pm What a mean spirited bunch of cunts.

I think you make a fair point. Yes the football and results , with the exception of Prague, have been fairly dire. However only a complete fool would deny the club enjoys a higher profile now than when Moyes arrived. And of course there is now a point in having a trophy cabinet again. But there’s already a load of negativity emerging. I’d have preferred Guardiola or Arteta but come on FFS let’s get real.

The key to next season is whether we can keep the key players at the club.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

I may be mistaken but going into April last season were we not sitting in the relegation zone just one point off the bottom ......... so it wasn't that long ago... :D

HamstasParadise

Post by HamstasParadise »

Yes of course but the point is we were still in Europe at the beginning of April last year, the relegation fight at least wasn’t the be-all and end-all of our season.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” (Mark Twain.)

palerider

Post by palerider »

HamstasParadise wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 11:08 pm Yes of course but the point is we were still in Europe at the beginning of April last year, the relegation fight at least wasn’t the be-all and end-all of our season.
I get it, I do. But I suppose I'm old school.

Entertainment is everything to me. Would I prefer losing 4-3 in a thriller to a ground out 1-0 ?

Yes. Because if we played like that we'd often as not win the next one 4-3.

Moyes has sucked the fun out of it for me and I know I'm one of thousands who think the same. If it is Lopetegui he can't possibly be worse in that respect.

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

A loss at home to Luton and the farewell parade will be a funeral procession. Also a loss to Luton after the arsefucking by Chelsea and the players can fuck off with him.
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............