Chelsea vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Towie

Re: Chelsea vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Towie »

brookingslovechild wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 9:31 pm
Newmarket wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 6:21 pm

I have a question for you and it’s the same question I ask all Moyes apologists. Give me one good reason , apart from the 6th 7th 3 seasons in Europe and a trophy win bollocks that you lot always spout , why Moyes deserves to manage ANY club after the shite he has overseen in the last 2 and a half premier league seasons ?

Oh and for the record I don’t believe that your preferred scenario would be for shits or giggles .
Believe what you believe but always be brave enough to stand up for your opinion .
‘You lot’…..do you mean a West Ham fan ?
No moyes apologist and I love the Monty python analogy ‘ what have the romans ever given us’
3 seasons in Europe and a trophy…answered your own question fella. :D
All for change as it happens as moyes time is clearly done and the players seem to have downed tools.
How long we giving the next guy before ’you lot ‘ melt down when we get thumped by Liverpool or Utd or Chelsea. ?
yes I give him credit for the results achieved, but for performances, it a big fat zero from me.

I and other fans pay a lot of money to watch our team play and entertain, not watch cowardly negative tactics. surely even the armchairs supporters cannot have being entertained?

If he here next season, lump on for relegation because that aging squad has no desire to play for him anymore.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

tassiehammer wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 6:53 am
Whiskyman wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 1:00 am

Clearly the semi retirement lifestyle you enjoy has it's appeal. In fact it seems as if, Areola, Kudus and Bowen apart, most of the squad have already decided to follow your example. ;)
Most of the squad are nearly old enough.
True enough. And if the necessary summer recruitment doesn't go well-----------are your boots still in good nick ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 8:19 am
brookingslovechild wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 9:31 pm

‘You lot’…..do you mean a West Ham fan ?
No moyes apologist and I love the Monty python analogy ‘ what have the romans ever given us’
3 seasons in Europe and a trophy…answered your own question fella. :D
All for change as it happens as moyes time is clearly done and the players seem to have downed tools.
How long we giving the next guy before ’you lot ‘ melt down when we get thumped by Liverpool or Utd or Chelsea. ?
yes I give him credit for the results achieved, but for performances, it a big fat zero from me.

I and other fans pay a lot of money to watch our team play and entertain, not watch cowardly negative tactics. surely even the armchairs supporters cannot have being entertained?

If he here next season, lump on for relegation because that aging squad has no desire to play for him anymore.
I'm an armchair watched these days and, despite crap results and performances, still force myself to watch every bloody game. And you're right, entertainment over the last couple of seasons has been in short supply. And, let's be honest, apart from the Conference win so have results.

But I have to admit I enjoyed Moyes' first full season, the Lingard one. We still employed a basic low block tactic but we did have the ability to break fairly quickly and , being honest, I enjoyed what I was watching.

I guess the moral of that story is if the results are OK then the style of football is secondary. But once the results start going south the perfect storm arrives. Crap results and crap football. A toxic mix.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 9:21 am
tassiehammer wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 6:53 am
Most of the squad are nearly old enough.
True enough. And if the necessary summer recruitment doesn't go well-----------are your boots still in good nick ?
Adidas Santiago's. But they're black, are black boots allowed anymore? Could never get Puma's in my size.
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............