WHU as a Business

Chat about anything football related here!
frogiron3

Re: WHU as a Business

Post by frogiron3 »

Oh mate - tell me about it. Hair getting thinner. Waist getting fatter. And a lot of time now spent standing in the doorway I've just entered, staring off into the distance, before shouting to the wife "What did I come in here for again"? I shout at the telly more now, too. I think that may be a sign of getting old and more cantankerous. Or "maturity" as I like to call it. :lol:

To be honest, weather is all over the place here too. Been in south-west France 20 years now, and I have never seen so much rain.

As for wisdom - my wife would laugh like a drain at that. The older I get, the more she talks to me like I'm a naughty puppy. I'm such a good husband though, I like to piss on the carpet occasionally just to keep up the facade and make her feel justified. :lol: :lol:

Nice to see some of the old faces still here mate.

garnett wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 2:16 pm
frogiron3 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 12:08 pm

Hello Alf -Good to see you mate. Hope all is good with you
All good here in wet Bow a bit older balder and fatter.
Tbh the site has been struggling, you may just be the tonic to reignite it with your wisdom, which I'm afraid to say has been lacking somewhat.
I'm glad you're back.

palerider

Post by palerider »

frogiron3 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 6:20 pm Oh mate - tell me about it. Hair getting thinner. Waist getting fatter. And a lot of time now spent standing in the doorway I've just entered, staring off into the distance, before shouting to the wife "What did I come in here for again"? I shout at the telly more now, too. I think that may be a sign of getting old and more cantankerous. Or "maturity" as I like to call it. :lol:

To be honest, weather is all over the place here too. Been in south-west France 20 years now, and I have never seen so much rain.

As for wisdom - my wife would laugh like a drain at that. The older I get, the more she talks to me like I'm a naughty puppy. I'm such a good husband though, I like to piss on the carpet occasionally just to keep up the facade and make her feel justified. :lol: :lol:

garnett wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 2:16 pm

All good here in wet Bow a bit older balder and fatter.
Tbh the site has been struggling, you may just be the tonic to reignite it with your wisdom, which I'm afraid to say has been lacking somewhat.
I'm glad you're back.
Miraculously I still have the same waist size I did 40 years ago and the barnet's still there.

But I had covid just over a year ago and lost my taste. The quack said it would gradually return but if anything it's got worse.

Imagine. Not being able to enjoy a good ruby. With David Moyes managing your football team as the crowning turd in the water pipe.

If it wasn't for the dogging I'd consider throwing a seven.

frogiron3

Post by frogiron3 »

palerider wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:03 pm
frogiron3 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 6:20 pm Oh mate - tell me about it. Hair getting thinner. Waist getting fatter. And a lot of time now spent standing in the doorway I've just entered, staring off into the distance, before shouting to the wife "What did I come in here for again"? I shout at the telly more now, too. I think that may be a sign of getting old and more cantankerous. Or "maturity" as I like to call it. :lol:

Miraculously I still have the same waist size I did 40 years ago and the barnet's still there.

But I had covid just over a year ago and lost my taste. The quack said it would gradually return but if anything it's got worse.

Imagine. Not being able to enjoy a good ruby. With David Moyes managing your football team as the crowning turd in the water pipe.

Pale - Kind of depends what your waist size was 40 years ago :lol: :lol:

That's a real downer losing your taste though mate. That would drive me mental TBH.

I lost my taste for a while in the early 80s. Started shopping at the declasse end of Kings Road, buying Zoot Suits and enormously baggy trousers from Johnsons, slapping enormous gobs of gel in my hair and getting my ear pierced.

I got it back though, after catching my reflection in a mirror in Bo Jangles Nightclub in Stevenage. So you can recover.

:D :D :D

palerider

Post by palerider »

frogiron3 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:56 pm
palerider wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:03 pm

Pale - Kind of depends what your waist size was 40 years ago :lol: :lol:

That's a real downer losing your taste though mate. That would drive me mental TBH.

I lost my taste for a while in the early 80s. Started shopping at the declasse end of Kings Road, buying Zoot Suits and enormously baggy trousers from Johnsons, slapping enormous gobs of gel in my hair and getting my ear pierced.

I got it back though, after catching my reflection in a mirror in Bo Jangles Nightclub in Stevenage. So you can recover.

:D :D :D
🤣