David Moyes should be sacked

Chat about anything football related here!
frogiron3

Re: David Moyes should be sacked

Post by frogiron3 »

Hello -

My name is Brian. I am 52 and I live with my mother in a lovely retirement complex in Welwyn Garde City. After attending the University of Upper Thorax in Norfolk, I gained a 2:2 degree in risk amelioration and management. I have been a Health and safety Officer for a biro factory my entire working life.

I feel this qualifies me perfectly to express my fervent – well, not really fervent, more a slightly raised eyebrow and a slightly higher pitch monotone – view that David Moyes is the very best thing that has ever happened to West Ham United.

Remember the old days of working out how any games left, then trying to predict the results to see if the team would be relegated (again). Of getting to the third round of a club competition after humiliating and frustrating one of the top six, then getting knocked out by Tollpuddle-on-the-Marsh United?

Well, under “Swivel-Eye”, we have had the luxury of being able to sleep easy – often through entire fixtures. Safe in the knowledge that nothing dramatic would happen.

If there is any danger of perhaps being 4 goals down after 50 minutes, we can always rely on “Plug from The Bash Street Kids in a Track Suit” to take of two stikers and bring on a couple of defenders to shore up that valuable scoreline.

So, be careful what you wish for!

You may end up with a manager with flair. Or style. Or one who wants to (god forbid), bring some youth through.

No, no, no. Not for us.

Big lumps at the back. Don’t do anything that resembles flair – it could go wrong. And rest safe in the knowledge that you will avoid relegation. In your sleep.

It’s like being managed by the HSE.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

frogiron3 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 4:26 pm Hello -

My name is Brian. I am 52 and I live with my mother in a lovely retirement complex in Welwyn Garde City. After attending the University of Upper Thorax in Norfolk, I gained a 2:2 degree in risk amelioration and management. I have been a Health and safety Officer for a biro factory my entire working life.

I feel this qualifies me perfectly to express my fervent – well, not really fervent, more a slightly raised eyebrow and a slightly higher pitch monotone – view that David Moyes is the very best thing that has ever happened to West Ham United.

Remember the old days of working out how any games left, then trying to predict the results to see if the team would be relegated (again). Of getting to the third round of a club competition after humiliating and frustrating one of the top six, then getting knocked out by Tollpuddle-on-the-Marsh United?

Well, under “Swivel-Eye”, we have had the luxury of being able to sleep easy – often through entire fixtures. Safe in the knowledge that nothing dramatic would happen.

If there is any danger of perhaps being 4 goals down after 50 minutes, we can always rely on “Plug from The Bash Street Kids in a Track Suit” to take of two stikers and bring on a couple of defenders to shore up that valuable scoreline.

You may end up with a manager with flair. Or style. Or one who wants to (god forbid), bring some youth through.

No, no, no. Not for us.

Big lumps at the back. Don’t do anything that resembles flair – it could go wrong. And rest safe in the knowledge that you will avoid relegation. In your sleep.

Oi. Leave Welwyn Garden City out of this you rascal. I didn't even realise you knew Bryan (you will note it's spelt with a y) and I hope you haven't come on here to cast aspersions about his forthcoming appearance before our local magistrates over an unfortunate event arising from an incident involving himself, a local scout leader, and Tarquin, the president of the local cat's porotection league.

It's poor Bryan's, with a y, mother I feel most sorry for. She hasn't been the same since she found out that the collection of lacy, Coco de Mer lingerie she found in his bedroom closet did not, in fact,belong to a lady friend she thought he was having a liaison with, but were in fact the undergarments Bryan, with a y, wore himself on Tuesdays and Fridays, the nights he always met with the aforementioned scout leader and Tarquin the cat lover. I must say I think the police could have handled the collection of the undergarments more sensitively when they removed them from the premises, citing them as "vital evidence".
Last edited by Whiskyman on Thu May 02, 2024 5:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

palerider

Post by palerider »

No, no, no. Not for us.

:lol:

frogiron3

Post by frogiron3 »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 5:16 pm

No, no, no. Not for us.

Oi. Leave Welwyn Garden City out of this you rascal. I didn't even realise you knew Bryan (you will note it's spelt with a y) and I hope you haven't come on here to cast aspersions about his forthcoming appearance before our local magistrates over an unfortunate event arising from an incident involving himself, a local scout leader, and Tarquin, the president of the local cat's porotection league.

It's poor Bryan's, with a y, mother I feel most sorry for. She hasn't been the same since she found out that the collection of lacy, Coco de Mer lingerie she found in his bedroom closet did not, in fact,belong to a lady friend she thought he was having a liaison with, but were in fact the undergarments Bryan, with a y, wore himself on Tuesdays and Fridays, the nights he always met with the aforementioned scout leader and Tarquin the cat lover. I must say I think the police could have handled the collection of the undergarments more sensitively when they removed them from the premises, citing them as "vital evidence".
I was referring to Parkway rather than Panshanger old chap. Us old hands refuse to accept Panshanger as part of the town.

My first job - Welwyn Department Store when it was a place for genteel ladies in Barbour coats and Hunter Wellies to order Gentleman's Relish from the Food Hall. In those days, my experience of the town was as a place to work, and a place where I was chased from the Cherry Tree after being a tad over gobby. I also got chased from the Beehive for the same reasons. And one night spent about half an hour hiding before recovering my car and legging it after a little tete a tete with some chaps in the club that used to operate in the lesiure facility by the white bridge near the college (forget its name). After that I tended to stick to Stevenage for health reasons. WGC does not hold a warm pace on my heart :lol: :lol:

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

frogiron3 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 7:01 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 5:16 pm

I was referring to Parkway rather than Panshanger old chap. Us old hands refuse to accept Panshanger as part of the town.

My first job - Welwyn Department Store when it was a place for genteel ladies in Barbour coats and Hunter Wellies to order Gentleman's Relish from the Food Hall. In those days, my experience of the town was as a place to work, and a place where I was chased from the Cherry Tree after being a tad over gobby. I also got chased from the Beehive for the same reasons. And one night spent about half an hour hiding before recovering my car and legging it after a little tete a tete with some chaps in the club that used to operate in the lesiure facility by the white bridge near the college (forget its name). After that I tended to stick to Stevenage for health reasons. WGC does not hold a warm pace on my heart :lol: :lol:
Memory Lane indeed. Welwyn Department Store is now never knowingly undersold, The Cherry Tree is no longer the go to place for the area.s narcotics aficionados and is now a Waitrose supermarket and The Beehive has been closed for around 5 years now.

The white bridge near the college is still there and known locally as the white bridge near the college. As for Panshanger we West sidersqq tend not to mention it in polite conversation. We miss having our own international air hub there. The airfield closed down about 4 years back.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

frogiron3

Post by frogiron3 »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 9:46 pm
frogiron3 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 7:01 pm

Memory Lane indeed. Welwyn Department Store is now never knowingly undersold, The Cherry Tree is no longer the go to place for the area.s narcotics aficionados and is now a Waitrose supermarket and The Beehive has been closed for around 5 years now.

The white bridge near the college is still there and known locally as the white bridge near the college. As for Panshanger we West sidersqq tend not to mention it in polite conversation. We miss having our own international air hub there. The airfield closed down about 4 years back.

Campus West - that was the name of the club. Probably before your time. Not the warmest of welcomes there for a stevenage boy :lol: :lol:

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Where's Terry?
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

Clayton wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 9:29 am According to The Guardian's Jacob Steinberg West Ham have spoken with ex Bayern Munich and German manager Hansi Flick who has been without a job since Sept 2023 .

https://www.footballfancast.com/west-ha ... nsi-flick/
Flick would be a laugh ..
Count me in

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

normannomates wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 1:08 am
Clayton wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 9:29 am According to The Guardian's Jacob Steinberg West Ham have spoken with ex Bayern Munich and German manager Hansi Flick who has been without a job since Sept 2023 .

https://www.footballfancast.com/west-ha ... nsi-flick/
Flick would be a laugh ..
Count me in
Herr Flick might be good for a laugh but I'd rather go for Helga :twisted:
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

David Moyes is our greatest ever manager and Aston villa losing at home to the bubbles proves it .

Give him a 20 yr contract and all say on transfers ..it's the only way forward.
We cannot risk losing dave to Wrexham