West Ham vs Bayer Leverkusen Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

West Ham vs Bayer Leverkusen Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

A massive game this Thursday whether West Ham can over-come a 2-0 deficit to beat an in-form team, Bayer Leverkusen but our squad is no where as strong as them and hope with Tim Steidten with us now, to make our squad to reach Bayer Leverkusen's level in a couple of years time but need a new head coach that Tim will enjoy working with as he did with his previous club. Anyroad, question is, will this match an important one or a pointless one as we are knowingly we are 99% eliminated and we got Crystal Palace game on Sunday which we need to win to keep top 8 alive. Paqueta and Emerson are suspended so they will be fresh for the Palace game. Not sure if Bowen will be back but probably not. Mavropanos is injured and unlikely to feature and Zouma will return as captain. I do hope Moyes will make 5 subs during the 60th minutes to give some top players a rest for the Palace game, NOT waiting until after 85 minutes.

Squad:

Fabianski

Coufal
Zouma
Aguerd
Cresswell

Soucek
Alvarez

Kudus
JWP
Cornet

Antonio

This is the most likely line-up and Cornet need a game time with Paqueta and Emerson OUT, Bowen not back yet. Hope we will give a good performance.

COYI!!!!
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

JayK

Re: West Ham vs Bayer Leverkusen Official Match Thread

Post by JayK »

Moyes who doesn’t play the kids put a kid on today ahead of cornet. Therefore I think if the tea lady is available for selection she would also get game time before cornet.

Leverkusen won 5-0 today to win the bundesliga. They ain’t losing this one.

Palace beat Liverpool today, I’m struggling to see where we’re gonna get anymore points from.
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

JayK wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:03 pm Moyes who doesn’t play the kids put a kid on today ahead of cornet. Therefore I think if the tea lady is available for selection she would also get game time before cornet.

Palace beat Liverpool today, I’m struggling to see where we’re gonna get anymore points from.
Doesn’t matter anymore. The rest of the season should be used to have a good look at some of the young prospects to see how they react to fitst team football.

Had we won today we might just have still had a shout of qualifying but that’s out of the question now so ffs use the opportunity. To assess the potential in the ranks to see who might have enough to step up.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Towie

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:17 pm
JayK wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:03 pm Moyes who doesn’t play the kids put a kid on today ahead of cornet. Therefore I think if the tea lady is available for selection she would also get game time before cornet.

Doesn’t matter anymore. The rest of the season should be used to have a good look at some of the young prospects to see how they react to fitst team football.

Had we won today we might just have still had a shout of qualifying but that’s out of the question now so ffs use the opportunity. To assess the potential in the ranks to see who might have enough to step up.
It has been gone since January, our first half season form has made our season respectable.
Since turn of year 4 wins in 19 games, winning is not what he does.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

JayK

Post by JayK »

But he won’t. He’ll still flog the same players til the end
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

JayK wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:05 am

You're probably right. But that would be utterly stupid and a complete wasted opportunity to look and see how the kids react to first team football.

How up for it would a kid be for an outing against Liverpool or City FFS.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

JayK

Post by JayK »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:46 am
JayK wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:05 am

You're probably right. But that would be utterly stupid and a complete wasted opportunity to look and see how the kids react to first team football.

How up for it would a kid be for an outing against Liverpool or City FFS.
You’ve described him perfectly
COYI!!!

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

3-0 to us, and a footballing masterclass.

Can’t wait.

palerider

Post by palerider »

OZHAMMER wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:55 am 3-0 to us, and a footballing masterclass.

Can’t wait.
Agreed.

Moyes will summon that Bannockburn spirit, grab glory from the gaping jaws of adversity and I'll be put on stronger medication.

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

palerider wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:01 am
OZHAMMER wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:55 am 3-0 to us, and a footballing masterclass.

Can’t wait.
Agreed.

Moyes will summon that Bannockburn spirit, grab glory from the gaping jaws of adversity and I'll be put on stronger medication.
Let’s hope so… on all accounts :lol: