West Ham vs Bayer Leverkusen Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
eskimo joe

Re: West Ham vs Bayer Leverkusen Official Match Thread

Post by eskimo joe »

brookingslovechild wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:13 am
Towie wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:56 am If only the Moyesasauras would play that way every game.

Atmosphere was electric last night, due to the attacking intent of the team, and the early goal really helped as well.

Shame 2nd half Ref decided to ruin the game, and Leverkusen used it to their advantage to slow everything down.

If he did this attacking intent every game the atmosphere wouldn’t be so sterile on PL match days.
watched on the box and defo the best atmosphere this season, place was rocking.
would love to see the 1st half every week, problem being we'd also see the 2nd half when half of them were running on empty trying to keep up that level of pressing. Would give a special mention to JWP (although i wanted him subbed) and alvarez who had to be subbed as he was gone in the last 20 mins. both worked their bollox off. Ref wasn't great but cant take away from BL finding a way to protect their record.
We missed a proper play maker and alvarez hitting aimless passes and koudos running down blind alleys weren't the answer.
think the season is toast tbh and its going to be an interesting summer. If they keep moyes they alienate half the fanbase and if they dont get another in early its a summer wasted without new players and time for a new man to make his mark.
At least we didnt go out with a wimper, shame about the bench though, could have made the difference. Wasn' t expecting an emphatic win to see us through but was hoping that we could at least have brought their non losing streak to an end.

Think many of us realised, or at least came to the conclusion, that the season for us is now over. I doubt Moyes would agree though so will stick to his seasons master plan. Go for broke i say, nothing to lose and more to gain.

Let us see what wonders next season will bring.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

I think the players superb effort and the fans getting behind them ..(a lot of old school turned out)...is what it's all about.
Moyes..The Board ... and all the other shit is for another day

Proud of the boys and the fans...like the old days

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

normannomates wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:20 pm I think the players superb effort and the fans getting behind them ..(a lot of old school turned out)...is what it's all about.
Moyes..The Board ... and all the other shit is for another day

Proud of the boys and the fans...like the old days
Yep agree with that Norman old son
The atmosphere was tremendous.
The officials were fucking atrocious.