West Ham vs Bayer Leverkusen Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
JayK

Re: West Ham vs Bayer Leverkusen Official Match Thread

Post by JayK »

OZHAMMER wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:06 am
palerider wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:01 am

Agreed.

Moyes will summon that Bannockburn spirit, grab glory from the gaping jaws of adversity and I'll be put on stronger medication.
Let’s hope so… on all accounts :lol:
:lol:
COYI!!!

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:17 pm
JayK wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:03 pm Moyes who doesn’t play the kids put a kid on today ahead of cornet. Therefore I think if the tea lady is available for selection she would also get game time before cornet.

Leverkusen won 5-0 today to win the bundesliga. They ain’t losing this one.

Palace beat Liverpool today, I’m struggling to see where we’re gonna get anymore points from.
Doesn’t matter anymore. The rest of the season should be used to have a good look at some of the young prospects to see how they react to fitst team football.

Had we won today we might just have still had a shout of qualifying but that’s out of the question now so ffs use the opportunity. To assess the potential in the ranks to see who might have enough to step up.
Really not sure how throwing the youngsters in now will show us how they will react to first team football , especially with the Bannockburn skirt wearer eye balling them . Anyway we all know Moyes will never play the youngsters , he will have them sitting on the bench gaining experience.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Clayton wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:43 am
Whiskyman wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:17 pm

Doesn’t matter anymore. The rest of the season should be used to have a good look at some of the young prospects to see how they react to fitst team football.

Had we won today we might just have still had a shout of qualifying but that’s out of the question now so ffs use the opportunity. To assess the potential in the ranks to see who might have enough to step up.
Really not sure how throwing the youngsters in now will show us how they will react to first team football , especially with the Bannockburn skirt wearer eye balling them . Anyway we all know Moyes will never play the youngsters , he will have them sitting on the bench gaining experience.
I'm not suggesting throwing them in en masse. But giving some of the better ones a run out against decent opposition would enable the coaching staff, although I do of course realise that when Moyes goes many if not all of them will go as well, the opportunity to assess their ability , attitude and maybe strength of character againstb better players. At the moment they are playing at a level which is obviously far too easy for them. It may well be that some of them can move up into the first team reckoning for next season. If we don't try to find out it will be an opportunity missed imo.

And from a purely personal perspective, and I suspect many other fans, it would give some point to watching otherwise "dead" games with nothing at stake for the club.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:02 am
Clayton wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:43 am
I'm not suggesting throwing them in en masse. But giving some of the better ones a run out against decent opposition would enable the coaching staff, although I do of course realise that when Moyes goes many if not all of them will go as well, the opportunity to assess their ability , attitude and maybe strength of character againstb better players. At the moment they are playing at a level which is obviously far too easy for them. It may well be that some of them can move up into the first team reckoning for next season. If we don't try to find out it will be an opportunity missed imo.

And from a purely personal perspective, and I suspect many other fans, it would give some point to watching otherwise "dead" games with nothing at stake for the club.
Totally agree , but its just not going to happen .

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Clayton wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:05 am
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:02 am

Totally agree , but its just not going to happen .
I agree. Which is exactly why I said "should" and not "will".

Bondsobob

Post by Bondsobob »

Does anyone think Minty McFuckwit might go after the Leverkusen game if we get badly beaten?

palerider

Post by palerider »

Bondsobob wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:44 pm Does anyone think Minty McFuckwit might go after the Leverkusen game if we get badly beaten?
Sadly no. He'll cling on, drawing his wages until his contract runs out.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Bondsobob wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:44 pm Does anyone think Minty McFuckwit might go after the Leverkusen game if we get badly beaten?
It wouldn't surprise me. I think the odds are against it though.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Should but won’t he’ll continue to remind us he won a fucking trophy and winnings what he does despite us playing fucking boring shit football nigh on constantly

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:24 pm
Should but won’t he’ll continue to remind us he won a fucking trophy and winnings what he does despite us playing fucking boring shit football nigh on constantly
Well Dave has better job offer lined up anyway..so hopefully it's true