What players do you want to see IN and OUT in the summer transfer window?

Chat about anything football related here!
Watcher

What players do you want to see IN and OUT in the summer transfer window?

Post by Watcher »

Its that time of the year

Preperations are important

So what changes to the squad would you make?

whufc_crest

Ibbyham

Re: What players do you want to see IN and OUT in the summer transfer window?

Post by Ibbyham »

Need a lot of changes from top to bottom.

GK: Fabianski will be in pipe and slipper so need a new GK as back-up to Areola.

LB: Emerson will be 31 this summer, Cresswell leaving so need a left back
RB: Coufal will be 32 and loss of form time to time, Johnson leaving so need a new right back.
Dc: Zouma never 100% fit due to injury prone, Ogbonna in pipe and slipper, Aguerd is crap SO need 3 Central Defenders. Mavropanos is ok as back-up.

DM: Phillips going back to parent club, so need a new DM to partner Alvarez with Soucek and JWP as back-up.

AMC - Paqueta leaving to Man City so need new AMC x 1 as Fornals left and Benrahma will leave this summer.
AMR: Bowen so need back-up
AML: Need new AML with Cornet as back-up, or if Cornet leave, then 2 AML.

Striker: Antonio reaching 35 and will probably go. Ings may go as well so need 2 strikers.

Hope Steidtner will make our squad as strong as he did with Bayer Levekusen.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

The problem is though who will be our manager. As far as i am concerned we got some squad packers who are a total waste of space in the most part. There to make a crap bench look less crap.

If it were i i would get rid of, Cresswell, Aguerd, Zouma, Antonio,Ogbonna, Ings, Cornet. JWP. Woulnt sign Phillips on a temp or even a permanent. Keeper is last of my worries. Thats it for the now. The others can wait till January.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

palerider

Post by palerider »

Massive overhaul needed but with an eye on keeping within the home-grown limit. Steidten has his work cut out but I trust him more than if it was Moyes doing it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Ibbyham wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:56 pm Need a lot of changes from top to bottom.

GK: Fabianski will be in pipe and slipper so need a new GK as back-up to Areola.

RB: Coufal will be 32 and loss of form time to time, Johnson leaving so need a new right back.
Dc: Zouma never 100% fit due to injury prone, Ogbonna in pipe and slipper, Aguerd is crap SO need 3 Central Defenders. Mavropanos is ok as back-up.

DM: Phillips going back to parent club, so need a new DM to partner Alvarez with Soucek and JWP as back-up.

AMC - Paqueta leaving to Man City so need new AMC x 1 as Fornals left and Benrahma will leave this summer.

Striker: Antonio reaching 35 and will probably go. Ings may go as well so need 2 strikers.

I think you've pretty much nailed the "outs" but I'd add Cornet (and Ings) to the list of people who will probably have got pissed off waiting for a chance of a game. What we've also got to consider is the possibility that the likes of Alvarez, Kudus and Boiwen could staret attracting interest from clubs who can offer them European football again next season. Downes I guess might come back from his loan which, imo, would be a good addition because he also ticks the home grown box. For the same reason we should make serious attempts to keep Johnson on board imo.

I'd be happy with the goalkeeping situation for one more season but I think there's a good chance Hegyi will come back from his loan in Holland and replace Anang as third choice. He was on loan at Stevenage who are very local to me and I knbow for sure that, although he didn't get muchg first team action while on loan there ( difficult for a keeper) he impressed everyone with his attitude and personality.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:54 pm
Ibbyham wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:56 pm Need a lot of changes from top to bottom.

I think you've pretty much nailed the "outs" but I'd add Cornet (and Ings) to the list of people who will probably have got pissed off waiting for a chance of a game. What we've also got to consider is the possibility that the likes of Alvarez, Kudus and Boiwen could staret attracting interest from clubs who can offer them European football again next season. Downes I guess might come back from his loan which, imo, would be a good addition because he also ticks the home grown box. For the same reason we should make serious attempts to keep Johnson on board imo.

I'd be happy with the goalkeeping situation for one more season but I think there's a good chance Hegyi will come back from his loan in Holland and replace Anang as third choice. He was on loan at Stevenage who are very local to me and I knbow for sure that, although he didn't get muchg first team action while on loan there ( difficult for a keeper) he impressed everyone with his attitude and personality.
Totally agreed what you saying and regarding Ben Johnson, it is all depend if Moyes stay, Johnson is likely to leave but hope the board will offer him a good contract as he is a very good full -back player and I would love to keep him at West Ham. I think he has already made up his mind and likely to leave which is a big blow unless a good offer contract from our board that could changed his mind but it is unlikely.

Going to be a very busy summer and the next 2 to 3 years as Steidtner will start his hard work now.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Antonio and JWP gonski replaced with Haaland and Foden.
Catkicker too slow replace with Virgil van dicky.
Vlad, love him but getting on a bit, replace with Trent Alexander.
Get the cheque book out Sully.
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

palerider

Post by palerider »

Assuming Pacman's off and with what we're rumoured to have already that's about 200m to rebuild an entire team while staying within PSR rules. The Rice money came after June 30th which really helps.

So 5/6 astute, oven ready signings who fit nicely in to the new manager's philosophy plus a marquee forward, whoever that is.

And without the burden of Thursday/ Sunday games draining an ageing squad, Champions League here we come.

Piece of piss.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

The problem is that instead of a complete squad overhaul which Sullivan wouldn’t finance even if he could , we’ll end up with a couple of Steidten picks to improve the starting eleven and give extensions to players that were past their sell by date 2/3 years ago anyway .

Yer Cresswells and Ogbonnas etc cos it’s cheaper plus a few aging British journeymen to satisfy the home grown quarter.

And that’s if the narcissistic cunt gets a new contract.
A different , head coach , with different ideas will have a hard time getting a tune out of this current SQUAD.

That’s why I think Sullivan will plump for a Mourinho or Benitez .
A 20th century manager with 20th century methods that will be more comfortable with some of the dross that Moyes has spent half a billion on.
Bring back Jonathon !

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

Who we get should depend on who the manager is.

Moyes is defensive first and foremost, so it's mind-boggling that our defence is so appalling.

If he stays, we need to upgrade our CBs. Dawson would've done a better job than this current lot. At times, it's been calamitous. I've got no issue with our fullbacks except for their age, and by the end of next season, I'd expect them to be cover for a new pair.

And as much as everyone has tried to jump on MusoMan's epiphany (that Aguerd should be a DM) and claim it as their own, I can't really see it happening. I'd love to see it though, even if only out of idle curiosity.

Our midfield isn't that bad, but we'll definitely need two to replace Paquetá and Cornet.

I would hardly bother with a striker. We haven't had one for donkey's, and it wouldn't be utilised productively anyway.

OUT: Ogbonna, Paqueta, Cornet, Ings, Phillips, Cresswell. I'm guessing there's 500K in wages freed up just there.

IN: Fuck knows.