What players do you want to see IN and OUT in the summer transfer window?

Chat about anything football related here!

Re: What players do you want to see IN and OUT in the summer transfer window?

Post by 9898 »

JayK wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:49 am Coufal, Johnson, Antonio, Cresswell and Ogbonna contracts run out in the summer and won’t be renewed.

Need:
2x RB’s
2x Strikers
LB
LW
DM (back up) unless we keep Downes
GK (back up)

I’d also go as far as to say we need 4 new CB’s coz what we have is shit, crocked or too old now.
Bit of delusion there.
Think all the players you state contracts won't be renewed will still be here next season.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

JayK

Post by JayK »

Newmarket wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:28 pm
JayK wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:49 am Coufal, Johnson, Antonio, Cresswell and Ogbonna contracts run out in the summer and won’t be renewed.

Need:
2x RB’s
2x Strikers
LB
LW
GK (back up)

I’d also go as far as to say we need 4 new CB’s coz what we have is shit, crocked or too old now.
As I said to Oz earlier in the thread I’m betting Fabianski Ogbonna Antonio and Coufal will all be here next season and , if by some miracle , Moyes remains then Cresswell probably will be too.
This is some rebuild that has to be done in the summer , a rebuild way beyond what Sullivan will be prepared to finance .
I hope im wrong but I doubt it very much .

And to me it all adds up to the arrival of a Mourinho a Conte or a Benitez with a couple of marquee (to Sully) signings to sweeten up the supporters .
Transforming this squad into one capable of playing decent football is just a bridge too far imo
I’m not so sure Tim. Coufal ain’t signing for starters, Oggy don’t really get game time now, Cresswell was apparently fuming at not being allowed to leave in the summer, I think Antonio knows he ain’t got the energy for moyesball anymore and Fabianski wasn’t happy start of the season the way he lost his position as number 1 keeper. What I do believe is the next manager most likely would be Benitez if Sully could convince him to come. Also agree investors would be the only way we could bankroll a squad transformation.
COYI!!!

JayK

Post by JayK »

9898 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:55 pm

Need:
2x RB’s
2x Strikers
LB
LW
GK (back up)

Bit of delusion there.
Think all the players you state contracts won't be renewed will still be here next season.
Well Coufal and Johnson are refusing to sign currently. Not delusion just facts as it stands regards those 2
COYI!!!

Post by 9898 »

JayK wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:01 pm
9898 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:55 pm

Bit of delusion there.
Well Coufal and Johnson are refusing to sign currently. Not delusion just facts as it stands regards those 2
OK, I didn't realise that players have to sign a new contract a month before the season ends for it be be valid the following season. Apologies for my ignorance

JayK

Post by JayK »

9898 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:13 pm
JayK wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:01 pm

OK, I didn't realise that players have to sign a new contract a month before the season ends for it be be valid the following season. Apologies for my ignorance
So funny
COYI!!!

Post by 9898 »

JayK wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:34 pm
9898 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:13 pm

So funny
Not trying to be funny, just pointing out the ludicrousness of your other post. Very common for players to wait until the final moments to sign a contract in the hope of getting a better deal.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Need:
2x RB’s
2x Strikers
LB
LW
GK (back up)

As I said to Oz earlier in the thread I’m betting Fabianski Ogbonna Antonio and Coufal will all be here next season and , if by some miracle , Moyes remains then Cresswell probably will be too.
This is some rebuild that has to be done in the summer , a rebuild way beyond what Sullivan will be prepared to finance .

And to me it all adds up to the arrival of a Mourinho a Conte or a Benitez with a couple of marquee (to Sully) signings to sweeten up the supporters .
Transforming this squad into one capable of playing decent football is just a bridge too far imo
Well Fabianski, Coufal and Antonio certainly will be because they are all contracted until 2025. Cresswell wanted out at the end of last season didn't he ? So I guess he'll be off. Not sure about Ogbonna. Sad state of affairs but for me he's still our best CD after Zouma which, bearing in mind he's 36 in May, is a sorry state of affairs, particularly as Zouma is never going to be close to 100% fit.

Restructuring the squad is, as you say, a mammoth task and something that is not going to be achieved in a couple of transfer windows imo,. Which is why I think it's imperative we introduce asome of the better U21 squad into the first team to see some PL action in order to properly assess them. I am even inclined to say do it in the Leverkusen match which I think has gone, but maybe that would be seen as an admission of defeat and wouldn't go down well.

Big worry for me is that when Terzic, or whoever, comes in he won't be given time by the fan base who will, as fans of all clubs always do, demand iunstant results.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

JayK

Post by JayK »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:13 pm

Well Fabianski, Coufal and Antonio certainly will be because they are all contracted until 2025. Cresswell wanted out at the end of last season didn't he ? So I guess he'll be off. Not sure about Ogbonna. Sad state of affairs but for me he's still our best CD after Zouma which, bearing in mind he's 36 in May, is a sorry state of affairs, particularly as Zouma is never going to be close to 100% fit.

Restructuring the squad is, as you say, a mammoth task and something that is not going to be achieved in a couple of transfer windows imo,. Which is why I think it's imperative we introduce asome of the better U21 squad into the first team to see some PL action in order to properly assess them. I am even inclined to say do it in the Leverkusen match which I think has gone, but maybe that would be seen as an admission of defeat and wouldn't go down well.

Big worry for me is that when Terzic, or whoever, comes in he won't be given time by the fan base who will, as fans of all clubs always do, demand iunstant results.
Transfermarkt said Coufal and Antonio’s contracts run out June this year
COYI!!!

JayK

Post by JayK »

9898 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:40 pm
JayK wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:34 pm

So funny
Not trying to be funny, just pointing out the ludicrousness of your other post. Very common for players to wait until the final moments to sign a contract in the hope of getting a better deal.
We’ll have to wait and see won’t we
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

JayK wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:11 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:13 pm

Transfermarkt said Coufal and Antonio’s contracts run out June this year
True, but the club has an option to extend them both by 1 year. I think they've already done that with Coufal.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?