West Ham vs Fulham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

West Ham vs Fulham Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

After our match at Bayer Leverkusen which we lost 2-0 late as we defended very well, Moyes will welcome back Alvarez and expected a few changes as our players will be absolutely knackered and hard to see a lot of changes as our squad is too small and that Moyes to blame for not getting some good back-up players. Hopefully after 2 to 3 years with Tim Steidtner in charge of recruitment players, will make our squad strength in depth stronger. Anyroad, back to this match, this is a must-win match as we need to keep top 8 alive as we got tough games coming up to the end. Hope to have Areola back but not sure if he is fit to play and I don't think Bowen will be back but a very small chance. Moyes should give couple of our youth a run in this match like Earthy and Orford.

Squad:

Fabianski

Coufal
Mavropanos
Ogbonna (C)
Emerson

Soucek
Alvarez

Kudus
JWP
Paqueta

Ings

I am fully expected Antonio to be on the sub-bench unless if he is 100% fit and not showing any fatigue. Hope to see Bowen back but a very small chance. Fulham are a very tricky side as they are tough to beat and beat us 5-0 when we came back from Europa Cup so I don't want a repeat. We need to be attacking offensive for this match, don't invite them and NO SLOW START!!!!

Result Probable:

West Ham win: 30%
Draw 40%
Fulham win: 30%

This is largely cos we are so knackered after Bayer Leverkusen game and Moyes made late subs with just 5 mins plus stoppage times.
COYI!!!!
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

andyginbrasil

Re: West Ham vs Fulham Official Match Thread

Post by andyginbrasil »

Not looking forward to this one

Beaten 5-0 last time we met......Because squad rotation is not in the Moyes dictionary .....we will either have to throw this one to give the players a break before the second leg on Thursday......or throw the Thursday game.
Only Newcastle can pass us if we loose, and they win or draw...
Luckily for us there are 3 teams below us who have been under achieving, and have had the opportunity of passing us, but failed to perform.
I have often thought this season, are we sat in 7th place ( and don't get me wrong i`m thrilled about it ) purely on merit or is it just a stroke of luck?
We certainly haven´t over achieved ........but I will save my thoughts until the end of the season.
My feelings on this game is we should throw it and concentrate on clawing that 2 goal depict back on Thursday.
It will be a bitter pill for Moyes to swallow.....but there is no way he´s going to win both

But not 5-0 please

palerider

Post by palerider »

andyginbrasil wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:34 am Not looking forward to this one

Beaten 5-0 last time we met......Because squad rotation is not in the Moyes dictionary .....we will either have to throw this one to give the players a break before the second leg on Thursday......or throw the Thursday game.
Luckily for us there are 3 teams below us who have been under achieving, and have had the opportunity of passing us, but failed to perform.
I have often thought this season, are we sat in 7th place ( and don't get me wrong i`m thrilled about it ) purely on merit or is it just a stroke of luck?
We certainly haven´t over achieved ........but I will save my thoughts until the end of the season.
My feelings on this game is we should throw it and concentrate on clawing that 2 goal depict back on Thursday.
It will be a bitter pill for Moyes to swallow.....but there is no way he´s going to win both

But not 5-0 please
The Scotch cunt's stuck between a rock and a hard place. I think he'll throw the game as it gives him an excuse. He loves excuses, never ever his fault.

'I've given you three years in Europe and my job is to give you a 4th'.

Then the excuses about going out of Europe will be down to injuries and suspensions. And woe betide any female interviewer who questions why he threw the Fulham game.

He's fucking Braveheart against them. But has a yellow streak running down his back when faced with changing tactics.

It's party time when the cunt goes.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

But not 5-0 please
If i stepped into Moyes's mind set and behaved and believed how i see him then i would do the following-:

Make a statement that we are not out of it yet, this gives people the impression that i am still up for the challenge. Of course i would know deep down we haven't a hope in hell.

I would go all out for a win against Fulham and hope to qualify for europe via the league, having already decided realistically beating Leverkausen by more than 2 goals is a big ask, especially as i know that to achieve that i would have to leave us more volnurable at the back.

Of course i could be feeling ....what the fuck, im off at the end of season so lets try and leave with a bang rather than a wimper.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

palerider

Post by palerider »

eskimo joe wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:59 am

But not 5-0 please
If i stepped into Moyes's mind set and behaved and believed how i see him then i would do the following-:

Make a statement that we are not out of it yet, this gives people the impression that i am still up for the challenge. Of course i would know deep down we haven't a hope in hell.

I would go all out for a win against Fulham and hope to qualify for europe via the league, having already decided realistically beating Leverkausen by more than 2 goals is a big ask, especially as i know that to achieve that i would have to leave us more volnurable at the back.

Of course i could be feeling ....what the fuck, im off at the end of season so lets try and leave with a bang rather than a wimper.
It's what I'd do too. Paq and Emerson aren't suspended against Fulham. But I don't think like Moyes.

exhammer

Post by exhammer »

palerider wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:45 am

The Scotch cunt's stuck between a rock and a hard place. I think he'll throw the game as it gives him an excuse. He loves excuses, never ever his fault.

'I've given you three years in Europe and my job is to give you a 4th'.

Then the excuses about going out of Europe will be down to injuries and suspensions. And woe betide any female interviewer who questions why he threw the Fulham game.

He's fucking Braveheart against them. But has a yellow streak running down his back when faced with changing tactics.

It's party time when the cunt goes.
Thought I'd look in and see how people reacted to last night. Wish I hadn't bothered tbh.

Look I'm not Moyeses biggest fan by a mile but what a load of fucking horse shit. Throw a match ? Are you for real ? And even you must see that injuries to Bowen and suspension of Alvarez who have been two of the best players this season had a bit of a part to play.

Yes the tactics were too negative in my eyes but fuck me let's have some fucking perspective and sensible comments and not all this fucking shit. No wonder the media don't take West Ham fans seriously if they read crap like this.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

But not 5-0 please
Not a chance of turning the Leverkusen game round imo but I get your thinking. That said the Fulham game is a good opportunity to look at one or two of the Under 21s and at the same time freshen upo the squad. Europe's gone, and we have to accept it. It even looks as if both Italy and Germany have overtaken England in the co efficient thingy and one of them will probably get the extra PL place which means 7th place at a minimum for qualification next season. And if Chelsea win the F A Cup it goes down to 6th.

A sobering thought, but the football wilderness awaits.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

palerider

Post by palerider »

I see Aguerd is back in training. Not sure if he's ready but if so I'd be inclined to play him in midfield as an experiment for Thursday. He's got the pace and can ping a nice pass. What he can't do is defend.

And besides, Moyes won't use any of the kids so why not ?

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

Paqueta and Emerson will start without issues of injury/fatigue for this ...nice one fellas. :|
a possible positive..if they can be bothered

Alvarez back is a massive plus too.

Biggest issue is how much has that backs to the wall effort on Thurs taken out of the players?
Kudus ..Antonio ..and Zouma are the main ones than need managing correctly .

The only realistic options are Ings ...Cornet...Aguard and Johnson.
Ings/Aguard/ Johnson have to get a look in here...Shirley?

IF Paqueta and Emerson turn up and Fulham dont..we should scrape a narrow win or score draw.

My gut says a score draw....1-1

exhammer

Post by exhammer »

I think Europe's dead for next time but this one is an absolute must win if we to have any chance at all.