West Ham vs Fulham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
brookingslovechild

Re: West Ham vs Fulham Official Match Thread

Post by brookingslovechild »

Towie wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:20 pm
brookingslovechild wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:22 pm
Get that towie but highly played players should give a shit about the team and fans they are playing for surely. I’ve heard enough this season the players won that not moyes so how is it not the same the other way.
Defo moyes subs are strange at best but players don’t walk away from this without blame.
Would also assume Liverpool, spuds and now arsenal will be eating their own also this weekend ?
It a job for players mate, and if Moyes takes the plaudits for winning then he should take responsibility for losses.

Honestly I think he had done a great job for us as a club, however the football is horrendous.
It is possible to have both btw.

Results business fella. If we’d won today we’d have sat 6th. We didn’t and we’re not, however
I think what moyes has done is change our expectation.
We are now going to be gutted not to make Europe. If he leaves in summer he has at least moved the goalposts for WHU.

frogiron2

Post by frogiron2 »

OK, The Moyes Bingo Result is in.

And it's a real shock result.

No winners, so it's a Rollover.

The reason we played like the latest group of self-congratulatory competitors in The Apprentice (Team Name "Abject Disappointments") rather than a highly paid group of trained professional athletes coached by a "Winner" is.......

Drum Roll.......

All down to "Shooting Boots"

Moyes' after game interview:

""We will have to play really well on Thursday, we did not have our shooting boots on today, we did not connect right with our chances.

"We will need our shooting boots on Thursday and the goal scorers will need to come up with the goods if we are to win."

So, "Shooting Boots" it is

Who'd have known

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

frogiron2 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:45 pm OK, The Moyes Bingo Result is in.

The reason we played like the latest group of self-congratulatory competitors in The Apprentice (Team Name "Abject Disappointments") rather than a highly paid group of trained professional athletes coached by a "Winner" is.......

Drum Roll.......

""We will have to play really well on Thursday, we did not have our shooting boots on today, we did not connect right with our chances.

"We will need our shooting boots on Thursday and the goal scorers will need to come up with the goods if we are to win."

Who'd have known
Thats Moyes code for Bowen wasnt playing
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

JayK

Post by JayK »

frogiron2 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:45 pm OK, The Moyes Bingo Result is in.

Drum Roll.......

Who'd have known
I would also like to point out he said Thursday to Sunday is very difficult. So I take that as blaming Europe too
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

brookingslovechild wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:22 pm
Get that towie but highly played players should give a shit about the team and fans they are playing for surely. I’ve heard enough this season the players won that not moyes so how is it not the same the other way.
Defo moyes subs are strange at best but players don’t walk away from this without blame.
Would also assume Liverpool, spuds and now arsenal will be eating their own also this weekend ?
It a job for players mate, and if Moyes takes the plaudits for winning then he should take responsibility for losses.

Honestly I think he had done a great job for us as a club, however the football is horrendous.
Winning??? On Thursday? Are you for real-?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

brookingslovechild wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:31 pm

Results business fella. If we’d won today we’d have sat 6th. We didn’t and we’re not, however
I think what moyes has done is change our expectation.
We are now going to be gutted not to make Europe. If he leaves in summer he has at least moved the goalposts for WHU.
He has. But he hasn’t evolved has he? He is still using the same predictable system which has been well and truly sussed out by now. There has never been a plan B and he is clearly incapable of adapting tactics and formations to react when necessary. Should have called it a day after Prague imo.

But he is far from being responsible for all the malaise which is still holding the club back- the next managerial appointment is probably the most important in a very long time. Do we progress or do we drop back. Guess we’ll know. Soon enough.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

That was simply woeful. The players shoykd be ashamed of themselves. You cannot blame Moyes for Antonio missing a chance my Mum could have scored (and she has been dead for almost 16 months) or for that matter, Mavropanos putting the ball right in the path of the Fulham lad rather than putting it in row Z ffs! And, don't get me started on where Johnson was for their second goal. Missing in action does not quite sum it up. Paquetta was more than disappointing as was Kudus from what I saw.

The squad needs a major overhaul for next season to bring in younger players and dare I say it, a more agressive, attack minded coach.

On a side note, what is the update on young Earthy? I truly hope the lad is doing well.
Flairon

PhilipB

Post by PhilipB »

Hope the young kids all right. Kick in the jewels for that to happen anythime, never mind his friggin league debut.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Flairon wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:36 am That was simply woeful. The players shoykd be ashamed of themselves. You cannot blame Moyes for Antonio missing a chance my Mum could have scored (and she has been dead for almost 16 months) or for that matter, Mavropanos putting the ball right in the path of the Fulham lad rather than putting it in row Z ffs! And, don't get me started on where Johnson was for their second goal. Missing in action does not quite sum it up. Paquetta was more than disappointing as was Kudus from what I saw.

The squad needs a major overhaul for next season to bring in younger players and dare I say it, a more agressive, attack minded coach.

On a side note, what is the update on young Earthy? I truly hope the lad is doing well.
The fact he was conscious is a positive sign. So fingers crossed for a quick recovery.

I wouldn't have gone but for it coinciding with my grandson's 1st birthday party so I didn't even have scant consolation of being shitfaced going back on the train.

But a good time was had. My daughter organised all the games. I particularly enjoyed 'Pin the tail on the Jock dinosaur cuntflap'.

I won.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Flairon wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:36 am That was simply woeful. The players shoykd be ashamed of themselves. You cannot blame Moyes for Antonio missing a chance my Mum could have scored (and she has been dead for almost 16 months) or for that matter, Mavropanos putting the ball right in the path of the Fulham lad rather than putting it in row Z ffs! And, don't get me started on where Johnson was for their second goal. Missing in action does not quite sum it up. Paquetta was more than disappointing as was Kudus from what I saw.

Antonio did what he has always done in front of goal puts it in row Z , he usually needs multiple chances to score and he's just not getting them , maybe if he was a natural half decent striker he could .
The Greek has never been what you would call premier league quality , so not even sure why we even brought him to the club .
Thought Johnson had been doing well since the mighty Moyes had brought him back into the fold , and had been one if our best performers of late .
Paqueta don't get me started on that big girls blouse , hate his diving and his play acting , I want him gone .
Wishing Earthy all the best , and hope hes doing well .