Bayern Leverkusen vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

Bayern Leverkusen vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

This will be the toughest test in West Ham history so far as Bayern Leverkusen remained unbeaten in ALL competition and far more stronger than Bayern Munich and that down to their former TD, Tim Steidtner whom I hope he will bring us, West Ham, to the next level to be within the top 6 materials as with Chelsea slipping down, Tottenham are likely a bit as well. All we need is a new manager that can bring us to the next level and hope our TD will bring that, including incoming players.

We got problem with the injury for Bowen and very highly unlikely he will miss a few games which is a massive blow. Moyes priority is to secure top 8 finishes in the Premier League as we have very little hope to pass a strong Bayern Leverkusen side. Hope to have Adrian back soon. I am full expected Ben Johnson to replace out of favour Coufal who his days seemed to be numbered.

Squad:

Fabianski

Johnson
Mavropanos
Aguerd
Cresswell

JWP
Soucek

Kudus
Paqueta
Emerson

Antonio

I would put Emerson as Left winger as he is more suitable there as shown late 2nd half against Wolves.

I am fully expected us to be on a defensive approach and hope to have Ings, Cornet and Soucek to come 2nd half sub.

Result probable:

Bayern Leverkusen win: 99%
Draw 1%
West Ham 0%

Hope I am wrong on the above %.

COYI!!!!!
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
Last edited by Ibbyham on Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Towie

Re: Bayern Leverkusen vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Towie »

Moyes will respect the 1-0 defeat, which will end up a 4-0 defeat. 😖☹️
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

Coufal poor? Still think he’s the best RB we’ve got and his assists this season probably bare that out.
Defo miss gonna Bowen, maybe give cornet an outing? Its a free hit so why not, no one expects us to get anything so fuck it.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Can Alvarez play? I was under the assumption he was suspended. Hope i am wrong.

Towie

Post by Towie »

brookingslovechild wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:06 pm Coufal poor? Still think he’s the best RB we’ve got and his assists this season probably bare that out.
Defo miss gonna Bowen, maybe give cornet an outing? Its a free hit so why not, no one expects us to get anything so fuck it.
For me coufal is one of our most underrated players by our supporters. Up and down that wing non -stop and as you say his assists back that up.

Shame McCunty face will run him into ground.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

eskimo joe wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:21 pm Can Alvarez play? I was under the assumption he was suspended. Hope i am wrong.
I have completely forgotten, he is suspended for this match, but he will be back against Fulham so he will be fresh. Soucek and JWP will be partnering each other and that is not what we wanted but other choice is Phillips which he don't like us.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Towie wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:04 pm Moyes will respect the 1-0 defeat, which will end up a 4-0 defeat. 😖☹️
I thought exactly the same thing......4-0 loss
The first decent team we have had to face this campaign, no disrespect to the others.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Ibbyham wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:47 pm
eskimo joe wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:21 pm Can Alvarez play? I was under the assumption he was suspended. Hope i am wrong.
I have completely forgotten, he is suspended for this match, but he will be back against Fulham so he will be fresh. Soucek and JWP will be partnering each other and that is not what we wanted but other choice is Phillips which he don't like us.
I am afraid under Moyes i fear we are on a hiding to nothing. All i see is defend and hope to nick a goal, concede and defend harder. Dare i say it, but even if we won 1-0 i still think we will be fucked at home. That is how much faith i have in our fearless leader.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

eskimo joe wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:07 pm
Ibbyham wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:47 pm

I am afraid under Moyes i fear we are on a hiding to nothing. All i see is defend and hope to nick a goal, concede and defend harder. Dare i say it, but even if we won 1-0 i still think we will be fucked at home. That is how much faith i have in our fearless leader.
Our defenders and defensive midfielders will be absolutely knackered by the time we face Fulham on Sunday and could be facing 2 BIGGEST defeat unless if Moyes do 5 subs early in 2nd half against Bayer Leverkusen to rest the overloaded tired defending including putting this idiot Phillips in it. Only Alvarez will be fit as he won't participate this game until the Fulham game. Would be nice if Moyes put Ogbonna and Aguerd for this match and rest Zouma and Mavropanos for the Fulham game as Moyes priority is to finish top 8 in Premier League as we don't have a bleeding chance in Europa Cup as there are too many big teams, like AC Milan, Liverpool and Bayer Leverkusen. Need a bigger squad this summer but due to FFP, we have to sell Paqueta for no less than £100M plus more transfer money from last windows plus coming this windows so looking at almost £200M to spend and hope to spend an average of £25M per players will do as we need to have bigger squad to cope both domestic and Europe and with Tim Stiedtner in charge of recruitment this summer, hopefully next year summer 2025 we will have a better squad with a better Head Coach in charge. if Moyes stayed, we are f&cked and Time Steidtner will look elsewhere.

JayK

Post by JayK »

I don’t think Adrian will be back soon. Is he still at Liverpool? :lol:

Tough gig this one. Glad home leg is 2nd
COYI!!!