Bayern Leverkusen vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Bondsobob

Re: Bayern Leverkusen vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Bondsobob »

McFuckwit out! That's all I've got to say. Oh , and there's no way we pull that back.

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Just read that a 68 yo travelling Hammers fan got run over by road sweeping truck and is in a bad way with serious head injuries. Hope he pulls through.
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

We are a bunch of delusional fuckers.
Europe for 3rd yr, cup under our belt and getting Ansy about getting beat by best team in erupope.

palerider

Post by palerider »

So say we'd have hung on. As Norm says, Moyes would have lapped up the plaudits. Defensive masterclass etc...

But at what cost ? We'll get beaten on Sunday. Bet large on it. Mentally and physically fucked. And for what ?

To stoke the ego of a stone age manager who thinks it's his way or the highway.

I can't get that stat out of my head. 32 shots to 1.

Fuck me, if we were a horse we'd have been shot at half time.

palerider

Post by palerider »

brookingslovechild wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:54 pm We are a bunch of delusional fuckers.
Europe for 3rd yr, cup under our belt and getting Ansy about getting beat by best team in erupope.
Sorry BLC. Much as I respect your views you're not seeing the bigger picture.

palerider

Post by palerider »

tassiehammer wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:51 pm Just read that a 68 yo travelling Hammers fan got run over by road sweeping truck and is in a bad way with serious head injuries. Hope he pulls through.
Amen to that.

dorsetdano

Post by dorsetdano »

palerider wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:56 pm So say we'd have hung on. As Norm says, Moyes would have lapped up the plaudits. Defensive masterclass etc...

But at what cost ? We'll get beaten on Sunday. Bet large on it. Mentally and physically fucked. And for what ?

What summed it up for me was yet again the substitutions! We go 1-0 down in the 84th minute having made no subs, even though Antonio was completely running on empty and Soufal was concussed. So what does the Moyessiah do? He brings off our fittest front man and replaces him with a full back. At this stage I couldn't work out whether we were playing 6-3-1 or 7-3-0. Whatever it became, it didn't work! You COULDN'T make it up!

palerider

Post by palerider »

dorsetdano wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:06 pm
palerider wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:56 pm So say we'd have hung on. As Norm says, Moyes would have lapped up the plaudits. Defensive masterclass etc...

What summed it up for me was yet again the substitutions! We go 1-0 down in the 84th minute having made no subs, even though Antonio was completely running on empty and Soufal was concussed. So what does the Moyessiah do? He brings off our fittest front man and replaces him with a full back. At this stage I couldn't work out whether we were playing 6-3-1 or 7-3-0. Whatever it became, it didn't work! You COULDN'T make it up!
dorsetdano wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:06 pm

Burnley away. Outplayed for nearly 90 minutes then from nowhere we score twice. The same at Everton. Wolves. So bad for 45 minutes it could and should have been all over.

But against a much better team tonight it was footballing karma. The gods decided that they'd had enough of Moyes getting lucky.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:37 pm
brookingslovechild wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:32 pm
So what you doing different with our better players …still no one can fill in the blanks for me?
I thought I already said, coach them to retain the ball, improve technically. There are coaches who can do that you tell me why Moyes cannot?

As others said bigger squad, not let players leave when we are in Europe. Introduce more youngsters into team give them a game here and there. That all down to Moyes.
Whilst I agree with much of what you’ve said isn’t Steidten now supposed to be basically in charge of ins and outs? Or is he only in charge when something good happens. ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

tassiehammer wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:51 pm Just read that a 68 yo travelling Hammers fan got run over by road sweeping truck and is in a bad way with serious head injuries. Hope he pulls through.
Yea ..I heard about that...sounds bad.
..thankfully it's Germany, he'll be in good hands at least.
Fingers crossed he makes it.