The last hoorah

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: The last hoorah

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:26 am
palerider wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:50 am

I'm hoping he resigns after the Luton game. With City probably needing a win on the final day the cunt's ego couldn't accept a 7-0 shafting.

Wishful thinking maybe. With a 6m a year contract until June 30th.
This is going to be a problem isn’t it ?
New manager/coach , massive rebuild required and less than a month to get the squad playing , and that’s without taking into the account the Euros where any player worth buying will be involved .

This Scots cunt will hang on till June the 30th .

We all know he will and it don’t look promising for next season cos one thing any incoming manager definitely won’t get is time .
And you've left out the bit about no European football to offer potential recruits. And for that matter to those players already here who in some cases shown themselves to be very capable of playing at that level. Will they be happy to stay I ask myself. As I've said before the remaining games must be used to assess the capabilities of the Under 21 hopefuls.

Next managerial appointment mega important, particularly if we want to keep the likes of Kudus, Alvarez and Bowen. Got to be a name that shows them the club has some degree of ambition to match their own. So jog along Messrs Cooper and Potter. You don't enter a mongrel if you want to win a prize at Crufts.

But the dwarf knows best of course.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

palerider

Post by palerider »

When cuntox finally does go I'll be bringing a bit of the good old East End to the levels. A street party.

There'll be pearly kings and queens, beef dripping sarnies, pints of light and brown.

Topped off in the evening with burning effigies of Chris Sutton, Jim White and Alan Shearer.

It would have been great to get the real thing.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Gary’s final offering debunking the Moyes Legend

Bring back Jonathon !

palerider

Post by palerider »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:47 pm Gary’s final offering debunking the Moyes Legend

Agree with nearly all of that. I still maintain Tim's bought a pup with Mavropanos though.

4 unforced errors...2 own goals, fuck up v Fulham, shit back pass v Palace. That's not down to anything other than being not very good.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:47 pm Gary’s final offering debunking the Moyes Legend
It's a well thought out piece but one thing I don't understands is why the so call;ed "Covid Season" was such a big help to West Ham. Every club had to play under the same conditions so why does he feel our "achievement" that season wasn't all that ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

9898 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:54 pm Think a lot of people will be surprised, as I feel Moyes will still be manager next season with the obvious Sullivan public sop to the fans of 'David has been asked to play a more attacking style, blah, blah blah........'
I reckon so

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

palerider wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:59 am When cuntox finally does go I'll be bringing a bit of the good old East End to the levels. A street party.

There'll be pearly kings and queens, beef dripping sarnies, pints of light and brown.

Topped off in the evening with burning effigies of Chris Sutton, Jim White and Alan Shearer.

It would have been great to get the real thing.
'LARD' in my day rider son..they sold it in Sainsbury's.
What the fuck happened to MARGARINE anyway?

palerider

Post by palerider »

Like Columbus sailing off from Spain into the unknown, the good ship West Ham will soon be keelhauling their Scottish cap'n and taking to the high seas.

'There be monsters' said admiral Sutton.
'Ye'll sail off the edge o' the league' said first sea Lord Shearer.
'Be careful what ye wish for' said Ferdinand the cabin boy.

But there be treasure a plenty out there. All's needed is a fair wind and a stout heart.

Drink up me hearties yo ho.

frogiron3

Post by frogiron3 »

palerider wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 11:12 am Like Columbus sailing off from Spain into the unknown, the good ship West Ham will soon be keelhauling their Scottish cap'n and taking to the high seas.

'There be monsters' said admiral Sutton.
'Ye'll sail off the edge o' the league' said first sea Lord Shearer.
'Be careful what ye wish for' said Ferdinand the cabin boy.

But there be treasure a plenty out there. All's needed is a fair wind and a stout heart.

Drink up me hearties yo ho.
Hang on - who's that on the Poop Deck, wearing Russian Hat? Why it's the Admiral. He's telling us there be no swag in the hold. And that he done saved the ship from sinking all them years ago, when he flogged off the old mooring for a rented one. So all the crew better pipe down and be grateful that we're still afloat. I smell mutiny.....

palerider

Post by palerider »

Jacob Steinberg in the Guardian says a deal for Lopetegui is close with Steidten sort of ok with it.

Lopetegui out !!!!