Newcastle vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
WelshIron

Re: Newcastle vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by WelshIron »

palerider wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:37 am I've noticed the media are conspicuous in their absence this morning in spouting the 'safe pair of hands', 'careful what you wish for' and 'you should be grateful you have him' narrative in praise of Moyes.

Instead it's 'a calamitous miscalculation' and 'throwing away the points' that's making the headlines. Even Chris Sutton, number 1 Moyes apologist was quiet.
Once Moyes is gone (hopefully asap) all the so-called experts will suddenly claim they were Moyes out all along.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Three points thrown away by cowardly tactics from the blameless one
3-1 up against a depleted Newcastle side that were all over the place at times go for 4 and put the game to bed early ,no shore up the defence and sit back a let the cunts fucking pummel your goal
Disgraceful.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:57 pm Three points thrown away by cowardly tactics from the blameless one
3-1 up against a depleted Newcastle side that were all over the place at times go for 4 and put the game to bed early ,no shore up the defence and sit back a let the cunts fucking pummel your goal
Disgraceful.
Not the first time he's done it , and probably not the last . It has worked in our favour in the past but I'm not a fan of it .

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Clayton wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:09 am
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:57 pm Three points thrown away by cowardly tactics from the blameless one
Disgraceful.
Not the first time he's done it , and probably not the last . It has worked in our favour in the past but I'm not a fan of it .
Me neither, i can understand sitting on a one goal lead nearing the latter quater of a game, but sitting back for most of the second half defending a two goal lead only shows what Moyes is made of......a man with no back bone.

It is also an easy thing to say it has worked in the past, but imo in many cases its subjective. It might have secured a result but could easily have denied us a better one. Of course a worse one too, but we had them also under his tactics. Moyes definately doesn't fit into the " he who dares" category. And i would be hard pushed not to place him in the puoltry pen.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Disgraceful.
But has it worked in our favour ? We don't KNOW for an absolute fact we would have won on Saturday if we hadn't made the crazy substitution. I think we would have and I think the majority agree. So likewise who is to say that where we have shut up shop in the past and got away with it we would not have won anyway ?

Imo ball retention is the best way of managing a game. If your team has the ball the other lot can do sweet f a about it, other than try to win the thing back. Our tactics mean the opposition don't have to win the ball back because we keep on giving it to them courtesy of a hefty hoof upfield to----errr------nobody with a claret and blue shirt on.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:54 am
But has it worked in our favour ? We don't KNOW for an absolute fact we would have won on Saturday if we hadn't made the crazy substitution. I think we would have and I think the majority agree. So likewise who is to say that where we have shut up shop in the past and got away with it we would not have won anyway ?

Imo ball retention is the best way of managing a game. If your team has the ball the other lot can do sweet f a about it, other than try to win the thing back. Our tactics mean the opposition don't have to win the ball back because we keep on giving it to them courtesy of a hefty hoof upfield to----errr------nobody with a claret and blue shirt on.
And there lays the root of discontent with many. But as Moyes will continue to believe, though evidence seems to show otherwise, you don't need more of the ball to win a game.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

eskimo joe wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:10 am
Me neither, i can understand sitting on a one goal lead nearing the latter quater of a game, but sitting back for most of the second half defending a two goal lead only shows what Moyes is made of......a man with no back bone.

It is also an easy thing to say it has worked in the past, but imo in many cases its subjective. It might have secured a result but could easily have denied us a better one. Of course a worse one too, but we had them also under his tactics. Moyes definately doesn't fit into the " he who dares" category. And i would be hard pushed not to place him in the puoltry pen.
All very true Joe .

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

We have unbelievable numbers really.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

normannomates wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:10 am We have unbelievable numbers really.
….thats some recommendation considering he doesn’t come on here much anymore.
Bring back Jonathon !

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

Newmarket wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:35 pm
normannomates wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:10 am We have unbelievable numbers really.
….thats some recommendation considering he doesn’t come on here much anymore.
You’re wasted on here mate. :D