And the Europa draw is…

Chat about anything football related here!
normannomates

Re: And the Europa draw is…

Post by normannomates »

Positives :
Avoided the Scouse vermin and have the 2nd leg/s at home...that for me ..COULD make the difference.

negatives:
before the draw i viewed Marseille...Atalanta and Benfica as our 'peers' of the clubs left , and our best chance on paper .
all three are in the other side of the draw :lol:

Overall I'm happy enough with that.
Avoided the vermin
HOME FOR SECOND LEG/S
fuck it...what will be ..will be
Last edited by normannomates on Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

tassiehammer wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:40 pm Unbeaten in the Bundesliga and haven't had many goals scored against them. Our striker will have to on top form....hang on....... :D.
Home leg will be a sell out and one of the great nights of European football. Followed by another tasty semi and then the scouse in Ireland. Home game for the victims.
The vermin will be the 'home' team in Dublin...

Fishy?

No shit..

But this is right up West ham alley...

They wouldn't want us in Dublin.....no sir..

If given the privilege we will go in numbers ..and will do each other proud.
That much I do know.

HamstasParadise

Post by HamstasParadise »

Interestingly Freiburg play Leverkusen in the Bundesliga on Sunday. We shall be able to see whether there is any great difference between them that needs to worry us.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” (Mark Twain.)

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

HamstasParadise wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:38 am Interestingly Freiburg play Leverkusen in the Bundesliga on Sunday. We shall be able to see whether there is any great difference between them that needs to worry us.
Indeed . Or at least the last half hour as I’ll , perhaps foolishly, be watching West Ham .
Bring back Jonathon !

HamstasParadise

Post by HamstasParadise »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:03 am
HamstasParadise wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:38 am Interestingly Freiburg play Leverkusen in the Bundesliga on Sunday. We shall be able to see whether there is any great difference between them that needs to worry us.
Indeed . Or at least the last half hour as I’ll , perhaps foolishly, be watching West Ham .
🙂 oh yes I didn’t look at the kick off time.

It’s on live on the Sky Sports app and YouTube channels apparently. There will be a rerun in the dead of night I imagine.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” (Mark Twain.)

PhilipB

Post by PhilipB »

Not the best we could have hoped for but probably no easy ties left once you get to the quarters. At least the away leg comes first.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

PhilipB wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:09 am Not the best we could have hoped for but probably no easy ties left once you get to the quarters. At least the away leg comes first.
Indeed . And not a game to deem criticism of McDullard’s stock tactical approach.

It’s how the European games are played unfortunately.

Narrow defeat followed by a glorious attempt yet inevitable defeat in the return leg .

I predict many of us will be proud of the teams efforts afterwards .
Hope I’m wrong but as long as we manage to avoid any brain fart moments like Cresswell’s v Frankfurt etc I’ll be happy .
Bring back Jonathon !

eastcoastclaret
Location: Chris Eubank has written a book about ethics. If it sells well, he'll write one about Kent too

Post by eastcoastclaret »

Freiburg 2 leverkusen 3 result today.
It’s not beyond the realms of possibility we could win this tie
Thoughts?
gonna need a bigger boat...my thumbs have gone weird...weleese bwian...I didn't eat the salmon mousse...nice beaver...like a glove...I have nipples Greg...the details of my life...he's not the messiah....

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

eastcoastclaret wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:32 pm Freiburg 2 leverkusen 3 result today.
Thoughts?
As long as we play with intent and don't rely on our defence cos our defence is pretty cak. I get the sunday league approach of keeping the keepers happy, Moyes done it last season, but Areola has played a blinder with some of the statues in front of him.
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

Towie

Post by Towie »

tassiehammer wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:47 pm
eastcoastclaret wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:32 pm Freiburg 2 leverkusen 3 result today.
Thoughts?
As long as we play with intent and don't rely on our defence cos our defence is pretty cak. I get the sunday league approach of keeping the keepers happy, Moyes done it last season, but Areola has played a blinder with some of the statues in front of him.
Agree, Areola must play against Leverkusen. The time for sentiment is not now.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.