West Ham vs Aston Villa Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
andyginbrasil

Re: West Ham vs Aston Villa Official Match Thread

Post by andyginbrasil »

At least it will give Moyes something to moan about

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave »

To be fair it did look handball

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Clayton wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:04 pm
Ibbyham wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:03 pm F&cking VAR!!!
Actually the onfield official made the decision Ibby .
It just luck :(
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

Not unhappy with a point , they’ve been very good all season and battling for top 4, mostly kept Watkins quiet and certainly 1st half were better team. Thought paqutta and kudos both had quiet games. Been unlucky with var /non penalties of late…hope we get something go our way in an important moment to even it out, albeit todays looked handball.
We’re within touching distance of Utd, Brighton et al in touching distance of us! Going to the wire. Exciting times

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

On a slightly brighter side, though only ever so slightly, freiburg scored 2 goals v Leverkausen.though losing 3-2 ans added time.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

palerider

Post by palerider »

The VAR decisions get Moyes off the hook by deflecting the fact we sat back and let them have the ball 2nd half. The cunt can't help himself.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

palerider wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:02 pm The VAR decisions get Moyes off the hook by deflecting the fact we sat back and let them have the ball 2nd half. The cunt can't help himself.
We came out for the second half under orders to defend the lead....ok.....but when the opposition have 75% possession its just defend defend defend.... luckily we had Antonio up top as a threat on the counter attack......Then the cunt took him off and put a defensive player on......why didn't we put a plan B into action and try and actually put the game to bed........ fucking frustrating.

Towie

Post by Towie »

So frustrating, why not continue to do what was working in the first half?

Sitting back for 45mins trying to defend a 1-0 lead, pathetic, and then to compound it with bizarre subs.

No idea if they were handballs or not, hard to tell with the stills on the big screen. But if it takes the cunts 5 mins to check then still have no clue so have to call ref over, then for me that is inconclusive and should go with on field decision.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Towie wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:02 pm So frustrating, why not continue to do what was working in the first half?

Sitting back for 45mins trying to defend a 1-0 lead, pathetic, and then to compound it with bizarre subs.

No idea if they were handballs or not, hard to tell with the stills on the big screen. But if it takes the cunts 5 mins to check then still have no clue so have to call ref over, then for me that is inconclusive and should go with on field decision.
Tbh they both looked like handball.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Towie wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:02 pm So frustrating, why not continue to do what was working in the first half?

It is like he got his halves mixed up is the only way i would explain it. Like even when he starts off better he reverts back to norm which is to become reactive instead of proactive. Sometimes i wonder if it is good to take the lead first, but that normally means always playing reactive football and awaiting a chance instead of forcing them.

It feels like he doesnt have total trust in anyone bar himself and shackles himself for the sake of not losing.

Well that is my feelings on it, whether there is truth in it is a matter for debate.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest