West Ham vs Burnley Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: West Ham vs Burnley Official Match Thread

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:16 am Yes, they were time wasting from when their first goal went in.
How Referee never booked their keeper is beyond me.

Burnley deserve to go down for their shocking support, didn’t even fill one of the sections allocated to them.
Piss poor effort.
Bit harsh. Agree withn you re time wasting but, ffs, the team's bottom of the league, game's on a Sunday so transport can be a problem, particularly with a 400 mile returnb trip is involved, not to mention the cost of course. And on top of everything else the weather was shit.

Some people have obviously got better things to do with their time and money than spend all day travelling to watch 90 plus minutes of time wasting tactics. And the population of Burnley itself is under 100,000 so their support generally is pretty imporessive imo.

And if we start relegating clubs because of things not related to what happens on the field I'd have to nominate us for having the most stupid fucking anthem. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave »

Flairon wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:25 am With games coming up against Villa and Newcastle, our season could be over shortly.
Think it ended about Xmas to be honest.

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:54 am
Towie wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:16 am Yes, they were time wasting from when their first goal went in.

Burnley deserve to go down for their shocking support, didn’t even fill one of the sections allocated to them.
Piss poor effort.
Bit harsh. Agree withn you re time wasting but, ffs, the team's bottom of the league, game's on a Sunday so transport can be a problem, particularly with a 400 mile returnb trip is involved, not to mention the cost of course. And on top of everything else the weather was shit.

Some people have obviously got better things to do with their time and money than spend all day travelling to watch 90 plus minutes of time wasting tactics. And the population of Burnley itself is under 100,000 so their support generally is pretty imporessive imo.

And if we start relegating clubs because of things not related to what happens on the field I'd have to nominate us for having the most stupid fucking anthem. ;)

Population of Newham is probably bigger than Burnley now, but hardly any would follow the Hammers so population doesn't count. And I keep waiting to have the "anthem" changed to something like " We are the champions" but that would be even more stupid. :lol: :lol:
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

PhilipB

Post by PhilipB »

Piss poor effort.
Go down coz of poor support. Dumbest comment I've ever heard. When last in UK Burnley away was one of the games I saw. First and only visit there. Only a small town but get crowds of 20k or so for home games. Pretty good I'd say. Before we start knocking Burnley take a good look at the empty seats at ouir gaff on Sunday .

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

tassiehammer wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:10 am
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:54 am

Population of Newham is probably bigger than Burnley now, but hardly any would follow the Hammers so population doesn't count. And I keep waiting to have the "anthem" changed to something like " We are the champions" but that would be even more stupid. :lol: :lol:
True enough. But Burnley seems to be one of those clubs that don't get much of a following from people who don't have a local connection to the place.

As for the anthem "We are the champions" would be silly., I'll give you that, but I still reckon we can come up with something a lot better than what we're stuck with. Now get back to your soapy water. ;)

exhammer

Post by exhammer »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:13 pm An indication of just how fucking awful that game was———someone just nominated Danny Ings as our MOTM. And tbh it’s hard to disagree..
Agree about Ings. I was at the game as a guest of one of our players and after he was saying how Danny must be pulling his hair out for not getting more time on the grass. Sure made an impact when he come on.

Picked up on a few inside rumours about the new gaffer as well. Can't say too much because its obvious who I was talking to because I was his guest but I think whiskey has said he'sdheard the guys name mentioned by folk in germany. We'll soon know anyways.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

exhammer wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:31 am
Whiskyman wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:13 pm An indication of just how fucking awful that game was———someone just nominated Danny Ings as our MOTM. And tbh it’s hard to disagree..
Agree about Ings. I was at the game as a guest of one of our players and after he was saying how Danny must be pulling his hair out for not getting more time on the grass. Sure made an impact when he come on.

Picked up on a few inside rumours about the new gaffer as well. Can't say too much because its obvious who I was talking to because I was his guest but I think whiskey has said he'sdheard the guys name mentioned by folk in germany. We'll soon know anyways.
I did hear a name mentioned by friends out in Germany some time back and I may have posted it on here. Some while back though . Interestin g if you've picked up something from someone close to the club. If it is the guy who I've heard is in the frame it wouldn't be a bad choice imo.

palerider

Post by palerider »

That first half was the most abject, limp-wristed pile of dog shit I've seen for ages. Safety first tripe from a safety first cunt of a manager. And against a wank side. The second half for me did fuck-all to paper over the cracks.

And I got wet.

On the plus side though I had a particularly good dump in Westfield. Up there with possibly my twenty greatest dumps of all time.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:40 am
exhammer wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:31 am

I did hear a name mentioned by friends out in Germany some time back and I may have posted it on here. Some while back though . Interestin g if you've picked up something from someone close to the club. If it is the guy who I've heard is in the frame it wouldn't be a bad choice imo.
If we had to go Kraut I’d personally plump for Hoeness at Stuttgart . He’s overseen such a transformation there this season that they’ll probably qualify for the Champions League …so that’ll rule him out :D :D

I believe the guy you mentioned was the obvious one with West Ham connections. Edin Terzic .
Bring back Jonathon !

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Newmarket wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:30 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:40 am

If we had to go Kraut I’d personally plump for Hoeness at Stuttgart . He’s overseen such a transformation there this season that they’ll probably qualify for the Champions League …so that’ll rule him out :D :D

I believe the guy you mentioned was the obvious one with West Ham connections. Edin Terzic .
Or Thomas Tuchel :o .