Our Remaining League games

Chat about anything football related here!
Newmarket

Re: Our Remaining League games

Post by Newmarket »

Clayton wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:54 am Going with 12 points with wins against Burnley , Fulham , Palace and Luton , but the games against Villa , Spurs , Wolves , Chelsea could go either way , would actually add Palace to that list even though I have given us the three points there . So possibly 24 if all goes well :shock: .
Don't think we will get anything out of Newcastle , Liverpool and City , but you never know ;) .
Yeah you do :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Clayton wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:54 am Going with 12 points with wins against Burnley , Fulham , Palace and Luton , but the games against Villa , Spurs , Wolves , Chelsea could go either way , would actually add Palace to that list even though I have given us the three points there . So possibly 24 if all goes well :shock: .
Don't think we will get anything out of Newcastle , Liverpool and City , but you never know ;) .
City is the last game isn't it ? I guess we must hope they don't need to win , and by a large margin to catch up on goal difference. But being positive it is just possible they will have the league title safely locked away and thus have absolutely no incentive to exert them selves. Particularly with the possibility of another CL final on the horizon.

And of course we have to hope that UEFA decide to award the extra European place to the PL which would mean 8th place, and not 7th, is the lowest anyone can finish and qualify. Unless Chelsea win the F A Cup of course then one of the Europa spots would go to them, or anyone else who won the bloody thing and didn't finish in the European places.

Personally think it's silly awarding a Euro spot for a cup competition which only involves winning a maximum of 6 matches. And you don't even need to win those if you're good at taking penalties.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

JayK

Post by JayK »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:36 am
City is the last game isn't it ? I guess we must hope they don't need to win , and by a large margin to catch up on goal difference. But being positive it is just possible they will have the league title safely locked away and thus have absolutely no incentive to exert them selves. Particularly with the possibility of another CL final on the horizon.

And of course we have to hope that UEFA decide to award the extra European place to the PL which would mean 8th place, and not 7th, is the lowest anyone can finish and qualify. Unless Chelsea win the F A Cup of course then one of the Europa spots would go to them, or anyone else who won the bloody thing and didn't finish in the European places.

Personally think it's silly awarding a Euro spot for a cup competition which only involves winning a maximum of 6 matches. And you don't even need to win those if you're good at taking penalties.
It was alright til they ditched the European cup winners cup
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

JayK wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:46 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:36 am

It was alright til they ditched the European cup winners cup
That was OK because it was a European cup fpr Domestic cup winners. But it became a bit pointless when the domestic cup winners had already usually got a Euro place in either the European Cup (as it was then) or the UEFA cup. I think the UEFA cup places used to go to the teams finishing 2nd, 3rd and 4th in their leagues back then.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

We may be lucky to pick up 7 more points
Flairon

deanox

Post by deanox »

Aston Villa H Draw 1pt
Newcastle A draw 1pt
Tottenham H loss...cunts
Wolves A draw 1pt
Fulham H win 3pts
C Palace A win 3pts
Liverpool H loss
Chelsea A draw 1pt
Luton H win 3pts
Man City A we will kill them in my dreams, but realism says a trouncing. loss

13pts and total of 56pts
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

The front wheels you can never predict...same for CFC.

Luton town could be down already or scrappin..that could be a factor.
Mancs and Scouse are a right off...so we have nine games left

Three of those are away to Wolves/Geordies./cfc ..😁

I predict 10th at best.
Last edited by normannomates on Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

deanox wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:56 am Aston Villa H Draw 1pt
Newcastle A draw 1pt
Tottenham H loss...cunts
Wolves A draw 1pt
Fulham H win 3pts
C Palace A win 3pts
Liverpool H loss
Chelsea A draw 1pt
Luton H win 3pts
Man City A we will kill them in my dreams, but realism says a trouncing. loss

13pts and total of 56pts
If we draw with the brummie cunts ...Ill pay for your ticket ( within reason) ..for any game of your choice..
Stand on me ..
Ill pass on the details if it happens
Last edited by normannomates on Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

:shock:
Flairon wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:14 pm We may be lucky to pick up 7 more points

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

OZHAMMER wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:37 pm15 points.
Fuckin hell ...if that happens I'll buy you a ticket too