Freiburg vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

Freiburg vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

Hope the last 2 wins gives us confidence and we need to be on a front foot from the start. Hope our defence to be firm. It is going to be a very tight game. Will Moyes drop Areola for Fabianski or stick to the same squad as our last 2 games?

Squad:

Areola

Coufal/Johnson
Mavropanos
Ogbonna
Emerson

Soucek
Alvarez

Paqueta
JWP
Kudus

Bowen

Zouma will probably back to the bench and Ogbonna will be captain of this match. Need at least 4 to 5 substition in mid-way 2nd half if we are leading a match as we need to keep some top players rested for the Burnley game on Sunday.

Let go for it!
COYI!!!
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

normannomates

Re: Freiburg vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by normannomates »

That's a small squad Ibby son.

You're tighter than David.

I fink Aguard and Fabianski will start.
David will be tempted to start Philips/Soucek/Alvarez .

Over two - legs this has a typical WHU fuck up written all over it...and has fuck all to do with Dave.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

normannomates wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:40 am That's a small squad Ibby son.

You're tighter than David.

I fink Aguard and Fabianski will start.
David will be tempted to start Philips/Soucek/Alvarez .

Over two - legs this has a typical WHU fuck up written all over it...and has fuck all to do with Dave.
You could be right on Fabianski and Aguerd, maybe Phillips will start and maybe Antonio start up front with Bowen on right side.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

garnett

Post by garnett »

I`m still trying to get my head around you cannot be drawn against another English team this round, but you can play against someone you have already faced in the competition....fucking weird if you ask me.

I`m finding it hard getting pumped up for these games.

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

garnett wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:32 am I`m still trying to get my head around you cannot be drawn against another English team this round, but you can play against someone you have already faced in the competition....fucking weird if you ask me.

Definitely agree with your first point. I was a bit underwhelmed at having been drawn Freiburg again. And I do like the idea of keeping teams from the same domestic league separate - we didn't qualify for Europe to play a team we can play any day of the week.

And again, I'm with you on the second point, probably because we've already played them. Hopefully that will change when the game nears. Would much rather have played one of the Italian teams, Leverkusen, or Marseille... maybe next round? ;)

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

OZHAMMER wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:48 pm
garnett wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:32 am I`m still trying to get my head around you cannot be drawn against another English team this round, but you can play against someone you have already faced in the competition....fucking weird if you ask me.

Definitely agree with your first point. I was a bit underwhelmed at having been drawn Freiburg again. And I do like the idea of keeping teams from the same domestic league separate - we didn't qualify for Europe to play a team we can play any day of the week.

And again, I'm with you on the second point, probably because we've already played them. Hopefully that will change when the game nears. Would much rather have played one of the Italian teams, Leverkusen, or Marseille... maybe next round? ;)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Had to read it twice........

one of the Italian teams, Leverkusen, or Marseille.

JayK

Post by JayK »

andyginbrasil wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:04 pm
OZHAMMER wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:48 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Had to read it twice........

one of the Italian teams, Leverkusen, or Marseille.
Me too to be fair :lol:
COYI!!!

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

I’ll speak slower... :D

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Wont be a stroll in the park. Just thought i would say that incase anyone gets the idea the outcome is nailed on in our favour. I doubt very much also that Moyes will go all out to get a result, it will be his normal cautious approach, that much is almost a cert.

With our defence and how it has been lately i hope the oppo forget their scoring boots.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

garnett

Post by garnett »

I think it will be close, I believe we are pretty evenly matched, the no brainer is that we will set up not to lose.