WHU fans vs The Media

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: WHU fans vs The Media

Post by Whiskyman »

Clayton wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:07 am
Bondsobob wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:18 pm All this bollox over Moyes. There is one very clear and concise test. Ask any fan of any other club if they would have him as their manager and it's a resounding 'no'.
When he does finish at West Ham, be it sacked or walks, he will most definitely never get a Premier league job again.
As Whisky has said , " The recycling of managers has always been a bit of a gravy train " , We even employed Moyes after his disastrous spells at Utd , Real Sociedad and Sunderland , so it appears anyone can get a job in this sport . Not saying he hasn't done well by us , and their have been a few good times that have been had , but just feel his tenure should have ended last season .
He would do a decent firefighting job with a struggling side imo. Like he did when he came to us the first time and then at the start of his second spell. That is hisspeciality. I remember when everyone was singing Bielsa's praises at Leeds, even though they were struggling at the wrong end of the table, some Leeds fan on a phone in sayin g it was time to bring in someone like David Moyes.

Just goes to show.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Bondsobob

Post by Bondsobob »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:07 am
Clayton wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:07 am
As Whisky has said , " The recycling of managers has always been a bit of a gravy train " , We even employed Moyes after his disastrous spells at Utd , Real Sociedad and Sunderland , so it appears anyone can get a job in this sport . Not saying he hasn't done well by us , and their have been a few good times that have been had , but just feel his tenure should have ended last season .
He would do a decent firefighting job with a struggling side imo. Like he did when he came to us the first time and then at the start of his second spell. That is hisspeciality. I remember when everyone was singing Bielsa's praises at Leeds, even though they were struggling at the wrong end of the table, some Leeds fan on a phone in sayin g it was time to bring in someone like David Moyes.

Just goes to show.
Maybe he could. I just think that he is the last of the old, dinosaur managers left (at least in England) in the mould of Pullis, Alladyce, Bruce etc.
His tactics and way of doing things are very outdated now. People want more for their money than the turgid fare that Moyes provides. No progressive club, ahead thinking club would touch him now.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Bondsobob wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:18 am
Whiskyman wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:07 am

Just goes to show.
Maybe he could. I just think that he is the last of the old, dinosaur managers left (at least in England) in the mould of Pullis, Alladyce, Bruce etc.
His tactics and way of doing things are very outdated now. People want more for their money than the turgid fare that Moyes provides. No progressive club, ahead thinking club would touch him now.
Fair point. Although I would consider Dyche and Wilder tol be two examples of "old school" managers proving that they aren't quite extinct yet. And I dare say there are a few lurking in the lower reaches of the leagues as well. There's even a few of the buggers coaching in the Under 16 league I coack in. Shouts of "get rid of it" can still be heard across many windy playing firlds on a Sunday morning. ;)

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

h69 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:28 pm
eskimo joe wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:03 am

Where exactly is the irony, i couldnt careless what his thoughts are on the club manager etc he is.entitled to them , but he really needs to get his facts straight instead of attacking people whose views he himself doesnt like. He cant even be original when he goes off on one, and he screws up the facts ( the deluded conclusions i refered to...not world) in his jabber. So i guess if i dont agree with that, then call it irony if you wish

The fact is, he can have his opinions on Moyes, the club etc. I might not agree with them but there are always two sides of a coin and he is entitled to his just like others are theirs. What i point to is the way he diagrees with opposing opinions.

But it is what it is, he will forever think that a proper fan is someone who blindly and silently follows. Unforunately for him not all of us are of the same opinion. And there isnt just black or white there is inbetween also. All are fans with differering opinions, not just one that defines a fan.

End of the day though he dont really matter.
Poor thing. Are you feeling a bit fragile ?

For someone who 'couldn't care less' you spend a lot of time responding. Sorry I clearly hurt your feelings but stop being a snowflake and grow a pair.

'What i point to is the way he diagrees with opposing opinions.' -Yeah.....mustn't disagree with an opposing opinion.....that is awful. So it is your opinion or nothing. That indeed is very ironic. What makes you think that only your opinion is valid ?

As for this being a 'proper fan' lark....its not about accepting everything blindly but its about having some kind of balance to your argument and constantly blaming Moyes for stuff that is either irrelevant or out of his control masks valid complaints about stuff that isn't. It is also about 'supporting' the team when they need it the most not turning on the club, the owners, the manager and various players because you don't get what you personally want. First its Allardyce, then he is gone and it is Sullivan, then it is Moyes and then when he is gone it will be Sullivan again no doubt. Get the feeling you are the problem ?

As for the meekly comment, what ? You think what you are doing shows a sign of strength ? Your constant whining about pretty much everything has made zero difference to anything at this club but if that is what you feel works for you then continue to be a geriatric misery, don't attend and I am sure Moyes, and then when he has gone, the owner or whoever you find to whine about will be quaking in their boots.

Never mind though, I'm sure you will get your progressive young manager soon enough. Maybe it will be Frank as we should all admire Brentford's expansive game on Monday. 10 defeats in 12.....progressive !
David is going to be snapped up by Liverpool..that'll show us

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

h69 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:28 pm
eskimo joe wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:03 am

Where exactly is the irony, i couldnt careless what his thoughts are on the club manager etc he is.entitled to them , but he really needs to get his facts straight instead of attacking people whose views he himself doesnt like. He cant even be original when he goes off on one, and he screws up the facts ( the deluded conclusions i refered to...not world) in his jabber. So i guess if i dont agree with that, then call it irony if you wish

The fact is, he can have his opinions on Moyes, the club etc. I might not agree with them but there are always two sides of a coin and he is entitled to his just like others are theirs. What i point to is the way he diagrees with opposing opinions.

But it is what it is, he will forever think that a proper fan is someone who blindly and silently follows. Unforunately for him not all of us are of the same opinion. And there isnt just black or white there is inbetween also. All are fans with differering opinions, not just one that defines a fan.

End of the day though he dont really matter.
Poor thing. Are you feeling a bit fragile ?

For someone who 'couldn't care less' you spend a lot of time responding. Sorry I clearly hurt your feelings but stop being a snowflake and grow a pair.

'What i point to is the way he diagrees with opposing opinions.' -Yeah.....mustn't disagree with an opposing opinion.....that is awful. So it is your opinion or nothing. That indeed is very ironic. What makes you think that only your opinion is valid ?

As for this being a 'proper fan' lark....its not about accepting everything blindly but its about having some kind of balance to your argument and constantly blaming Moyes for stuff that is either irrelevant or out of his control masks valid complaints about stuff that isn't. It is also about 'supporting' the team when they need it the most not turning on the club, the owners, the manager and various players because you don't get what you personally want. First its Allardyce, then he is gone and it is Sullivan, then it is Moyes and then when he is gone it will be Sullivan again no doubt. Get the feeling you are the problem ?

As for the meekly comment, what ? You think what you are doing shows a sign of strength ? Your constant whining about pretty much everything has made zero difference to anything at this club but if that is what you feel works for you then continue to be a geriatric misery, don't attend and I am sure Moyes, and then when he has gone, the owner or whoever you find to whine about will be quaking in their boots.

Never mind though, I'm sure you will get your progressive young manager soon enough. Maybe it will be Frank as we should all admire Brentford's expansive game on Monday. 10 defeats in 12.....progressive !
Just for your miopic brain..
The the clue is in " the way". Sherlock you aint, maybe the words needed to be in capitals so you didnt miss them. Guess it once again suited you. You are a bit mixed up with your facts, but that is to be expected.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

garnett

Post by garnett »

All bang on it again, ungrateful deluded apperently,
That was dumb and dumber on TalkShite late show, I watched it on youtube this morning, goading a moyes out bloke and then laughing at him as he bit.
Another clip, Dean Saunders chipping in wuth Romfoed Ray and a blond bird.
And finally Fat Sam sticking his oar in "we cant get anyone better".

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

garnett wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:15 pm All bang on it again, ungrateful deluded apperently,
That was dumb and dumber on TalkShite late show, I watched it on youtube this morning, goading a moyes out bloke and then laughing at him as he bit.
Well is least Samantha is honest enough to admit that he wasnt when he was with us.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

garnett wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:15 pm All bang on it again, ungrateful deluded apperently,
Didn't hear this morning's one but apart from Nick (the West Ham TV bloke) who came across brilliantly when he was interviewed on TS a week or so back, most of the specimens who ring in (not just ours btw) fall into the knuckledragger category, so the goading as you put it makes for entertaining radio because the Mr Angrys just lose the plot and often end up disappearing up their own soundbite. Might be annoying for West Ham fans but enjoyable for the other listeners who can have a laugh at our expense.

In recent years I've enjoyed listening to fans of a fair few clubs making pricks of themselves so we mustn't be too upset when some of our lot take the baited hook. Out of curiosity did you hear Nick's piece on TS ? If it's on you tube anywhere it's well worth a listen.. A good debater that bloke.

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

Yea....wheeled out all the wankers didn't they.
Last edited by normannomates on Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:01 am, edited 7 times in total.

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

eskimo joe wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:28 pm
Well is least Samantha is honest enough to admit that he wasnt when he was with us.
Raymond knows the score TBF to him