West Ham vs Brentford Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
tassiehammer

Re: West Ham vs Brentford Official Match Thread

Post by tassiehammer »

eskimo joe wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:29 am Well that was a pleasant change our boy Jarrod getting his first hat trick for us after being so close on numerous occasions.

Looked a bit knackered near the end but i guess actualy putting in a shift takes its toll. This was a game of two halfs( see David there are two halves), we did spend more time in the opponents half than is often our norm but it does say something.

I just wish that it didnt have to take Paqueta to actually be present for us to perform. But it is what it is and a much better performance over all than we have seen since christmas.

Zouma, well the only thing i can say is he must either had his eyes closed or made the wrong choice. He let the guy behind him be whilst he marked an empty space.

Well at least i can spend the day whistling and hoping it isnt the last time.
Never rated Zouma. Always looks like a carthorse.
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave »

Where's numbers after that glorious hat trick?

palerider

Post by palerider »

Moyes out

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

thought soucek was excellent last night, should have scored. No way philips gets back in front of him imo.
In fact still really cant see where philips fits in. Maybe instead of JWP?
be interesting to see what game time he gets going forward.
good result albeit uncomfortable last 15 mins and for the life of me cant get Moyes hang up with subs replacing some clearly knackered players probably my biggest frustration with him.
Moyes in ?

just fuckin with you :D

garnett

Post by garnett »

Well what a change of attitude, I don't put it down to managerial or Paqueta, the players are supposed to be professional athletes they know what is expected of them, but it is oh so easy to turn the tap off with no retribution, yesterday was different, they saw the anger and empty seats against the gooners, they knew it could turn really ugly really quickly, hence the quick start and performance, it also helped that the bees are shit at defending.
Far from perfect, another 2 conceded but it's a building block.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

brookingslovechild wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:18 am thought soucek was excellent last night, should have scored. No way philips gets back in front of him imo.
good result albeit uncomfortable last 15 mins and for the life of me cant get Moyes hang up with subs replacing some clearly knackered players probably my biggest frustration with him.
Moyes in ?

If JWP can get game time their's hope for anyone , not sure it was a good result more very surprising , but then again Paqueta was back I suppose . Really don't know how a player can go so long without scoring , then get a hat trick . Areola stood out for me once again , surprised he hasn't knocked Zouma out yet .

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

brookingslovechild wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:18 am thought soucek was excellent last night, should have scored. No way philips gets back in front of him imo.
Moyes in ?

Funny you mentioned JWP, was having a silly thought about the situation. Maybe Moyes was looking for another Payet, yes stupid i know cause the only thing they have in common, and that is tenuous, is his dead ball situations. The other part of Payet JWP definately doesn't exist. It was just a passing thought. But i guess we all know the real reason.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

eskimo joe wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:18 am
Moyes in ?

Funny you mentioned JWP, was having a silly thought about the situation. Maybe Moyes was looking for another Payet, yes stupid i know cause the only thing they have in common, and that is tenuous, is his dead ball situations. The other part of Payet JWP definately doesn't exist. It was just a passing thought. But i guess we all know the real reason.
really can only see him swapping out JWP for our Kalv joe. Nothing other than that works and as has been pointed out , JWP really only offers the deadball crossing, albeit he is good at it. Surely bowen or coufal could take that over. on the evidence so far (and his luck has been proper shit) not sure id even bring him except as a late sub. Feel for the lad, he clearly is a talent just wasted 2 yrs fuckin about at city.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

brookingslovechild wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:43 am
eskimo joe wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:18 am

really can only see him swapping out JWP for our Kalv joe. Nothing other than that works and as has been pointed out , JWP really only offers the deadball crossing, albeit he is good at it. Surely bowen or coufal could take that over. on the evidence so far (and his luck has been proper shit) not sure id even bring him except as a late sub. Feel for the lad, he clearly is a talent just wasted 2 yrs fuckin about at city.
TBH, and think i have said this before, he shone at Leeds,but his tackling was always a bit dubious,lrobably looks worse now because of his game time. I really think Downes would have suited us better, but the fact Moyes wanted JWP for his talent on set pieces and Southampton wanted Downes on loan as part of the deal left us looking for another. We got him in Phillips, a d im not so convinced it was a good choice.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Quite enjoyed the game last night we played with a more attacking attitude.
Paqueta back makes all the difference seems to gee all the others up
Pleased for Bowen three good goals good luck to him
A great goal from Emerson too
The usual defensive frailties of course and Areola making a few terrific saves
Anyhow on a cold night it certainly warmed me cockles up.

Onwards and upwards.