West Ham vs Brentford Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
h69

Re: West Ham vs Brentford Official Match Thread

Post by h69 »

Flairon wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:16 am
JayK wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:55 pm

And manager
Yet the were still below us at the start of play, and even more so now.
I think he does not understand how a League table works. 🤔

They are deservedly below us. Was a good night beating Brentford with their 'brilliant young, progressive manager' who supposedly plays open expansive football !

Reading some of the comments on their board last night, it seems they are blaming him for team selection and half of them think they may be going down. 10 defeats in 12.

Personally I think they will stay up but I didnt think they played progressive football at all and were a bit one dimensional. Thomas Frank is completely overrated.

jameskel

Post by jameskel »

Moyes in
Covid in the Boardroom

Post by 9898 »

dagenhamdave wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:11 am Where's numbers after that glorious hat trick?
Actually thought Bowen all round game was poor.
Got to congratulate him for the hat trick but, let's be honest, Brentford, and their defence in particular, were appalling.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave »

9898 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:44 am
dagenhamdave wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:11 am Where's numbers after that glorious hat trick?
:lol: :lol:

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

jameskel wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:37 amMoyes in
Good for you.

How do you see the Everton game panning out ?

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

dagenhamdave wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:40 pm
9898 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:44 am

:lol: :lol:
Bowens all round game is rather poor if you want to class him as an elite player..he has a tendency to receive a pass and tie himself in knots ..and slow down any momentum
He is not a creative player, he's an impact player.
And he is definitely not a lone fuckin striker.

Let's see how he gets on tomorrow against Tarkowski and co on his jack...?...
Our fearless leader David will be too pre- occupied by the blue nose tramps beggin him to come back and restore the glory days to notice anyhow.
David's usual sharp in - game management skills will be lacking for this one I fear

Feel free to coat me off if I'm wrong...I'll hold my hands up...fair cop guv and all that

JoshuaLurgy

Are you ready to test your predicting skills and take on your fellow fans in our latest round of the Prediction League?

Post by JoshuaLurgy »

It's time to start focusing on developing our young talent and giving them a chance to shine on the big stage. We have some promising players coming through the ranks, and it's crucial that we nurture them and provide them with opportunities to prove themselves. Let's give our youth a chance to make a name for themselves at West Ham.

Blog

Whiskyman

The FFS Stop Changing The Thread Titles You Cunts Thread

Post by Whiskyman »

JoshuaLurgy wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:11 am It's time to start focusing on developing our young talent and giving them a chance to shine on the big stage. We have some promising players coming through the ranks, and it's crucial that we nurture them and provide them with opportunities to prove themselves. Let's give our youth a chance to make a name for themselves at West Ham.
I agree completely that we should be drip feeding some of the better kids into the first team by giving them a few minutes at least in games. I watched the Barcelona v Napoli game last night and Barcelona had a kid of 17 in the centre of their defence who was quality and that 16 year old Lamine Yamal up front who was totally outstanding. Someone once said if you're good enough you're old enough. Inexperienced ? Well of course. But how the fuck do any of us gain experience in anything if we're not allowed to bloody well do it ?

And don't give me the crap about, ah but the PL is different, bollocks. That was a Champions League game ffs, not a kickabout against fucking Brentford or Palace. I'm not saying throw kids on en masse, just give them minutes along the lines of how Klopp and to a lesser extent Guardiola bring their young players along.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

kanewilliamson

Post by kanewilliamson »

West Ham faces Brentford in an official match thread. With a record of zero wins, zero draws, and five losses against Brentford, West Ham struggles against them. Despite tactical challenges and a thin squad, West Ham hopes for a positive performance in this flag football match.
Last edited by kanewilliamson on Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

kanewilliamson wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:26 am West Ham faces Brentford in an official match thread. With a record of zero wins, zero draws, and five losses against Brentford, West Ham struggles against them. Despite tactical challenges and a thin squad, West Ham hopes for a positive performance in this flag football match.
Any chance of access to your Time Machine ?
Bring back Jonathon !