West Ham vs Arsenal Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

West Ham vs Arsenal Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

Can West Ham do better in attacking against Arsenal? That the question everyone will be asking as our attacking display against Man Utd were poor and that down to Moyes in a 3-4-2-1 formation which does NOT suit us and I hope Phillips will not come in 2nd half sub as he is more capable of giving that teams gifts for pleasure. Antonio is probably back in training and Paqueta just started light training so hopefully the latter will be back against Nottingham Forest or Brentford game and that will give us massive boost in attack. Areola will be OK after his knock. We need to do better in defence and more in clinical finishing. Arsenal will be confident after their 3-1 win against the bindipper so hopefully we can replicate our form against Arsenal as we did in our last 2 meetings against them.

Squad:

Areola

Coufal
Zouma
Aguerd
Emerson

Soucek
Alvarez

Johnson
JWP
Kudus

Bowen

I would give Johnson on right wing slot as he did well in last couple of games and Coufal need to be sharp in defending and crosses as well. We need to up our tempo against them and don't let them bossy the game out.

Results Probable:

West Ham win 10%
Draw: 20%
Arsenal win 70%

This is largely because our home record against Arsenal is very poor and even worst than the Chelsea, Liverpool and Man Utd records.
I would have more confident of West Ham to get anything from this game IF Paqueta is in the squad.

COYI!!!!
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Whiskyman

Re: West Ham vs Arsenal Official Match Thread

Post by Whiskyman »

Agree our attacking play against Man U was crap. All those shots but how many did Onana have to save ? I can only think of one and that was from a defender. And apart from Bowen's chance that Dalot prevented with a tackle to rival the quality of the ball Alvarez put Bowen through with they weren't what I'd call created, they were more the opportunistic shot kind.

And imo it ain't going to get any better. Paqueta is out for a while, Fornals has gone and if we use Alvarez in a creative role, he has the ability and gave Bowen the pass of the match on Sunday, who watches the shop at the back ? Kalvin Phillips, that's who FFS. Might be worth binning JWP and giving this George Earthy kid, who a lot of people are raving about, a run. He can't be any worse than what we have and you never know. But it won't happen of course.

I preict a defeat, possibly a heavy one as Arsenal will definitely want to kick our arses after beating them twice thgis season. I'm going for another 0-3 reverse.

Unless of course we get a free kick within shooting distance., Did you know that JWP is only 1 goal behind David Beckham's record of goals from direct free kicks.? ;)

Perhaps by the end of the season he'll actually get one of his kicks on target.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:08 pm Agree our attacking play against Man U was crap. All those shots but how many did Onana have to save ? I can only think of one and that was from a defender. And apart from Bowen's chance that Dalot prevented with a tackle to rival the quality of the ball Alvarez put Bowen through with they weren't what I'd call created, they were more the opportunistic shot kind.

And imo it ain't going to get any better. Paqueta is out for a while, Fornals has gone and if we use Alvarez in a creative role, he has the ability and gave Bowen the pass of the match on Sunday, who watches the shop at the back ? Kalvin Phillips, that's who FFS. Might be worth binning JWP and giving this George Earthy kid, who a lot of people are raving about, a run. He can't be any worse than what we have and you never know. But it won't happen of course.

I preict a defeat, possibly a heavy one as Arsenal will definitely want to kick our arses after beating them twice thgis season. I'm going for another 0-3 reverse.

Unless of course we get a free kick within shooting distance., Did you know that JWP is only 1 goal behind David Beckham's record of goals from direct free kicks.? ;)

Hope you are right, our only chance of a goal from a dangerous free-kick or penalty. I would like Alvarez to move up field than JWP but JWP with Soucek is never a good things for the defences. I do hope Earthy will play a part sooner as he is like a fresh players and surely better than Benrahma/Fornals.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Bondsobob

Post by Bondsobob »

Arse will get their revenge. No way we beat them 3 times in a season. 0-3 with Muller getting one to rub salt in to the wound. :|

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

stick Johnson up front ...

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

normannomates wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:23 am stick Johnson up front ...
That sounds right. 👍

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:08 pm Agree our attacking play against Man U was crap. All those shots but how many did Onana have to save ? I can only think of one and that was from a defender. And apart from Bowen's chance that Dalot prevented with a tackle to rival the quality of the ball Alvarez put Bowen through with they weren't what I'd call created, they were more the opportunistic shot kind.

i think all this praise of our powderpuff effort at being positive at the mancs tells a story.

the current Mancs are bang average ...at best..and fragile.
yet strolled to a very comfortable victory and never at any stage of that match had to get out of second gear.

its a very low bar to praise Moysie for having us being more positive in approach ... embarrassing state of affairs .

we never laid a glove on them in reality....

the defending for that first was pathetic....good finish from the gobshite...but Aguard was weak as piss...Jwp and soucek were both soft cunts as well.

after 4 years he has noboby in his squad with any bollocks or leadership....

his continual 'striker' issue sums the man up..SHITE

THE STATS SAY HES OUR GREATEST EVER MANAGER....FUCKING HELL..

its truly baffling and sobering to realise that we have always been that fucking shit
Last edited by normannomates on Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

OZHAMMER wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:24 am
normannomates wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:23 am stick Johnson up front ...
That sounds right. 👍
or goalie

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

Ibbyham wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:44 pm Can West Ham do better in attacking against Arsenal? That the question everyone will be asking as our attacking display against Man Utd were poor and that down to Moyes in a 3-4-2-1 formation which does NOT suit us and I hope Phillips will not come in 2nd half sub as he is more capable of giving that teams gifts for pleasure. Antonio is probably back in training and Paqueta just started light training so hopefully the latter will be back against Nottingham Forest or Brentford game and that will give us massive boost in attack. Areola will be OK after his knock. We need to do better in defence and more in clinical finishing. Arsenal will be confident after their 3-1 win against the bindipper so hopefully we can replicate our form against Arsenal as we did in our last 2 meetings against them.

Squad:

Areola

Coufal
Zouma
Aguerd
Emerson

Soucek
Alvarez

Johnson
JWP
Kudus

Bowen

I would give Johnson on right wing slot as he did well in last couple of games and Coufal need to be sharp in defending and crosses as well. We need to up our tempo against them and don't let them bossy the game out.

Results Probable:

West Ham win 10%
Draw: 20%
Arsenal win 70%

This is largely because our home record against Arsenal is very poor and even worst than the Chelsea, Liverpool and Man Utd records.
I would have more confident of West Ham to get anything from this game IF Paqueta is in the squad.

COYI!!!!
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

cheers Ibby.

hard to predict this one ...