Man Utd vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Dwayne Pipes

Re: Man Utd vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

garnett wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:09 pm We certainly should be on Sky more often, not because we deserve to be, but to convince yhe pundits that we do know what we're talking about and our football is fucking shit.
Neither us nor the mancs deserve top 6 this season, both fuvking awful.
Your not wrong that Red scum team has to be the worse
I’ve seen for them.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

garnett wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:09 pm We certainly should be on Sky more often, not because we deserve to be, but to convince yhe pundits that we do know what we're talking about and our football is fucking shit.
Neither us nor the mancs deserve top 6 this season, both fuvking awful.
Basically agree that neither us nor Man U are what could nbe termed "good teams" but both are where they are because their results say so. People go on-----and on, and on and on about Brighton. But if they're so bloody wonderful why aren't they occupying a higher place in the league ? The league table at this stage of the season tends not to lie.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Towie

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:38 am
Towie wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:41 pm

Most live appearances on Sky & TnT this season.

1) Arsenal - 21 games
2) Man City - 20 games
3) Man Utd - 20 games
4) Spuds - 20 games
5) Liverpool 19 games
6) Chelsea 18 games

Hope this helps. 😉
Sky 6? So where do TNT fit in with this ? And Amazon for that matter?

And can I suggest you check your figures old chap. You do realise there have only been 23 games played by most teams this season don't you? :lol:

You obviously have a lot of spare time on your hands so it shouldn't be too much trouble ;)

But seriously. Is it surprising the broadcasters pick the best supported teams, and usually the best games, to show? Man United will always be a popular choice because Sky's viewing stats show their games are the most watched, followed, surprise, surprise, by Liverpool. And you may not have noticed that I did mention the new kids on the block who have replaced Chelsea as the revenue stream drivers. So expect to see them feature more often when the next batch of live games is announced..

The games on tv are including the recent picks up to end of March so bang goes the new kids on the blocks theory.
Because you keep saying it doesn’t make it FACT.
It amazing what a quick google can do, try it old chap.
Instead of making it up as you go along.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Towie

Post by Towie »

exhammer wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:09 am
Whiskyman wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:38 am

Sky 6? So where do TNT fit in with this ? And Amazon for that matter?

And can I suggest you check your figures old chap. You do realise there have only been 23 games played by most teams this season don't you? :lol:

You obviously have a lot of spare time on your hands so it shouldn't be too much trouble ;)

But seriously. Is it surprising the broadcasters pick the best supported teams, and usually the best games, to show? Man United will always be a popular choice because Sky's viewing stats show their games are the most watched, followed, surprise, surprise, by Liverpool. And you may not have noticed that I did mention the new kids on the block who have replaced Chelsea as the revenue stream drivers. So expect to see them feature more often when the next batch of live games is announced..
A lot of folk dont know Sky and the others take a lot of notice of the viewer numbers. Was talking to an old player who does a buit with sky from time to time and theyve got a load of figures that show how much their viewers go up when the Man uniteds and Liverpools are on. But your right about them figures being wrong. Only 2 Arsen al games not been on the box he reckons. Cant be right.
To be clear, it is total of live appearances so far and all picks till end of March.
You are correct that the liverpools and Man Utd drive the viewing figures hence the term Sky 6.

exhammer

Post by exhammer »

Towie wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:36 pm
exhammer wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:09 am

A lot of folk dont know Sky and the others take a lot of notice of the viewer numbers. Was talking to an old player who does a buit with sky from time to time and theyve got a load of figures that show how much their viewers go up when the Man uniteds and Liverpools are on. But your right about them figures being wrong. Only 2 Arsen al games not been on the box he reckons. Cant be right.
To be clear, it is total of live appearances so far and all picks till end of March.
You are correct that the liverpools and Man Utd drive the viewing figures hence the term Sky 6.
Sky 6 is a silly comment aint it. Man City have chosen by Sky 16 times between start of season and March. Liverpool 15 times, same as Spurs. Then come Arsen al and Man U with 14. What whiskey calls the new kids have both been picked 12 times. So the most shown are the top 2. Not a surprise is it. The best teams get shownb most. Man U and Chelsea are in there because at the start most peole guessed theyd be up there with the best teams. Villa will get more poicks between March and the finish if they carry on doing well. Course the best teams are going to be shown more. Dont see a problem with that who wants to watch Sheffield U or Palace instead of Liverpool or City. Let me ask you som ething if you was picking the games to be shown which teams would you pick to get the best viewing stats.

Towie

Post by Towie »

exhammer wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:31 am
Towie wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:36 pm

Sky 6 is a silly comment aint it. Man City have chosen by Sky 16 times between start of season and March. Liverpool 15 times, same as Spurs. Then come Arsen al and Man U with 14. What whiskey calls the new kids have both been picked 12 times. So the most shown are the top 2. Not a surprise is it. The best teams get shownb most. Man U and Chelsea are in there because at the start most peole guessed theyd be up there with the best teams. Villa will get more poicks between March and the finish if they carry on doing well. Course the best teams are going to be shown more. Dont see a problem with that who wants to watch Sheffield U or Palace instead of Liverpool or City. Let me ask you som ething if you was picking the games to be shown which teams would you pick to get the best viewing stats.
Ffs, off course it is a silly term, it is a piss take of Sky referring to them as the big 6 all the time.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Anybody that pays Sky (or TNT for that matter) for live sports has , quite frankly, got a screw loose.

In my vho of course .

A debate worthy of its own thread .
Bring back Jonathon !

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

TNT ..?
rendered as man down confronted with fresh cow pat

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:20 pm Anybody that pays Sky (or TNT for that matter) for live sports has , quite frankly, got a screw loose.

In my vho of course .

Well, I must have one loose then. ;)

As it happens I think it's decent value for anyone who likes sport. The top matches are nearly always shown on one or the other, and that includes the relegation games towards the end of the season. I pay Virgin Media £71.25 a month for my TV Package and broadband. If I decided to start going to matches again like I used to it would cost me more than that for a ticket for ONE match and the cost, not to mention the aggravation, of getting there.

But her indoors is probably right when she says I need to give my head a shake because I've got a very good IPTV service as well so that I can watch stuff that's not covered by Sky & TNT.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

exhammer

Post by exhammer »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:58 am
Newmarket wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:20 pm Anybody that pays Sky (or TNT for that matter) for live sports has , quite frankly, got a screw loose.

In my vho of course .

Well, I must have one loose then. ;)

As it happens I think it's decent value for anyone who likes sport. The top matches are nearly always shown on one or the other, and that includes the relegation games towards the end of the season. I pay Virgin Media £71.25 a month for my TV Package and broadband. If I decided to start going to matches again like I used to it would cost me more than that for a ticket for ONE match and the cost, not to mention the aggravation, of getting there.

But her indoors is probably right when she says I need to give my head a shake because I've got a very good IPTV service as well so that I can watch stuff that's not covered by Sky & TNT.
Agree with you, that ain't a bad deal. Do you know how much extra the sports bundle is mate ? Part of that figure you got is for the broadband so it aint all for the sports is it ? Being nosey if youve got IPTV why do you keep paying Virgin ? But its like you say its about choice aint it. I mean theres people happy to pay twice as much a month to watch the Hammers Chat patreon stuff than they pay to get Netflix or Amazon. I might give Virgin a spin next time my contracts due to renew they keep trying to get me to sign up.