kalvin

Chat about anything football related here!
eskimo joe

Re: kalvin

Post by eskimo joe »

exhammer wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:24 pm
eskimo joe wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:12 pm

Ffs who is rushing to judge, merely commenting on an article which , if you cared to read thoroughly, my comments it clearly said it could be BS. They are written possibilities knowin the person involved not written facts., sorry if it offends you but thoughts are thoughts regardless if you like them or not. It is called conversing view points.
You are for one. You said that it would be Moyes all over. You got no evidence for that but you have like whiskey says rushed in to judge thinking everything thats printed is true.
Have i?! Like i said, the last sentence is the important one. It replaces " if what is said is true. And regardless of what you or whiskey might think, Moyes isnt beyond doing it. That isnt to say at all that he will.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:11 am

FFS can I suggest we wait and see what happens before rushing to judgment. West Ham Zone is hardly Bernstein and Woodward for reliability is it. My guess this is just some spotty oik desperately trying to up his clicks-------and thus his income.
Ffs who is rushing to judge, merely commenting on an article which , if you cared to read thoroughly, my comments it clearly said it could be BS. They are written possibilities knowin the person involved not written facts., sorry if it offends you but thoughts are thoughts regardless if you like them or not. It is called conversing view points.
Hmm. Like many of the posts on the Moyes debate it seems a lot of people are making comments based on supposition and personal prejudice than fact, wouldn't you agree ? We have evidence, for example, that Moyes does not appear to have a Plan B, we have evidence that, even when games are safely won or even safely lost, he is reluctant to have a look at many of the young players at his disposal to assesss their ability at PL level. Even the most avid supporters of Moyes would I feel sure concede both those points.

But I suspect you have no evidence that Moyes "isn't beyond doing it" as you have said in your response to another poster. I am assuming we will see Phillips make an appearance from the bench on Thursday. Not because of any agenda against Alvarez Moyes may have but because Phillips hasn't played a competitive game since November and id possibly therefore not match fit. Alvarez also hasn't played for a little while so I guess the click baiters will make the most of it if , as I have a gut feeling might happen, Phillips comes on to replace Alvarez after about an hour.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:18 pm

Hmm. Like many of the posts on the Moyes debate it seems a lot of people are making comments based on supposition and personal prejudice than fact, wouldn't you agree ? We have evidence, for example, that Moyes does not appear to have a Plan B, we have evidence that, even when games are safely won or even safely lost, he is reluctant to have a look at many of the young players at his disposal to assesss their ability at PL level. Even the most avid supporters of Moyes would I feel sure concede both those points.

But I suspect you have no evidence that Moyes "isn't beyond doing it" as you have said in your response to another poster. I am assuming we will see Phillips make an appearance from the bench on Thursday. Not because of any agenda against Alvarez Moyes may have but because Phillips hasn't played a competitive game since November and id possibly therefore not match fit. Alvarez also hasn't played for a little while so I guess the click baiters will make the most of it if , as I have a gut feeling might happen, Phillips comes on to replace Alvarez after about an hour.
So the 90 mins he played against Red Star in December in the Champions League doesn't count as competitive then :D

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

But you havent got evidence either that he is not beyond doing it. What we got is the man himself and his attitude.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

eskimo joe wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:26 pm

But you havent got evidence either that he is not beyond doing it. What we got is the man himself and his attitude.
You won’t be surprised to read that I agree with you on this .
Based on what we do know it isnt far beyond the realm of possibility .
Yes none of us can claim to be able to read Moyes’ mind nor do we know what’s happening on the training ground this week but we can take an educated guess.

Hands up if you can see Moyes dropping Soucek for Phillips ?
Also who can envisage Moyes dropping JWP ?

I think there’s a pretty good chance Paqueta’s injury does Moyes a favour for this Bournemouth game and he can play all 4 CM’s , possibly sticking JWP out left .
It’s when Paqueta’s fit that Moyes’ll have a problem.

Thing is WILL it be a problem ?
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

andyginbrasil wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:30 pm

So the 90 mins he played against Red Star in December in the Champions League doesn't count as competitive then :D

If he did play then I plead guilty to believing something I heard on o click bait podcast that he hadn’t played a competitive game since November. :lol:

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

No I haven’t. But isn’t that completely irrelevant ? You can’t prove a negative, can you?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:34 pm

Yes none of us can claim to be able to read Moyes’ mind nor do we know what’s happening on the training ground this week but we can take an educated guess.

I think there’s a pretty good chance Paqueta’s injury does Moyes a favour for this Bournemouth game and he can play all 4 CM’s , possibly sticking JWP out left .

Imo you’ve highlighted another of Moyes failings in that post. His failure to use the squad effectively. The fact we’re talking about “dropping” someone to accommodate Phillips is unfortunate. Surely the playing style of the opposition should play a part in the line up, so do we really need to have a so called best eleven. But I guess that brings us back to the Plan B conundrum.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:56 pm
Newmarket wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:34 pm

Imo you’ve highlighted another of Moyes failings in that post. His failure to use the squad effectively. The fact we’re talking about “dropping” someone to accommodate Phillips is unfortunate. Surely the playing style of the opposition should play a part in the line up, so do we really need to have a so called best eleven. But I guess that brings us back to the Plan B conundrum.
Of course you are quite correct .

All things are possible in the world of football , the trouble with us is we have to tag “but we have David Moyes” on the end of everything. Every discussion , every guess , every idea , when it comes to our squad management in both starting personnel, tactic(s) 🤣 substitutions etc .

Personally I’m a little bit disappointed that we have borrowed Kalvin Phillips .
Not that I don’t like the player , indeed I think he’s one of the best at what he does .
It’s just that I wanted adequate cover for Alvarez as we fall apart in midfield when he’s not there .
And as I can’t see Moyes dropping either Soucek or Ward-Prowse and in order to fit in a fit again Paqueta, that only leaves one option .
And I don’t like it.
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:00 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:56 pm

Of course you are quite correct .

All things are possible in the world of football , the trouble with us is we have to tag “but we have David Moyes” on the end of everything. Every discussion , every guess , every idea , when it comes to our squad management in both starting personnel, tactic(s) 🤣 substitutions etc .

Personally I’m a little bit disappointed that we have borrowed Kalvin Phillips .
Not that I don’t like the player , indeed I think he’s one of the best at what he does .
It’s just that I wanted adequate cover for Alvarez as we fall apart in midfield when he’s not there .
And as I can’t see Moyes dropping either Soucek or Ward-Prowse and in order to fit in a fit again Paqueta, that only leaves one option .
And I don’t like it.
Understand exactly where you're coming from. If used correctly within the squad we do have cover for Alvarez. He's called Kalvin Phillips. But, and here's the conundrum, Phillips can also be used alongside Alvarez when circumstances dictate. But, as you say,we do have David Moyes and it will be a decision left to him and his coaches (let's not forget them) who decide who plays with who.

And we shouldn't forget that Flynn Downes is still a West Ham player, although I somehow doubt we'll be seeing him in our colours again.