kalvin

Chat about anything football related here!
Towie

Re: kalvin

Post by Towie »

Feel sorry for the fella, he obviously not a bad player as you don’t get that many England caps by being shite.

However he has lost his way, I was hoping he could get back to the levels we saw at Leeds.
Everything the fella does ends up as a mistake but that is because he is clearly out of shape, sharpness is long gone and no desire at all.

Now he taking to giving the bird to fans, there no coming back from that. (Not that I blame him btw when you have crowd throwing insults your way must be hard to resist retaliation).
Moyes cannot play him again this season, so as we heading to mid table mediocrity give one of the youngsters ago.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Towie wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:43 pm Feel sorry for the fella, he obviously not a bad player as you don’t get that many England caps by being shite.

However he has lost his way, I was hoping he could get back to the levels we saw at Leeds.
Everything the fella does ends up as a mistake but that is because he is clearly out of shape, sharpness is long gone and no desire at all.

Now he taking to giving the bird to fans, there no coming back from that. (Not that I blame him btw when you have crowd throwing insults your way must be hard to resist retaliation).
Moyes cannot play him again this season, so as we heading to mid table mediocrity give one of the youngsters ago.
Like Moyes is going to give one of the youngsters a run out .
Still think the likes of Johnson and Aguerd could do a job in midfield , at least one that's better than what we are seeing from the likes of Phillips or even JWP in a cdm role .

WelshIron

Post by WelshIron »

Moyes will still play him I bet. He played Zouma straight after all outrage over him playing hacky-sack with his cat.

Towie

Post by Towie »

Clayton wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:50 pm
Towie wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:43 pm Feel sorry for the fella, he obviously not a bad player as you don’t get that many England caps by being shite.

Still think the likes of Johnson and Aguerd could do a job in midfield , at least one that's better than what we are seeing from the likes of Phillips or even JWP in a cdm role .
Unfortunately I know he won’t, just watching Ipswich vs Southampton game, Flynn Downes looks like a player who could do a better job at CDM than Phillips. 😔😖
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

Your Honour - the defence would like to present Harry Maguire as evidence Exhibit A.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:51 pm
Clayton wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:50 pm
Unfortunately I know he won’t, just watching Ipswich vs Southampton game, Flynn Downes looks like a player who could do a better job at CDM than Phillips. 😔😖
Low bar old chap. From what I've seen of Phillip in our jersey I think you could pick a few off Hackney Marshes on a Sunday morning who could do a better job than him .

Probably a case of a bloke securing his big contract which sets him up for life and, having got the contract, stops working at the game. Perhaps I'm being a bit unfair making that assumption but tbh if it is the case there's a very big part of me that doesn't blame him in the slightest.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

JayK

Post by JayK »

OZHAMMER wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:41 pm
Your Honour - the defence would like to present Harry Maguire as evidence Exhibit A.
Maguire and defence in the same sentence makes me shudder :o
COYI!!!

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

I think he's in a bad place mentally..
Money and status means nothing if you're in that darkness.

Lay off him is my opinion.

Maybe a bit support for him ?

Takes two of course...if he's up for it...so am I.

hovering about to abuse players after a game is pathetic ..says more about them than the player .

Jonathan Warburton..x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

normannomates wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:58 am I think he's in a bad place mentally..
Money and status means nothing if you're in that darkness.

Lay off him is my opinion.

Maybe a bit support for him ?

Takes two of course...if he's up for it...so am I.

hovering about to abuse players after a game is pathetic ..says more about them than the player .

Jonathan Warburton..x
Agree with that. No one plays badly on purpose. I do sometimes wonder how some of these guys would react if they were under the same scrutiny at work and some gobshite hurled abuse at them every time they cocked something up.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

I feel for the lad. You do not become a bad player overnight. He is clearly lacking confidence and match time.

Fans constantly getting on his back does not help, nor does dodgy referee/VAR decisions.

I am sorry, but that was never a penalty against Newcastle FFS!
Flairon