kalvin

Chat about anything football related here!
eskimo joe

Re: kalvin

Post by eskimo joe »

h69 wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:48 pm
eskimo joe wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:57 am

I never actually said there was evidence so i dont see why some seem to think i did. I said, and let me put in different terms other than " it would be Moyes all over" so maybe it is clearer. " I wouldn't put it past him ". That is based on what i know of the man. He might or might not, but with all his character flaws it doesnt put it beyond the realms of poszibility.
I'm sure.....but it still doesn't change my opinion of the 'story'. My comments were aimed at the accuracy of the story rather than you personally.

The reason for the comments above ? why would you say it I wonder ? Saying 'That would be Moyes all over' suggests that you think this is a trait that he constantly displays but as you then mention, there is no evidence that this is the case so its a bit of a contradiction.
Take what he has done as a whole, though i doubt you will see it and imo it equates to my last mention of it, it would not be beyond the realms of possibility. Will he?! Wont he?! Who knows but if he did it wouldn't be a surprise.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

well..what can i say.
a classic "only at West Ham " debut ..
you have to laugh.

deanox

Post by deanox »

He was given a hospital pass, which is no excuse, but we should not get on his back, we need to support him if we are to get the best out of him.
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

deanox wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:48 pm He was given a hospital pass, which is no excuse, but we should not get on his back, we need to support him if we are to get the best out of him.
Not sure what his best is in all honesty Deano , never been a fan , will add JWP to that list , but at least we got Kudus and Alvarez to make up for someones poor judgement .

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

I dread to think what Bruno will do to him.

Makes the eyes water.
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:52 am I dread to think what Bruno will do to him.

Makes the eyes water.
Never mind Bruno. They've got a kid called Kobbie Mainoo, not even 19 yet but another example of how a good football academy is run. That bloody statistic about Man U always having at least one home grown player in their squad fpr EVERY BLOODY GAME since October 1937 is absurdly brilliant. We can say what we like about Ten Hag but he's proved he's not afraid to trust the kids at the club.

And that statistic is something I reckon that club can be proud of just as much as the trophies they've won. He said through gritted teeth
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:53 am
Newmarket wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:52 am I dread to think what Bruno will do to him.

Makes the eyes water.
Never mind Bruno. They've got a kid called Kobbie Mainoo, not even 19 yet but another example of how a good football academy is run. That bloody statistic about Man U always having at least one home grown player in their squad fpr EVERY BLOODY GAME since October 1937 is absurdly brilliant. We can say what we like about Ten Hag but he's proved he's not afraid to trust the kids at the club.

And that statistic is something I reckon that club can be proud of just as much as the trophies they've won. He said through gritted teeth
Very true . Shame Moyes felt JWP was so invaluable on the left wing the other night rather than trusting Cornet or even one of the youngsters .
I , like you , fail to see what JWP brings to the party (when I really mean wake).

I felt that way pre-season , had a wobble during his initial purple patch of assists but as he has now reverted to type quite abysmally so have I.
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:45 am
Whiskyman wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:53 am

Very true . Shame Moyes felt JWP was so invaluable on the left wing the other night rather than trusting Cornet or even one of the youngsters .
I , like you , fail to see what JWP brings to the party (when I really mean wake).

I felt that way pre-season , had a wobble during his initial purple patch of assists but as he has now reverted to type quite abysmally so have I.
Imo it's also laughable that during the commentary on Thursday someone asked whether he should be considered for an international call up. I'm afraid JWP, and possibly Phillips also, time will tell, is another of those players who, because of nationality, have greatness bestowed upon them ny the media.

Whatever did happen to Sam Johnstone btw ? Is he still No 2 at Palace ? :P
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

h69 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:12 am
Utter rubbish and clickbait this. Only a moron with a personal vendetta against Moyes would actually believe this nonsense.
Plenty of them on here.
Flairon

h69

Post by h69 »

Flairon wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:36 pm
h69 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:12 am

Utter rubbish and clickbait this. Only a moron with a personal vendetta against Moyes would actually believe this nonsense.
Plenty of them on here.
You are not wrong. Just checked the Europe thread and there are people saying they would be happy if we were knocked out so it gets rid of the manager and a few others acting entitled as they have got too used to watching us on TV on Thursday nights.

I even saw someone say 'yeah we qualified for Europe three years running but we only did this season because we won a trophy last June do it doesnt count :lol: ' like winning 14 of 15 games going unbeaten through a whole season in Europe and actually winning something was a back door way into Europe FFS. Clearly didn't go to the final or probably any European games.

Don't read this forum much but it's still full of people who would rather we were playing pretty football despite results. Wanting to be glorious failures again. I'd say our anthem is just about spot on.

Same as the moaning about Allardyce except he didn't win us a trophy or get us into Europe multiple times but they got their way and we got Bilic and then Pellegrini instead. I'm sure they all enjoyed the pretty football we played against Astra Gurgiu twice and against Oxford and Wimbledon :lol: