kalvin

Chat about anything football related here!
deanox

Re: kalvin

Post by deanox »

deanox wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:50 pm I am really hoping he settles in with us and wants to be a hammer for the next few years. He is a very good football player, but more importantly he seems a very decent bloke.
https://www.whufc.com/news/young-hammer ... ps-reunion

I am hopeful that he will become a West Ham legend, because if we do well in the league this year and make a European final, I believe he will stay. He sort of reminds me of a defensive Parker.

I don't buy into the he hasn't played much BS; I think we have a true star that is ready to show his true worth.
How fucking wrong was my pessimism and usual deluded hope... :lol: :lol: :lol:
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

deanox wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:49 am
deanox wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:50 pm I am really hoping he settles in with us and wants to be a hammer for the next few years. He is a very good football player, but more importantly he seems a very decent bloke.
https://www.whufc.com/news/young-hammer ... ps-reunion

I am hopeful that he will become a West Ham legend, because if we do well in the league this year and make a European final, I believe he will stay. He sort of reminds me of a defensive Parker.

I don't buy into the he hasn't played much BS; I think we have a true star that is ready to show his true worth.
How fucking wrong was my pessimism and usual deluded hope... :lol: :lol: :lol:
You're not the only one mate. I thought he'd be a decent addition.

More importantly so did the people who sign the cheques.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:15 am
normannomates wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:58 am I think he's in a bad place mentally..
Money and status means nothing if you're in that darkness.

Lay off him is my opinion.

Maybe a bit support for him ?

Takes two of course...if he's up for it...so am I.

hovering about to abuse players after a game is pathetic ..says more about them than the player .

Jonathan Warburton..x
Agree with that. No one plays badly on purpose. I do sometimes wonder how some of these guys would react if they were under the same scrutiny at work and some gobshite hurled abuse at them every time they cocked something up.
It's why I'm unemployable whiskeybreathson

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Well I for one have never rated him , good championship player . Could never understand how he won England caps , but once he put on the clubs shirt hoped for the best he could be , but looks like he just hasn't got it . Still not sure why we went out and got him and are paying all that money , when we have Aquerd who could probably do a admirable job standing in for Alvarez , would even add Johnson as a candidate, he's played everywhere else under Moyes .

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

Clayton wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:49 am Well I for one have never rated him , good championship player . Could never understand how he won England caps , but once he put on the clubs shirt hoped for the best he could be , but looks like he just hasn't got it . Still not sure why we went out and got him and are paying all that money , when we have Aquerd who could probably do a admirable job standing in for Alvarez , would even add Johnson as a candidate, he's played everywhere else under Moyes .
Johnson is a strange one.
he shows GLIMPSES of quality ...but not anywhere near enough.
He's a big lump and at a good age .. but hes another player that has failed to progress under our greatest ever manager.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Clayton wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:49 am Well I for one have never rated him , good championship player . Could never understand how he won England caps , but once he put on the clubs shirt hoped for the best he could be , but looks like he just hasn't got it . Still not sure why we went out and got him and are paying all that money , when we have Aquerd who could probably do a admirable job standing in for Alvarez , would even add Johnson as a candidate, he's played everywhere else under Moyes .
I think Aguerd is better suited to that role than as a CD to be honest, Johnson isn't a bad shout. But apparently there's a lad in the Under 21s, Orford I think, who is a holding midfield player. When Newcastle ran out of options for that role they threw in that kid, (Lewis Miley ?) which hasn't worked out too badly for them has it. Would have been worth a try imo, and the money spent on the unnecessary recruitment of Phillips could have been better used to provide competition for other more obvious deficiencies in the squad.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:24 am
I think Aguerd is better suited to that role than as a CD to be honest, Johnson isn't a bad shout. But apparently there's a lad in the Under 21s, Orford I think, who is a holding midfield player. When Newcastle ran out of options for that role they threw in that kid, (Lewis Miley ?) which hasn't worked out too badly for them has it. Would have been worth a try imo, and the money spent on the unnecessary recruitment of Phillips could have been better used to provide competition for other more obvious deficiencies in the squad.
Makes sense , but we are talking about West Ham .

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

I reckon that's the last we'll see of this fella.
He's folded and taken a stroll.

It's turned into a disaster signing for us.

I thought Moysie was big on characters ...

WestHamFan682

Post by WestHamFan682 »

I'm a big fan of Phillips throughout his career and can honestly say I'm gutted it hasn't worked out for him.

I've had the pleasure of meeting him on multiple occasions and you can tell by speaking to him he loves the club and wanted it to work out. Wish him all the best wherever the next steps in his career take him

COYI

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

WestHamFan682 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:07 am I'm a big fan of Phillips throughout his career and can honestly say I'm gutted it hasn't worked out for him.

I've had the pleasure of meeting him on multiple occasions and you can tell by speaking to him he loves the club and wanted it to work out. Wish him all the best wherever the next steps in his career take him

COYI
I have never thought much of Phillips , nothing more than a good championship player iny eyes , but I am always gutted when any player who comes to the club does poorly , but that's nothing to do with how I feel about the player personally , more about my own selfishness and wanting decent players performing at the club . Maybe if I liked a certain player I would feel as you do .