Callum Marshall

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Callum Marshall

Post by Whiskyman »

According to my spies (not ITKs but usually not far off the facts) the lad isn't being sent out on loan although there have been many enquiries for his services, including one from a League One club very close to where I live. If that is the case I wouldn't blame the kid if he told whoever made that decision to poke the new contract offer supposedly on the table where the sun doesn't shine.

A hell of a lot of football people rate this lad very highly and he needs to get experience. If he stays at West Ham and gets minutes in the first team between now and the end of the season then all well and good but, seriously, is that going to happen ? Likewise Mubama. Two things are clear about him imo. He's got ability and he's not ready physically for the PL. I thought one of Noble's functions was to deal with young player development. If that's the case he needs to get his bloody finger out of the dwarf's arse and start developing before they all fuck off to pastures new.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

eskimo joe

Re: Callum Marshall

Post by eskimo joe »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:00 am According to my spies (not ITKs but usually not far off the facts) the lad isn't being sent out on loan although there have been many enquiries for his services, including one from a League One club very close to where I live. If that is the case I wouldn't blame the kid if he told whoever made that decision to poke the new contract offer supposedly on the table where the sun doesn't shine.

A hell of a lot of football people rate this lad very highly and he needs to get experience. If he stays at West Ham and gets minutes in the first team between now and the end of the season then all well and good but, seriously, is that going to happen ? Likewise Mubama. Two things are clear about him imo. He's got ability and he's not ready physically for the PL. I thought one of Noble's functions was to deal with young player development. If that's the case he needs to get his bloody finger out of the dwarf's arse and start developing before they all fuck off to pastures new.
Well Bug Eyes apparently raved about him, well raved might be too strong a word, after the dreadful Bristol game, but we heard shyte like that from him before.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

I only found out about the HG bizzo when reading the Coventry thread. Had to google to see what it meant. If thats what's holding the careers of these youngsters back then it's a load of bollox. Especially with a manager who refuses to play them.
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

garnett

Post by garnett »

Truth of the matter is he has no intention of playing him, he probably doesn't even want to bench him, so best fuck him off, out of sight out of mind.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

tassiehammer wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:58 am I only found out about the HG bizzo when reading the Coventry thread. Had to google to see what it meant. If thats what's holding the careers of these youngsters back then it's a load of bollox. Especially with a manager who refuses to play them.
In theory the home grown thing should help, not hinder, the development of academy players. But this, as they say, is West Ham, so who knows ?

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

nowhere near ready for top tier football...hes tiny in stature at the moment and will be eaten alive .
we are not in the championship or even the arse end of the premier league to have the luxury to blood the lkes of Marshall
currently our youth have their work cut out
just the way it is..
if hes good enough...he'll prove it.

i like George Earthy a lot..
.but his chances of becoming a regular first team squad member are remote as it stands..the levels required now are kudus and bowen?? ...that wasnt the case in the past.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

normannomates wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:09 am nowhere near ready for top tier football...hes tiny in stature at the moment and will be eaten alive .
we are not in the championship or even the arse end of the premier league to have the luxury to blood the lkes of Marshall
just the way it is..

.but his chances of becoming a regular first team squad member are remote as it stands..the levels required now are kudus and bowen?? ...that wasnt the case in the past.
No one is saying he's ready but how is he going to prove if he's good enough, like you say he will, if he doesn't get the opportunity to go out on loan and learn to play against men and not the kids he and his mates are rolling over pretty much every game they play in the kiddies legue. That league is obviously too easy for them, so what's the point of them playing in it week in week out ?

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:40 am
normannomates wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:09 am nowhere near ready for top tier football...hes tiny in stature at the moment and will be eaten alive .
just the way it is..

No one is saying he's ready but how is he going to prove if he's good enough, like you say he will, if he doesn't get the opportunity to go out on loan and learn to play against men and not the kids he and his mates are rolling over pretty much every game they play in the kiddies legue. That league is obviously too easy for them, so what's the point of them playing in it week in week out ?
i say its all big talk

all your big talk is worth doodley-squat to me

i advise you to turn back captain

h69

Post by h69 »

He'll get some decent experience and toughen up there. A good move all round and another kick in the teeth for the ITK vloggers and their sheep for followers who claimed he was not going to sign and leave the club.
Attachments
Screenshot_20240126_164551_X.jpg
Screenshot_20240126_164551_X.jpg (750.91 KiB) Viewed 335 times

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

h69 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:48 pm He'll get some decent experience and toughen up there. A good move all round and another kick in the teeth for the ITK vloggers and their sheep for followers who claimed he was not going to sign and leave the club.
Will be a good learning experience for the lad, and at a decent level with a decent club. But I’ll wait for the official announcement which hopefully won’t be too long in coming. Hopefully a few more of that batch will be spending the next few months out playing somewhere.