Sheffield Utd vs West Ham Utd Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

Sheffield Utd vs West Ham Utd Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

Hope we will perform better as we were well below par against Bristol City and dumped out of the cup so that was a very poor performance which I wasn't surprised as our strength in depth is very poor and that needed to close the gap between our 1st 11 to 2nd 11 so hopefully to close the gap after 2 seasons when Tim Steidtner bring in more better quality players in to fill in the massive void. We have to be patience and hope to get at least 6 players in this summer as this winter windows is pointless and boring. One slight good news that Bowen is coming back but not 100% sure if he is ready for this games and after this game another 10 days break before the Bournemouth games which come on 1st February (Thursday). Hope to have Alvarez back in our squad fit and more balance to the team and push up Soucek level as he was very poor against Bristol City. Sheff Utd are fighting for every point(s) from now on so likely to be a very tough game. I am NOT confidence of us getting 3 points as we are without the big 3 attackers so it will be a very light-weight side. Benrahma will be suspended for this game but won't be missed as he was very poor this season. Ben Johnson did very well and better than Coufal so hope Johnson can get a start.

Squad:

Areola

Johnson
Zouma
Ogbonna
Emerson

Soucek
Alvarez

Fornals
JWP
Cornet

Mubama/Bowen

We need to do better and more importantly to keep picking up points on the board to have great chance of finishing 6th or 7th We need to be more energetic and not to be bullied by those blunt.

Result probable:

West Ham win: 10%
Draw 40%
Sheff Utd 50%

That due our top 3 attackers aren't available so we are very light-weight in attack thus less chance of a goal. Danny Ings is no use to us. If we have Kudus, Paqueta and Bowen up front, then our win probable will be 50% with 10% Sheff Utd.

COYI!!!!!
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

normannomates

Re: Sheffield Utd vs West Ham Utd Official Match Thread

Post by normannomates »

like a moth to a flame..
if ever a game was set up for these cunts.....this is it

lump on the blade merchants...

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

We'll roll them with a bit to spare.

COYI whufc_crest

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Depends on who’s back and fit for this one .
They will definitely be up for it.

Might sneak a draw if a half decent lineup occurs maybe sneak a win
Last nights wankers involved it will be a heavy defeat.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Just heard on the injury front that Fornals and Alvarez who missed the crap match at Bristol City, may not be available for this weekend clash at Sheff Utd so in that case, we may need to put Scarles and Orford in the team with JWP reverting back to DM.

Areola

Johnson/Coufal
Zouma
Ogbonna
Emerson

Soucek
JWP

Cornet
Orford
Scarles

Mubama

That less % of West Ham win down from 10% to 1% with Sheff Utd win % increased from 50% to 59%

No thanks to stupid Moyes timewasting on transfer incoming players as we got several space and yet no signing/loan players in with the boring rumour of our interest in this player, that players, blah blah, blah and this is getting so f&cking boring!

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

So Ibbs you think Moyes will play a WB ( Scarles ) as a winger , no DM ( he could throw Appiah-Forson in at the deep end ) , we saw how that went against Bristol City with Soucek/JWP in midfield , and Mubama up front all alone . That would get him sacked , wouldn't it . :?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Clayton wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:20 pm So Ibbs you think Moyes will play a WB ( Scarles ) as a winger , no DM ( he could throw Appiah-Forson in at the deep end ) , we saw how that went against Bristol City with Soucek/JWP in midfield , and Mubama up front all alone . That would get him sacked , wouldn't it . :?
But he won us a trophy Clay
Bring back Jonathon !

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Clayton wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:20 pm So Ibbs you think Moyes will play a WB ( Scarles ) as a winger , no DM ( he could throw Appiah-Forson in at the deep end ) , we saw how that went against Bristol City with Soucek/JWP in midfield , and Mubama up front all alone . That would get him sacked , wouldn't it . :?
West Ham are very thin this weekend and I wish that match against the blunt to be postponed by weather that could save us. I never happy with Soucek and JWP in DM but we don't have choice as we don't have a decent back-up and that is down to Moyes. Scarles is a winger so Moyes need to revert his formation from 4-2-3-1 to 4-4-2 with Scarles, Earthy, JWP and Cornet in midfield with Marshall and Mubama up front which is more ideal and more chance of us getting anything but you know Moyes is not like John Lyall who gave Cottee debut in 1983 at Tottenham and herewarded them 2 goals plus a win. Moyes need to trust the youth players more as if he put JWP and Soucek together in DM, then Sheff Utd will brush us apart like Bristol City did.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

I think a similar result to yesterday.Our passing was horrendous and it won't change.

We have had to rely on that bit of quality from the attacking 3 players that are missing to win us matches all this season.Without them, the system we play,any team has the chance against us.

1-0 Sheff Utd.

deanox

Post by deanox »

Ibbs, I like your optimism/pessimism, but Moyes won't play the youth.
It will be the same line up as the Bristol game except hopefully Bowen and Alvarez will be fit.
TBH a draw will be a result for us.
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"