Sheffield Utd vs West Ham Utd Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
dagenhamdave

Re: Sheffield Utd vs West Ham Utd Official Match Thread

Post by dagenhamdave »

Considering a penalty was given when it should have been a foul to us, and not giving a penalty to us when it should have been, most fans and non fans/critics/ journalists/media/newspapers believe we were robbed and rightly so. whufc_crest

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

lesbrought wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:45 am
JayK wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:21 pm 100% shoulda been a pen for us at the end
Not really mate !!! Bowen was pulling the Blades player down, check the stats hammers were poor
Haha, check the stats! Who needs to?! Our stats are often constant so reading them would prove nothing.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

HamstasParadise

Post by HamstasParadise »

lesbrought wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:45 am
JayK wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:21 pm 100% shoulda been a pen for us at the end
Not really mate !!! Bowen was pulling the Blades player down, check the stats hammers were poor
Welcome. Interesting first post.

I think the manager and our players agree they were poor.

But there should have been no penalty for them owing to the arm in Areola’s face, and the Bowen penalty was as clear as day. The six of one and half a dozen of the other argument doesn’t wash with me. The defender is not looking at the ball, he is turned towards Bowen to push him. As Bowen starts to lose his balance his arms come round the defender, an entirely natural reaction to falling.

The second time in a couple of appearances we have been denied points there by palpably bad decisions. They had to clarify the handball rule after the previous one.

It happens from time to time. Maybe we have had the benefit of decisions as bad as those. If so I have, like most fans and managers, forgotten the ones that go in our favour.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” (Mark Twain.)

h69

Post by h69 »

garnett wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:14 am I am so sick of all this whining, fact of the matter is we wasnt good enough to win the game, if you don`t put teams to the sword you get punished, just ask Brighton Chelsea Arsenal and spurs.
We did do enough to win the game. The game was taken away from us by an incompetent group of officials.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

h69 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:33 pm
garnett wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:14 am I am so sick of all this whining, fact of the matter is we wasnt good enough to win the game, if you don`t put teams to the sword you get punished, just ask Brighton Chelsea Arsenal and spurs.
We did do enough to win the game. The game was taken away from us by an incompetent group of officials.
I do agree with what you are saying,but at the end of the day Sheffield United had their most shots and possession this season and at least deserved a draw.

For me,this goes all down to the way we set up.Lets be honest here,the worst teams that have been promoted in PL history,we have been lucky against in one way or another this season.Thats all down to the set up(theclow block tactics)when we got some wonderful attacking players,probably the best trio I have seen since Moore,Peters and Hurst.

exhammer

Post by exhammer »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:10 pm we got some wonderful attacking players,probably the best trio I have seen since Moore,Peters and Hurst.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

exhammer wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:47 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:10 pm we got some wonderful attacking players,probably the best trio I have seen since Moore,Peters and Hurst.

Don’t be too hard on him mate, those glue fumes can do funny things to the old gray matter. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

h69

Post by h69 »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:10 pm
h69 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:33 pm

I do agree with what you are saying,but at the end of the day Sheffield United had their most shots and possession this season and at least deserved a draw.

For me,this goes all down to the way we set up.Lets be honest here,the worst teams that have been promoted in PL history,we have been lucky against in one way or another this season.Thats all down to the set up(theclow block tactics)when we got some wonderful attacking players,probably the best trio I have seen since Moore,Peters and Hurst.
Possession and shooting stats mean fuck all. Why does a team deserve more if they pass the ball around more sideways and cant hit the target when shooting. Goals are the only stat that matters and we had one taken away from us and given to them for whatever reason you might like to decide.

I loved Bobby Moore and the way he played but I'm not sure I would count him as an attacking player however good his passing was. Those three players were streets ahead of what we have now by the way.

Towie

Post by Towie »

😂😂😂😂😂
Funniest post on here for a long time. 😂
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Tell me a better trio then?

Yes,we had Brooking and Devonshire has a double act and Payet,who was somebody who did it basically on his own

You could argue Cottee,McAvennie and Devonshire?I'd except that.

I wouldn't take any notice of the other arsehole,his a trouble maker who think his opinion is better than anyone else on here.