Bristol City vs West Ham FA Cup Replay Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

Bristol City vs West Ham FA Cup Replay Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

Our winter break has been cut a bit short and several of our top players not included with injuries and AFCON so hopefully our fringe/youth players will set up their plate. I DO NOT want to see Ings start as he is far worse than any other strikers. All I pray for NO MORE injuries in this match as we lost 3 against Bristol City which I wasn't impressed with Moyes poor selection and that cost us dear. Hope we can get through WITHOUT extra time.

Squad:

Fabianski

Coufal
Zouma
Ogbonna
Emerson

Soucek
Alvarez
JWP

Benrahma
Mubama
Fornals

Hope to see couple of youth players given match time if we are well ahead but unlikely as this will be a very close game and hope we can get through this WITHOUT any more injuries.

COYI!!! whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Ibbyham

Re: Bristol City vs West Ham FA Cup Replay Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

Good news that Mavropanos is fit and ready to play so Moyes has a dilemma who to start with Ogbonna and Mavropanos likely to start with Zouma rested until the Sheff Utd game.

Kudus's Ghana lost first game and facing tough team, Egypt next and if they lose, Ghana could be out sooner.

Main worries is upfront and please NO Ings on starting line-up.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

h69

Post by h69 »

Ibbyham wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:35 pm Good news that Mavropanos is fit and ready to play so Moyes has a dilemma who to start with Ogbonna and Mavropanos likely to start with Zouma rested until the Sheff Utd game.

Kudus's Ghana lost first game and facing tough team, Egypt next and if they lose, Ghana could be out sooner.

Ghana looked fucking awful last night. Carry on like that and he'll be back in a week or two

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Ibbyham wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:35 pm Good news that Mavropanos is fit and ready to play so Moyes has a dilemma who to start with Ogbonna and Mavropanos likely to start with Zouma rested until the Sheff Utd game.

Funny I thought he was one of our better players when he came on done more running and some nice lay offs
than that Mubama did the whole game not impressed with him tbh anyone remember Frank Nouble ( exactly)
On par with him atm needs to be sent away to toughen up and improve his touch.
Anyhow still reckon we do the Wurzels
2-0 us.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:06 pm

Funny I thought he was one of our better players when he came on done more running and some nice lay offs
than that Mubama did the whole game not impressed with him tbh anyone remember Frank Nouble ( exactly)
2-0 us.
Agree about Danny Ings’ contribution when he came on . Decent cameo performance, very no.10esque.

Wouldn’t mind seeing Moyes give that another try in the replay.
Bring back Jonathon !

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Newmarket wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:18 pm
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:06 pm

2-0 us.
Agree about Danny Ings’ contribution when he came on . Decent cameo performance, very no.10esque.

Can see that happening.

Bobby_on_Beat

Post by Bobby_on_Beat »

Newmarket wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:18 pm Agree about Danny Ings’ contribution when he came on . Decent cameo performance, very no.10esque.

Yes, he seems to want to play deeper now. His game naturally adapting as his pace goes.

Want a balance between experience and youth here. Would bloody lovely to see Ings-Marshall upfront in a 4-4-2. Reckon Scarles deserves a start - need to protect Emerson from these dirty slags.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:24 pm
Newmarket wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:18 pm

Can see that happening.
Given the injuries and Afcon absentees I don’t see too many alternatives to playing Ings and Mubama as a front 2. Neither seem suited to the solo striker role so surely it’s worth a try.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Surely we shouldn't have any problems winning this even with the absentees :roll: .

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:36 pm
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:24 pm

Can see that happening.
Given the injuries and Afcon absentees I don’t see too many alternatives to playing Ings and Mubama as a front 2. Neither seem suited to the solo striker role so surely it’s worth a try.
He's gone one better.
Ings up top on his own 😂😂😂
Love a cup of Rosey I do.