The Managers New Contract Looks a Formality..........

Chat about anything football related here!
brookingslovechild

Re: The Managers New Contract Looks a Formality..........

Post by brookingslovechild »

deanox wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:19 am Unfortunately, /Fortunately, it looks like if we maintain this form and even secure another year in Europe, The Moysiah will be our manager for another season or two.
As much as he frustrates the fuck out of me for multiple reasons, we have all talked about...I'm going to say something I didn't see coming..........

I'm enjoying our current form and trips to Europe.

Maybe I might start believing he has earned a new contract :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Time for me to put on my tin hat :lol: :lol:
I heard a punter on the radio calling for arteta to be sacked after losing to us , I’ve heard people calling for klop to go in recent times. Probably the only manager who’s been turfed recently and fans have not wanted him to go is cooper.
Footy fans are a fickle breed by nature and very much about the last result.
If he’s given a new contract (especially if we finish in Europe) I don’t see an issue. The reality is it won’t stop them sacking him if we are shite in the first 6 months.
If they hoof him in the summer they had better have a decent replacement in place before transfer window closes.
Deano you are allowed to change your mind about the manager tin hat not required imo. I changed my mind about Pac-Man this season , he won me over , albeit I still scream at the tv when he over complicates something simple, he honestly frustrates me as much as moyes non subs at times, but simply put they are both going about the job and ‘ currently’ getting it right.

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

brookingslovechild wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:15 am
deanox wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:19 am Unfortunately, /Fortunately, it looks like if we maintain this form and even secure another year in Europe, The Moysiah will be our manager for another season or two.
As much as he frustrates the fuck out of me for multiple reasons, we have all talked about...I'm going to say something I didn't see coming..........

I'm enjoying our current form and trips to Europe.

Maybe I might start believing he has earned a new contract :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Time for me to put on my tin hat :lol: :lol:
I heard a punter on the radio calling for arteta to be sacked after losing to us , I’ve heard people calling for klop to go in recent times. Probably the only manager who’s been turfed recently and fans have not wanted him to go is cooper.
Footy fans are a fickle breed by nature and very much about the last result.
If he’s given a new contract (especially if we finish in Europe) I don’t see an issue. The reality is it won’t stop them sacking him if we are shite in the first 6 months.
If they hoof him in the summer they had better have a decent replacement in place before transfer window closes.
Deano you are allowed to change your mind about the manager tin hat not required imo. I changed my mind about Pac-Man this season , he won me over , albeit I still scream at the tv when he over complicates something simple, he honestly frustrates me as much as moyes non subs at times, but simply put they are both going about the job and ‘ currently’ getting it right.
Fickle indeed. I ran a poll a little while back on who we each saw as our best manager of the premier league era. I believe that it finished with Redknapp on top, followed by Moyes, then Allardyce... probably our most three maligned managers of all time?! I think it just goes to show that I don't think that it matters who we get in as they are on a hiding to nothing anyway, and that they need to have a thick skin from the off.
Last edited by OZHAMMER on Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

tassiehammer wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:05 am
garnett wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:20 am I'm expecting the inevitable, our owner's can't see further than 3 points regardless of performance, but when he signs and Paqueta and Kudus fuck off, back to square 1 with antonio up front defending for our lives.
Lot of it's and buts there Alf. Will they fuck off? Is Mikey coming back? What about Bowen going to the scouse? And it's not just 3 points, we took 9 without conceding a goal. I'm not a Moyes nosher but as I posted elsewhere could Pep or Klippity, with the cattle we have, do any better?
That's the conundrum isn't it? Alf says the owners can't see further than 3 points, and tbh he's probably right, but is there anything else that's more important? If we want to keep players like Paqueta,Kudus and Alvarez and attract others of similar calibre we simply have to be able to offer European football. And the only way we can do that is by getting as many 3 points on the board as possible.

One thing is for certain though, and the stats back it up. We are at the moment enjoying a longer period of relative success for West Ham than we have seen before over any sort of period. We've had our flash in the pan moments before. 1985/86 was areal opportunity to kick on imo, as was the "Payet season". Anothger was when we sold Rio Ferdinand but, instead of doing what we did with the Rice money and bringing in quality we allowed Redknapp to spunk it on crap like Titi Camara and other no hope cast offs.

Fact is , like it or not, it's a results business and it's results above all that will determine whether or not he is offered a new contract. Whether he signs the thing of course is another matter entirely. Suppose we'll have to wait for Mr Whetstone to feed us all with more "reliable information". ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Towie

Post by Towie »

Based on results over his tenure and the relative success for us, he deserves a new contract.

Based on playing style and performance he can fuck off.

It is a dilemma, but as the saying goes it is a results business.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Towie wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:39 am Based on results over his tenure and the relative success for us, he deserves a new contract.

Spot on

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Fu k it, let them get on with it, i detest Moyes but that wont lose him his job, if the results keep coming then i will accept that he will remain. Who knows what the future holds? We know in part but not in entirety. So it is time to just take a deep breath and get on with life.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Towie wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:39 am Based on results over his tenure and the relative success for us, he deserves a new contract.

Wonderful post , haven’t seen it put better anywhere .

It’s his interviews that REALLY make me detest him along with his refusal to sensibly rotate and refusal to give our fantastic youth players a chance .
Bring back Jonathon !

Bondsobob

Post by Bondsobob »

eskimo joe wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:26 am
Clayton wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:18 am

Don't get me wrong , love the win at The Arsenal and that we are in 6th place and the fact we won our first trophy since 81 , but I just can't stand the smug , arrogant , Narcissistic Scot . Came close to to leaving last season :? , he should have been sacked . IMO , thats all it is :roll:
Ditto.
Double ditto.

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:07 am
tassiehammer wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:05 am

Lot of it's and buts there Alf. Will they fuck off? Is Mikey coming back? What about Bowen going to the scouse? And it's not just 3 points, we took 9 without conceding a goal. I'm not a Moyes nosher but as I posted elsewhere could Pep or Klippity, with the cattle we have, do any better?
That's the conundrum isn't it? Alf says the owners can't see further than 3 points, and tbh he's probably right, but is there anything else that's more important? If we want to keep players like Paqueta,Kudus and Alvarez and attract others of similar calibre we simply have to be able to offer European football. And the only way we can do that is by getting as many 3 points on the board as possible.

One thing is for certain though, and the stats back it up. We are at the moment enjoying a longer period of relative success for West Ham than we have seen before over any sort of period. We've had our flash in the pan moments before. 1985/86 was areal opportunity to kick on imo, as was the "Payet season". Anothger was when we sold Rio Ferdinand but, instead of doing what we did with the Rice money and bringing in quality we allowed Redknapp to spunk it on crap like Titi Camara and other no hope cast offs.

Fact is , like it or not, it's a results business and it's results above all that will determine whether or not he is offered a new contract. Whether he signs the thing of course is another matter entirely. Suppose we'll have to wait for Mr Whetstone to feed us all with more "reliable information". ;)
Didn't 'Arry sign Sandbanks as well? :D ;)
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Fucking detest him.

That is all.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.