Liverpool vs West Ham League Cup Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

Liverpool vs West Ham League Cup Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

This match will be exceptional tough as it is Anfield, the one we have a worst record there. Questions will be who are playing. Liverpool, like West Ham had lots of games recently but they are very strong side and I expected Liverpool to rotate a lot against us as Liverpool got Arsenal on Saturday while we will have Man Utd on the same day but on lunch-time kick off which is not help us in term of recovery time. Expected Zouma to be rested and hope Alvarez will be ok for this match but hope to be subbed during 60th minutes time for him not to be fatigues against Man Utd as Alvarez is superb in front of our back 4 against Wolves.

Squad:

Fabianski

Kehrer
Mavropanos
Ogbonna
Johnson

JWP
Alvarez (Fornals to come on 60th minutes)
Soucek

Kudus
Bowent
Paqueta

I am not expecting us to get through as we always lose there but hope to see us giving a good try.

COYI!!!
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Newmarket

Re: Liverpool vs West Ham League Cup Official Match Thread

Post by Newmarket »

Ibbyham wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:18 pm This match will be exceptional tough as it is Anfield, the one we have a worst record there. Questions will be who are playing. Liverpool, like West Ham had lots of games recently but they are very strong side and I expected Liverpool to rotate a lot against us as Liverpool got Arsenal on Saturday while we will have Man Utd on the same day but on lunch-time kick off which is not help us in term of recovery time. Expected Zouma to be rested and hope Alvarez will be ok for this match but hope to be subbed during 60th minutes time for him not to be fatigues against Man Utd as Alvarez is superb in front of our back 4 against Wolves.

Squad:

Fabianski

Kehrer
Mavropanos
Ogbonna
Johnson

JWP
Soucek

Kudus
Bowent
Paqueta

I am not expecting us to get through as we always lose there but hope to see us giving a good try.

COYI!!!
Your last paragraph sums up how most of us feel Ibbs .

We never win there what with the Refs & VAR too but as long as we give it a go ….
But will we ?

I’m yet to be convinced that what we’ve seen other the last couple of games is Moyes turning over a new leaf .

I’m expecting the usual bus parking attempt but will be delighted to be proven wrong.
Bring back Jonathon !

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Newmarket wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:49 pm
Ibbyham wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:18 pm This match will be exceptional tough as it is Anfield, the one we have a worst record there. Questions will be who are playing. Liverpool, like West Ham had lots of games recently but they are very strong side and I expected Liverpool to rotate a lot against us as Liverpool got Arsenal on Saturday while we will have Man Utd on the same day but on lunch-time kick off which is not help us in term of recovery time. Expected Zouma to be rested and hope Alvarez will be ok for this match but hope to be subbed during 60th minutes time for him not to be fatigues against Man Utd as Alvarez is superb in front of our back 4 against Wolves.

Squad:

Fabianski

Kehrer
Mavropanos
Ogbonna
Johnson

JWP
Soucek

Kudus
Bowent
Paqueta

COYI!!!
Your last paragraph sums up how most of us feel Ibbs .

We never win there what with the Refs & VAR too but as long as we give it a go ….
But will we ?

I’m yet to be convinced that what we’ve seen other the last couple of games is Moyes turning over a new leaf .

I’m expecting the usual bus parking attempt but will be delighted to be proven wrong.
Hope we can follow Aston Villa example if we are to get anything from this game.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Just can’t get excited about the bloody Mickey Mouse cup. C we’ve got Man U and Brighton coming up soon and they are the two teams closest to us in the league. Winning them would give our European qualification hopes next season a big boost imo, and that’s key to attracting better players and keeping the ones we have. I’d be more than happy if he threw a few kids and squad players in at Anfield.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:49 pm Just can’t get excited about the bloody Mickey Mouse cup. C we’ve got Man U and Brighton coming up soon and they are the two teams closest to us in the league. Winning them would give our European qualification hopes next season a big boost imo, and that’s key to attracting better players and keeping the ones we have. I’d be more than happy if he threw a few kids and squad players in at Anfield.
would agree with whiskey on this point. Obviously dont wish to lose but would rather get something out of the UTD game and push for europe again, which has been great fun in the past 3 years and brings some much needed dosh into the club and as mentioned helps attract better players.
Have a 50/50 chance of getting to this game and have as yet never seen us win at Anfield. Did once sit in the kop with a mate when bellamy was playing and pretty certain we walked away with a draw. Its not a happy hunting ground for us.

saturday for all sorts of reasons is more important , mainly due to the many, many, utd supporting relatives (particularly my brother in law who is an insufferable twat when they beat us :D ) and mates. This is my spurs game effectively oop north.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Go for it .
Bring back Jonathon !

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Newmarket wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:18 amGo for it .
Got to go for it , totally agree .

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

brookingslovechild wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:20 am
Whiskyman wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:49 pm Just can’t get excited about the bloody Mickey Mouse cup. C we’ve got Man U and Brighton coming up soon and they are the two teams closest to us in the league. Winning them would give our European qualification hopes next season a big boost imo, and that’s key to attracting better players and keeping the ones we have. I’d be more than happy if he threw a few kids and squad players in at Anfield.
would agree with whiskey on this point. Obviously dont wish to lose but would rather get something out of the UTD game and push for europe again, which has been great fun in the past 3 years and brings some much needed dosh into the club and as mentioned helps attract better players.
Have a 50/50 chance of getting to this game and have as yet never seen us win at Anfield. Did once sit in the kop with a mate when bellamy was playing and pretty certain we walked away with a draw. Its not a happy hunting ground for us.

saturday for all sorts of reasons is more important , mainly due to the many, many, utd supporting relatives (particularly my brother in law who is an insufferable twat when they beat us :D ) and mates. This is my spurs game effectively oop north.
Exactly how I feel about the Mickey Mouse. I'd like to see us win every trophy we compete in but at the end of every game I'm more downbeat if we underperform in a league game. I can shrug off the cups. A good day out for the fans if getting to a final but as a guide to a club's standing in the hierarchy they mean squat these days.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

I think your backline would get bent over and royally fucked Ibby.

But I love your enthusiasm! :D

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

All I ask is give it a fucking good go

Do this we’re two games from Wembley

“ She wore she wore “……….