Liverpool vs West Ham League Cup Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
jameskel

Re: Liverpool vs West Ham League Cup Official Match Thread

Post by jameskel »

No Cornet tonight

Bollocks, we are in desperate need of an Orange cutter
Covid in the Boardroom

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:46 pm
JayK wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:30 pm Apparently we’re hit with sickness again with Aguerd and Cornet affected. Also read there’s no var tonight. Fuck knows how true any of that is but just putting it out there
I don't think VAR is used in any Mickey Mouse games. Possibly because maybe the technology isn't available at most of the lower league clubs. If that's the case I guess the F A Cup doesn't have it either.

Should please Terry with his LiVARpool conspiracy theories. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Can be used in the Semis and final, if lower league teams should reach them VAR will be provided.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

JayK

Post by JayK »

JayK wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:30 pm Apparently we’re hit with sickness again with Aguerd and Cornet affected. Also read there’s no var tonight. Fuck knows how true any of that is but just putting it out there
I don't think VAR is used in any Mickey Mouse games. Possibly because maybe the technology isn't available at most of the lower league clubs. If that's the case I guess the F A Cup doesn't have it either.

From what I remember from last year (could be wrong) but fa cup games didn’t have var unless the game was played at a premier league ground.
COYI!!!

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

VAR comes into the competition in the Semi-finals. If a Football League team were involved (which it isn't),they'd have not used for their home leg.

Ridiculous.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

JayK wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 3:49 pm

From what I remember from last year (could be wrong) but fa cup games didn’t have var unless the game was played at a premier league ground.
I make you right there. EFL opted out of the use of VAR, so only games played at PL grounds used it.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

terrya1965 wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:11 pm

VAR comes into the competition in the Semi-finals. If a Football League team were involved (which it isn't),they'd have not used for their home leg.

Ridiculous.
Probably wont matter as they plan to scrap the two leg semis next year. One would presume the same format as the FA, neutral grounds.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:11 pm

Ridiculous.
And people wonder why Some call it the Mickey Mouse cup. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Disney should sponsor the fucking thing. Or the bloody egg marketing board. The Egg Cup has a certain ring to it.

And there’s still a two leg semi ? I thought that idea was being binned to get rid of one game.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

JayK

Post by JayK »

eskimo joe wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:43 pm
JayK wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 3:49 pm

I make you right there. EFL opted out of the use of VAR, so only games played at PL grounds used it.
Cheers Joe
COYI!!!

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

JayK

Post by JayK »

andyginbrasil wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:02 pm Image
Heard there was sickness in the camp. How true that is I don’t know. Could be Moyes excuse for resting players. Only 2 I heard mentioned as sick were cornet who never plays anyway and Aguerd. That would explain Ogbonna but nothing else.
COYI!!!