Liverpool vs West Ham League Cup Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
terrya1965

Re: Liverpool vs West Ham League Cup Official Match Thread

Post by terrya1965 »

Liverpool is a tough place to go,but if we managed to get through.we have got a bloody good chance of winning it.It does become an open competition.

Back in June was our best moment since 1980 and to win another pot would make the fans just has happy.The experience of winning a trophy may just help too.

If we get through,it would be great,but at the same time,I wouldn't be too upset considering we are still in Europe.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:30 pm All I ask is give it a fucking good go

Do this we’re two games from Wembley

“ She wore she wore “……….
Last two games seems that give it a go is the new approach so I'm inclined to agree. But that said I'd still like to see a squad team put out and keep the legs fresh for the league.

And I bow to your superior knowledge of the Mickey Mouse Dwayne but I thought the double headed semi finals were going to be done away with. And I've just noticed Port Vale and bloody Middlesbrough are still in the fucking thing. I bet that'll pull in a bumper crowd on a cold winter's evening. :lol:
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:49 pm Just can’t get excited about the bloody Mickey Mouse cup. C we’ve got Man U and Brighton coming up soon and they are the two teams closest to us in the league. Winning them would give our European qualification hopes next season a big boost imo, and that’s key to attracting better players and keeping the ones we have. I’d be more than happy if he threw a few kids and squad players in at Anfield.
[/quote

these are without any doubt our ultimate foe on the road throughout our history...bar none....and that says it all, because they're not short of contenders.

As others say, just hope we turn up and give it a go, its all we ask ..right?

..shitting the bed and cowering to these cunts from the off is not the way to go.

can Moysie change the habit of his career against the 'BIG BOYS'..?...he definitely has a mental block/ insecurity complex ... he plays the clubs not the teams.

we can certainly do them damage if we can get it right ...tactically and mentally.

full strengh side please WHU.

LETS GO CHAPS
Last edited by normannomates on Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

OZHAMMER wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:01 pm I think your backline would get bent over and royally fucked Ibby.

But I love your enthusiasm! :D
easy to give it large 30 million miles away .....

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:52 am
brookingslovechild wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:20 am

would agree with whiskey on this point. Obviously dont wish to lose but would rather get something out of the UTD game and push for europe again, which has been great fun in the past 3 years and brings some much needed dosh into the club and as mentioned helps attract better players.
Have a 50/50 chance of getting to this game and have as yet never seen us win at Anfield. Did once sit in the kop with a mate when bellamy was playing and pretty certain we walked away with a draw. Its not a happy hunting ground for us.

saturday for all sorts of reasons is more important , mainly due to the many, many, utd supporting relatives (particularly my brother in law who is an insufferable twat when they beat us :D ) and mates. This is my spurs game effectively oop north.
Exactly how I feel about the Mickey Mouse. I'd like to see us win every trophy we compete in but at the end of every game I'm more downbeat if we underperform in a league game. I can shrug off the cups. A good day out for the fans if getting to a final but as a guide to a club's standing in the hierarchy they mean squat these days.
whiskeybreath
you, i assume you are in transition?...why are you calling the League Cup the Mickey Mouse Cup?

youre a confused bod...

no shame in it..there are a couple of oddmarks that think im unhinged too.... .there is help out there breath..

I can be your mentor if you like?
Last edited by normannomates on Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:22 am, edited 3 times in total.

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

i would love to win the League Cup ...if only for one reason..

WE'VE NEVER FUCKING WON IT..

LETS GO CHAPS

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

normannomates wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:08 am
OZHAMMER wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:01 pm I think your backline would get bent over and royally fucked Ibby.

You a shift worker, insomniac or maybe a near neighbour norm? You're on here the same time as us living 30 million miles away :D
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

tassiehammer wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:20 am
You a shift worker, insomniac or maybe a near neighbour norm? You're on here the same time as us living 30 million miles away :D
none of the above cousin....
Pitcairn ..

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

terrya1965 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:28 pm Liverpool is a tough place to go,but if we managed to get through.we have got a bloody good chance of winning it.It does become an open competition.

Back in June was our best moment since 1980 and to win another pot would make the fans just has happy.The experience of winning a trophy may just help too.

If we get through,it would be great,but at the same time,I wouldn't be too upset considering we are still in Europe.
hopefully we have some cramped up wanker to smash in a last second winner.....you know it makes sense.

i believe in karma...and these are due plenty

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

If that’s considered giving it large, you probably won’t want to head 30 million miles in this direction! :lol: