We were tired.

Chat about anything football related here!
Brookbonds73

We were tired.

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Just listened to the things interview after the game.

Apparently we were tired both mentally and physically after the spuds win. Also he would have taken two draws against the vermin and today!

I couldn't listen to any more of this shit as I found myself ready to launch the phone through the window.

These things cost money you know.

Oh by the way.
Moyes you're an even bigger cunt than I thought!!!!
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

andyginbrasil

Re: We were tired.

Post by andyginbrasil »

Yet the team we played on Thursday night are also playing today, ...no one is complaining about tiredness .... And incidentally are 2 up against a far superior team than Fulham

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:30 pm Just listened to the things interview after the game.

Apparently we were tired both mentally and physically after the spuds win. Also he would have taken two draws against the vermin and today!

I couldn't listen to any more of this shit as I found myself ready to launch the phone through the window.

Oh by the way.
If he said that i would give him his P45 yesterday, he would rather take two points than 3,?! What an arse, would he say that if we were sitting in 16th?

His excuses were being prepared long before this game.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

eskimo joe wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:59 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:30 pm Just listened to the things interview after the game.

Oh by the way.
If he said that i would give him his P45 yesterday, he would rather take two points than 3,?! What an arse, would he say that if we were sitting in 16th?

He also went on to suggest the Thursday to Sunday matches are taking their toll.

Funny that because Aston Villa have the same schedule and look at them!!

The man's a thoroughbred cunt.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 6:25 pm
eskimo joe wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:59 pm

He also went on to suggest the Thursday to Sunday matches are taking their toll.

If memory serves two matches per week. way back when were a common occurance and players were out on the razzle more often. And as you say Villa are in the same boat now and are still flying, so what does it say about the man of a thousand excuses? And no! he isn't the first, nor will he be the last, to use that excuse. The busy period has only just begun and already he feels under the cosh.

I could half accept that excuse if we were more than halfway through the season plus the extra games, but we have barely reached that. Whats his excuses for the other dozen or more previous PL games.?

I got my suspicions but that is all they are, and they could be way off.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

eskimo joe wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:08 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 6:25 pm

If memory serves two matches per week. way back when were a common occurance and players were out on the razzle more often. And as you say Villa are in the same boat now and are still flying, so what does it say about the man of a thousand excuses? And no! he isn't the first, nor will he be the last, to use that excuse. The busy period has only just begun and already he feels under the cosh.

I could half accept that excuse if we were more than halfway through the season plus the extra games, but we have barely reached that. Whats his excuses for the other dozen or more previous PL games.?

Yep, definitely was the case years ago. Not only the busy Christmas schedule but also at Easter when you played two games in two days. This man will blame everyone and everything barring himself.
Like I've said many times before, I know this cunt from old, he's a fucking narcissist of the highest order. We're exactly like Everton were fan wise. Some were grateful for doing what he did, but a huge amount of the fan base couldn't wait for him to go.
The sooner we're shot of this thing the better.

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:00 pm
eskimo joe wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:08 pm

Yep, definitely was the case years ago. Not only the busy Christmas schedule but also at Easter when you played two games in two days. This man will blame everyone and everything barring himself.
Like I've said many times before, I know this cunt from old, he's a fucking narcissist of the highest order. We're exactly like Everton were fan wise. Some were grateful for doing what he did, but a huge amount of the fan base couldn't wait for him to go.
Not being a dick here, but what happened after he left for Utd , can’t remember who took over or how they did.
They are still in prem so I’d guess they’ve been relatively successful since he offskied

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

brookingslovechild wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:18 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:00 pm

Not being a dick here, but what happened after he left for Utd , can’t remember who took over or how they did.
They are still in prem so I’d guess they’ve been relatively successful since he offskied
Was it Martínez?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Not sure I buy into the tiredness idea tbh. I get that muscle and ligament injuries in a contact sport are likely to increase if playing a lot of games. But basic "tiredness" ? Apparently Tomas Soucek, statistically along with Pascal Gross of Brighton, runs athe greatest distance of any PL player, averaging 12.2 km per match , or just over 7.5 miles. Now granted there's no way any of us could do that but surely blokes whose training regime is backed up by the finest medical equipment and sports science know how should be able to manage that twice a week ? FFS one of my neighbours is a bank manager in his early 40s who goes out for a 4 mile run 3 days a week.

Back in 85/86 towards the end of our best ever season we had to play these games in quick succession.
April 19 Watford, Won 2-0 April 21 Newcastle Won 8-1 April; 26 Coventry Won 1-0 April 28 Manchester City Won 1-0 April 30 Ipswich Won 2-1 May 3rd West Brom Won 3-2. 6 games in a total of 15 days. Every single one of them ending in a win. And if you look up the records of player appearances that season you'll see we used very few players that season as well. Pitches weren't the billiard tables like today's ones either.

Fatigue is just a convenient excuse imo.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

I am still annoyed about the comment he made about rather having had a draw on thursday and yesterday. That is wrong on many levels, especially if you take in to consideration who thursdays opponents were, which makes his comment that much more unpalatable.

5-0 or 1-0 is still a loss of 3 points 1-1 and 5-5 is a loss of 4. So the fool is happy to concede the extra point just to make things look a bit more rosey. Points are as important as Goal difference,more so, if you havent got them GD makes no odds